Sequel: Design Your Universe
Status: Active

Rule the World

We All Have Things That Hurt So Bad We Can’t Even Bring It Up

Recap:''These birds are very smart and loyal.''
''They're beautiful too,'' I said smiling at the bird.
''Speaking of which, you look beautiful.'' Thomas whispered smiling. It sent a shiver down my spine and all I could do... was smile back.


~~~
‘’Oh before I forget you might want this,’’ he said handing me and envelope. I recognized the emblem on it immediately. It had Antarctica’s king, Lord Khan’s crest on it. It was a letter from Ijs. I quickly ripped it open and took out the piece of paper and read Ijs’ neatly written words.

Hey sis sorry this letter is so short there’s not been much going on lately. I heard from mom you’re at Lord Youngblood’s castle. What the hell did you do to end up there? Kill someone? It’s been good here so far.

There’s a new girl this year her name is Seraphine she’s from Lore actually. She’s pretty awesome too! She kicked Jane’s ass! Jane says she’s a traitor to this country but Jane doesn’t know what the hell she’s talking about.

I told her and Rosin about you and Sera said she’d love to meet you sometime. Classes have been boring so far! I wish you were here with me! I miss you a lot Kat. At least now you’re not stuck with mom now that you’re at the castle.

But… you knew it was coming anyway! Just as long as he doesn’t hurt you I’m and if he does I will find out about it and personally KICK HIS ASS!!! :D I wanna hear all about him when you write me back SO SPILL THE DETAILS! What’s the castle like!? The castle here is amazing!

Well, it’s attached to the school so it has to be awesome! Rawr… uhm… We went to the town today and I hung out with Sera and Rosin for a little while before I went to annoy the guys. Hahaha Jeremy says hi! I’m trying to make this letter longer but I’m failing miserably aren’t I? Oh well… that’s all for now, talk to you soon sis and remember I LOVE YOU!!!!!! <3

Love, your bro Ijs


I smiled and laughed. Thomas looked at me with a questioning look on his face. I grinned at him.

‘’A letter from my younger brother Ijs,’’ I said smiling and thinking about my reply to him.

‘’He’s in Antarctica attending Sætre.’’

‘’You miss him don’t you?’’

‘’Yeah… I do,’’ I said looking at the ground

‘’I remember when I was going there I drove my teachers nuts!’’ Thomas said laughing as I stared at him like he was insane.

‘’You? Really? You seem like you’d be the one who sat there and did all your work.’’

‘’I did but, that doesn’t mean I didn’t get into trouble!’’ he said laughing.

‘’I still don’t believe you! You’re not like that now if you were before!’’

‘’I’ve been king since I was 16 Kat, I’ve changed.’’

‘’Well you should change back just for today,’’ I said smiling. ‘’Why don’t we have some fun.’’ Thomas raised an eyebrow at me.

‘’What kind of ‘fun’ do you have in mind?’’ He asked smirking at me.

‘’Oh god! You took that the wrong way!” I said laughing and blushing at the same time. He smiled at me. I took a deep breath thinking of a way to have some fun around the castle.

‘’How often do people piss the castle guards off,’’ I asked grinning.

‘’Never,’’ Thomas replied wondering what in the hell I had in mind. I just grinned and took his hand walking back to the door.

‘’Come on I’ll show you.’’ I said pulling him through the door.

‘’Now we just need to find some guards…’’

‘’Come here,’’ Thomas said pulling me down three or four shorter hallways until we finally came to a certain one. He motioned for me to stay quiet.

‘’Here let me see this.’’ I said taking his hand and unwrapping the cloth he had around his wrist. I carefully and quietly walked along the edge of the wall making Thomas look at me like I was crazy. I grabbed a vase from the stand. I tied the cloth loosely around the leg of the stand and walked quickly back to where Thomas was hiding behind the corner. I glanced at Thomas who was grinning and through the vase out into the hall which caught the guards’ attention.

‘’Hey! Who’s there,’’ the guard yelled. I pulled on the cloth sending the stand forward onto the floor.

‘’Hey!’’ The guard yelled running towards where we were. Thomas grabbed my hand and we took off running down the hallways. Even after we had lost the guards we kept running. Thomas opened a door and pulled me through it. It was a bedroom. Thomas still having a hold on my hand jumped on the bed pulling me with him. I was laughing to hard to really care.

‘’We’ve gotta do something better next time,’’ I said calming down. Thomas tackled me down onto the bed still laughing.

‘’Dude! Get the hell off.’’ I said grinning.

‘’God I haven’t done something even remotely close to that since school!’’ He said laughing still not getting off me.

‘’How the hell did you end up on top of me-- that sounded wrong.’’

‘’Yes! It did!’’ He said lying beside me I just grinned and turned to face him. He smiled up at me.

‘’So were you excepted to Sætre?’’

‘’Yes I was but I chose not to go,’’

‘’Why is that,’’ he asked curious.

‘’Just…’’

‘’Just what?’’

‘’It’s complicated, stuff I don’t feel like bringing up,’’ I said softly.

‘’It’s okay, I understand. We all have things that hurt so bad we can’t even bring it up,’’ he said softly smiling at me.

‘’Yeah…’’ I whispered.

‘’Trust me I would know,’’ Thomas whispered back. What the hell does he mean by that?
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this one!

So maybe there's something up with Thomas, maybe. ;)

Hope you like thank you to everyone who's subbed and commented!