Status: COMPLETED!

I'd End My Days With You In A Hail Of Bullets...

Rebel Soldiers

Image
Morning came and Gerard did not want to leave my side, even when it came time for me to take my turn at watch on the balcony he insisted that he be with me.
“What are you thinking about Gee?”
“Ah, just about why I never noticed before how much you actually liked me and how I never had the guts to ask you out. We would have been together already and have experienced a relationship with each other longer.”
“You don’t think we’re going to live much longer do you?”
“I know I shouldn’t think that way… but yeah, I don’t think we have much longer.” He rubbed his hands on his face, he was worried.
“Promise me something Gerard.”
“What’s that sugar?” I lifted his face, making his hazel eyes meet with my icy blues.
“That we die together, no matter what. And that we won’t leave the other behind if we live.” Gerard looked into my eyes as he said, “I promise.” He took my hand and kissed it. I smiled and touched his face; he inched closer to my face. I could feel his warm breath on my lips and a shiver went down my spine; chilling my skin, causing goose bumps. Just as our lips were about to touch, we heard a round of gunshots being fired. I automatically jumped up and looked through my sniper’s scope. A band of soldiers was shooting at zombies nearby. I heard them struggle to keep the infected back. It looked like they were searching the city for survivors, or maybe just food and water. I heard footsteps running up the stairs behind me,
“What’s going on?” Frankie asked as I handed him my rifle for him to look into.
“Soldiers.”
“Are they looking for survivors, or do you think they are just looking for supplies?” Ray asked.
“Maybe, can’t be sure. Mikey go see if you can find a signal connection with them on the radio. Ray, go assure the family that everything’s okay.” Mikey rushed down the stairs, but Ray stood his ground.
“Is everything okay Kira?” I looked at my feet automatically.
“I don’t know yet Ray-man but they shouldn’t need to worry.” I told him honestly. We had to be careful now. We don’t know what kind of rebels (military or not) are out there that just want dominance over everyone (infected or not).” Ray nodded reluctantly and climbed downstairs to go inform the family.
“Were going to have to approach with caution, so keep your guns close but make sure you let them know that we aren’t going to shoot them… unless they give us a reason.” I said to Gerard and Frank who climbed down the stairs with me. We strapped on extra ammo and guns and headed out the front door telling the family to stay in the house at all times. I couldn’t help but think that they would be screwed if we didn’t come back alive; we were the only ones protecting them. Mikey informed us that he found no connection with the solders outside, so we headed to the gates. I climbed the wall that surrounded the house and set out cover fire just as the guys opened the gates and started shooting at nearby zombies. I shot at any infected that tried to get near my guys. The military men got sight of us and ignored us for a bit as we concentrated on killing the infected. I was still on top of the wall making sure none of my guys got hurt. The men helped us and silently I was praying that they were not rebels from the military. They helped us; they even shot one of the zombies that tried to bite Mikey at one point, so they had to be good right? When most of the zombies went down we called the men into the walls of the house. Was that a good move? Probably not, but we had no choice at the moment.
There were five guys on the squad; each of us could take on one each if it came down to it.
“Thanks for the help out there.” One of the men said, I was guessing he was the leader of the squad.
“We need to take care of each other. Are you guys from a base? Who is your superior?”
“Whoa there little girl. how do you know so much?”
“Hey, she’s not little, and I can guarantee that she knows more about your job than you do.” Gerard shot back.
“I’m a military brat, I know a lot about what goes on in the military.”
“Army brat huh? Good to know, you sure know how to shoot a gun.” He smirked, that sent red flags flying up all over the place in my head.
“Yeah, look I’m looking for my parents and a safe place to bunk down; do you know of a base set up around here or what?” I asked getting impatient with these jerks.
“Yeah we know of one. But what would we get in return? We’ve been searching for food and water and take what we salvage back to base.”
“You never answered my question. Who is your superior and what battalion are you from?” I asked cautiously.
“Well we’re not in any battalion anymore. We work for ourselves now ever since this world went to hell. I can point you to the nearest base but were going to have to make a trade.” This guy’s eyes glazed over with what looked like to me as lust and greed. Shit.
“What kind of trade. We don’t have much either.” Frank said, glaring at the leader; I saw that each of my guys now had tensed and held tightly to their guns.
“Well it’s been a while and most girls are dead, diseased, taken, or sick; I’m sure you can share your little girlfriend here with some real men that could show her a better time than any of you little boys can.” All The men smirked evilly, my heart dropped and my palms started sweating and a huge shiver went down my spine.
“Fuck no!” Gerard wrapped a protective arm around me, pulling me behind him. His face was so red with anger. The soldiers pulled up their guns and aimed, my guys did the same. We were stuck in a tense standoff. Fucking Rebel Soldiers.
♠ ♠ ♠
*yup, cliffhanger :P sorry I haven’t posted in a while but the upside to that would be that I pretty much figured out the ending to this story and what’s going to happen in the process of getting to the ending :D. sad news that this story is coming to a close but I have also been developing a brand new original story that I have so excited to start writing but I am having trouble figuring out if I just want to make this a story or make it into a graphic novel. So that is what I have been up to lately so please forgive me for posting not so often. I hope you guys enjoy the ending that’ll be posted within the next two or so chapters :D later lovelies –Disaster Darling :X
by the way; i am in no way wanting to disrespect anyone in the military or military families. its just a part of the story; i honor and respect soldiers and their families for their service and sacrifice :)