Sequel: Resolutionary

C'est La Vie

Deux.

"Jordan! You're finally here!" My mother's joyous scream echoed throughout the foyer. Chris had pushed me through the front door of our house faster than I imagined was possible and the rest of the boys followed. The little entryway was stuffed full now, with the addition of my mom. She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into her side.

"I missed you Jordan," she whispered, giving me one of her beautiful smiles.

"I missed you too mama," I replied.

She immediately took my bags off the floor and ushered me up a staircase. We walked down the hall quickly until we reached a door at the end. When she pushed it open, I gasped. The room was more beautiful than I was ever expecting. My mother is an interior designer and I knew her work was fabulous, but she had never taken it to this level.

"I love it," I whispered, stepping through the doorway.

"I'll leave you to get acquainted," she winked. "You can tell me all about what I missed later, alright? Just be down for dinner."

I sat down on the bed and stared at my room. The walls were painted a light blue that made the dark hardwood floors stand out even more so. The furniture all matched perfectly and there was a small walk-in closet for me. The best thing about the room was the window. Underneath a large, bay window was a lounge. I could sit there and read in peace, and the view was spectacular. London in the winter was amazing. My mom's house was just outside of London, but from my window you could see the tall buildings stretching across the skyline.

Pulling myself away from the window, I tossed my bags on my bed and started to unpack as quickly as I could. I already was able to smell something delicious wafting upstairs and I was eager to get some of my mother's cooking in my empty stomach. I gave up on unpacking and kicked my shoes off, only to replace them with a pair of fluffy socks seconds later.

I laughed quietly to myself as I slid across the floor and ran down the stairs. It was so nice to be able to see my mother again. As I rounded the corner to the kitchen the door to a room swung open and knocked me into the wall. I rubbed my head as a figure popped out from behind the door.

"Watch out," he snarled. It was the same man I had sat next to on the plane, Josh. I rolled my eyes and pushed the door into him as I scooted by.

The kitchen was bursting with activity when I walked in and I smiled as I saw my mother frantically trying to get everything on the table and out of the oven before it overcooked. I reached out and grabbed a pot from her hands just as she was about to drop it.

"You're a life saver J." Her laugh echoed throughout the kitchen. "I don't know where Evan is, but he should be home soon. I bet he can't wait to see you again honey!"

I made my way over to the table to set the pot down on a mat and took a seat in the middle of the table next to Chris. He grinned at me and threw his arm over my shoulder to give me another hug. Minutes later the table was full. On my left was the boy from the plane, Matt, and to his left at the head of the table was my mom. Across from Matt was Max and in the middle was Josh. I was assuming the other two spots were for Dan and Evan, my step father, but I didn't know where they were.

My mother urged us to start eating, laughing as we all dug in ravenously. I hadn't eat since well before the plane ride. I was hoping for a food coma tonight. As we ate, my mom started to ask the boys all about their previous tour or whatever they were doing in America.

"So Josh, how was Boston? I'm sure you loved it dear," my mother practically cooed. I could see how much she loved that boy.

I rolled my eyes as he talked to her about everything the boys did over there. It was all a bunch of touristy crap in my opinion. I attended college in Boston and knew about all the little hole in the wall spots that were fantastic.

"You know Josh, Jordan flew out from Boston too! You guys were all on the same plane and you didn't even know it. How funny."

"Oh, we know each other mom," I replied swiftly, taking a bite of my salad. "We became great acquaintances on the trip."

Matt stifled a laugh from next to me and I shot a look at Josh. My look was met by a sharp kick to the leg and I bit my lip to stop from crying out in pain. I sneakily rubbed my shin and, when my mom wasn't looking, flipped Josh off.

I grinned at Matt. He looked confused at the devious smile that took over my face as I slid a little lower in my chair. I let my foot run slowly up and down Josh's shin, making him almost choke on his food. Everyone looked at him as Max slapped his back.

"You alright?" he asked. Josh just nodded but his face was beet red.

I continued moving my foot upwards, massaging his knee when I reached it. Josh was staring down at his plate, his mouth twitching. I assumed he wanted to say something but couldn't because of everyone around us. I slid my foot onto his thigh and moved it around as seductively as I could from my position. I choked back a laugh when I saw his face pale from the bright red it had been only minutes before.

Just as I was about to move even farther up, Evan entered the room. My step-father was a good-sized man, with a hearty laugh and a happy personality.

"Jordo! You're finally here! Thank god! There have been far too many insane kids in my house lately," he cried, reaching over my chair to give me an awkward hug. I grinned up at him.

"Josh, what's wrong kid? You look stressed to the max." Evan's attention turned towards the boy across from me.

"Yeah Josh, what's wrong?" I teased, laughing. Matt gave me a little fist bump between us so no one else could see and he chuckled too.

"Nothing, Mr. Miller, just tired from the annoying girl on the plane next to me," he seethed, his eyes meeting mine.

A few curious eyes looked towards us but I ignored them, instead choosing to send him a glare from across the dinner table. After the little incident, dinner calmed down. Dan ran in shortly after Evan, apologizing to my mom about missing the beginning of our meal.

I looked over to the clock as I helped my mom clear the table. It was already 8. Dinner had lasted just about an hour, and my plane had landed three hours ago. I sighed, feeling the exhaustion settle over me. I was hoping to somehow avoid the jet lag that seemed to bestow every traveler ever, but it seemed like I couldn't.

After kissing my mother on the cheek and saying good night to everyone still seated at the table, sans Josh, I headed upstairs to my room. With a loud sigh I threw myself onto my bed, groaning as I hit the deliciously soft sheets and duvet. A chuckle came from the doorway, startling me.

Chris was standing in the door, the ever present smile still on his face. I motioned for him to come in and sat upright, patting the space next to me. He sat down and leaned back against the headboard with me.

"I'm glad you came to visit. It's been too long. It's gonna be so awesome. You can hang out with the band an' stuff. They all love ya," Chris stated.

A loud grumble came from his body and I stared wide-eyed at him. "Was that your stomach? We just ate!" I slapped his arm jokingly and we laughed.

"I 'ave a never ending hunger, I swear. I'm gonna go see if mom has any dessert. You want any?"

I shook my head. "I'm just going to sleep I think. Don't wake me up ever," I joked, pulling a pillow over my head. Chris rolled his eyes at me, which earned us both a little laugh before he got up and closed the door.

"Night sis," he whispered.

I was already falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for being my first commenter, Ally...
c:
Weee!