Status: In progess

Wrong Thing At The Right Time? It's My World Baby, You Just Live In It

I’ll say the words that I’m still in love, but nothing

Claire-Marie ran until her legs and lungs begged for her to stop all at once, but she could only slow down once she reached his house only to see that his shiny GTO wasn’t in the drive like she thought it would. So you walked around a few blocks thinking of all the places he could be when the stopped suddenly realizing that he should be working at the bar, his uncle owned.
As soon as she reached the bar she could only hear the bass from the music that was deafeningly playing inside the front doors. She wouldn’t find the willingness to walking and just stood there deciding whether or not she could just waltz in as if it was nothing or if she should wait till he was done.
As some folks pushed past her to get inside, she made up her mind. She’d go and tell him that it didn’t matter that he had cheated, she’d forgive him and they could move on. Simply when she got to the bar she didn’t see him, thinking that he hadn’t come on shift yet so she backed out only to bump into his back. Gradually she turned around getting lost in the emerald eyes she had felt so safe in; expressionlessly he looked at her as if she was an unplanned guest off the street.
Deliberately she began the short speech she had thought of in her head since she ran all the way there. As she stuttered and faltered in her words, he stopped her in a moment saying nothing but giving her a cold glare, he swiftly turned back to the people he had been speaking to prior to her bumping into him. Over his shoulder he told her as indifferently and unsympathetically “I told you were we finished, and honestly what we had meant nothing, absolutely nothing.”
With that he was gone, almost as if he had been nothing more than an apparition. She dragged her feet as she sluggishly walked out of the bar; she took a few steps before she wen head first into the pavement.
Waking up the next morning, she awoke to the smell of bacon and eggs frying, and some buttered toast, with jam. Thinking about it as she laid there, she couldn’t remember the last time she had a breakfast like that. So you got up scratching at her head she walked out following the smell of the food she couldn’t wait to try.
Sitting down at the rounded table you looked up into the crisp clear steely blue eyes of a man she had never seen before.