Status: Writing :)

Faithfully

.08

THREE WEEKS LATER-

“France, Spain, Germany, Italy and now we're in Prague,” I smiled up at James with a sincerely gentle expression. “You’re spoiling me, honey.”

“I love spoiling you, to see that smile I’ll do anything,” he touched my lips with his thumb, his blue eyes danced over my face. “You’re so beautiful.”

“You’re so mushy,” I replied, giving him a mischievous grin. “Why are we going all over the place, shouldn’t we be getting home?”

“I’m actually doing a little business in every place we stop. While you were sleeping in Spain, I spoke to the prime minister at lunch in the hotel restaurant,” he raised his eyebrows and smirked. “I bet you didn’t know that.”

“You’re sneaky,” I responded with a good for you nod. “Is that where you’re going now?”

“No, that’s where we’re going. We leave for the airport after the meeting,” he laughed at my gasp. I was planning on lying in bed all day. “Come on, darling, let’s go meet with Vincent DeMotta.”

I was grumpy the whole ride there, I wasn’t happy about having to listen to James talk business whatever it was about, I knew it’d be boring. “Can I sit in the car?” my last ditch effort was blown in the water by his scolding blue eyes. I quickly followed him out of the car. “American Embassy?”

“It’s where we meet,” he shrugged since it was such a contradiction. An Irishman and an Italian man, meeting at the American Embassy. “Neutral grounds, I suppose.”

“How lovely,” I smiled excitedly even though I could care less about his business matters.

Technically we weren’t in there ten minutes and the meeting was over, I wasn’t even allowed in the room. I had to sit with the guard by the door, we talked about shoes.

James was pissed by the time we left. “Vincent is a cheat, he promised more than he came through with. He completely compromised everything, we have nothing on him now.”

“What did he compromise?” I asked gently, I didn’t know his temper yet so I didn’t want to anger him and find out.

“Foreign trades, we were going to establish more of an underground trade of weaponry, military vehicles and machines, everything from missiles to firearms,” he ranted like I had a clue what he was talking about. The more he spoke, the more a sense of trouble I got in the pit of my stomach. Was my husband a bad guy?

“Like for the black market?” I asked, somewhat upset.

“China, France, Italy, Spain, Germany and Brazil were coming together; I was so close to linking them all. And then DeMotta grew a pair of balls and squashed the whole trade, calling me a fake and ending the deal,” he sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. “I just know this isn’t the end. I have to report it quickly. I have a feeling that its going to get rough.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry its been so long since I've updated but I work 3rd shift and I sleep all day and by the time I wake up, its time to go back to work so please forgive me. :)

Anywho, I threw in a twist and you tell me if it makes sense in a couple more chapters.

Do you want some thrilling drama in there somewhere?

Thanks so much, comment.

Image