Sequel: Design Your Universe
Status: Active

Rule the World

The Summer Festival

Recap: ‘’Yeah you’re right,’’ I said smiling back at her.

‘’Come on we should get back to the guys.’’


~~~~~
‘’Here,’’ Alyssa said pulling a concealed knife from somewhere.

‘’Hold on to this for the night,’’ she said hiding it on the side of the dress.

‘’What for,’’ I asked.

‘’I always carry it with me whenever I’m outside of the castle to keep myself safe. I’m with Jonathon tonight so I don’t have to worry about anything. Just hold on to it tonight. I’ll be able to relax more if I know you have it.’’

‘’Okay, thanks,’’ I said smiling at her as we walked to the fountain where the guys said they’d be. We turned the corner and saw them sitting there on the edge with drinks in their hands. Small, makeshift booths lined the sides of the streets selling various things trying to make money.

''Hey, there you are,'' Jon said smiling at Alyssa handing her her drink. Thomas smiled at me handing me my own drink. I smiled back at him and took a sip.

''Thanks Thomas,'' I said quietly sitting beside him.

''So what are we gonna do...'' Jon asked thinking.

''Well, I was thinking some horse back riding would be fun,'' Alyssa said.

''I agree,'' Thomas said taking a drink. I laughed lightly at his enthusiasm.

''What,'' he asked. ''I like horses,'' he said laughing.

''As do I,'' I said laughing lightly.

''Jon what do you say,'' Thomas asked. He seemed very loose and relaxed which was a good thing, but it almost seemed like he was drunk. I'm beginning to wonder if these drinks have alcohol in them... if they do he can't really hold his alcohol...

''These drinks don't have strong ass alcohol in them do they,'' I asked.

''No, they don't. I promise!'' Thomas said wrapping an arm around me. ''Why do you ask?''

''You seem really loopy!'' I said laughing my ass off.

''Just trying to lighten the mood a bit,'' he said pulling me close to him. I gladly leaned into him smiling, happy to be near his warm body. It was cool out tonight. Is he sure there's not alcohol in these drinks... I thought smirking. I ignored my thoughts. I was glad Thomas was so relaxed. It was rubbing off on me and it was easing my nerves. That was something I was grateful for.

''You know, I wouldn't take you as a horse person Thomas.''

''Are you kidding? I love horses,'' he said getting up. I grinned up at him and took his hand to pull myself up.

''So I take it we're going horse back riding,'' Jon said getting up.

''Are we going to the castle's stable,'' Alyssa asked.

''Yes,'' Thomas replied.

''Good because I haven't seen Karaa in forever!''

''I told you you allowed in the stables whenever you like Alyssa,'' Thomas said as we walked back towards the palace.

''I know but it's off limits to everyone but guards and stable hands. It doesn't seem fair.'' Thomas rolled his eyes at her.

''You have the kings permission and Karaa is your horse not mine.''

''I know but you still own her.''

''Kat, she's being difficult. Make her stop being difficult,'' I laughed Thomas' facial expression and tone of voice.

''I have a suggestion why don't both of you shut up,'' Jon said sarcastically laughing. Alyssa punched him in the arm.

''Ow! What was that for?''

''No one tells me to shut up,'' Alyssa said smirking.

''Kat! She hit me!''

''Good god do I look like Jerry Springer to you 3?'' Thomas lost it laughing. He most know who he is. I grinned laughing while Jon and Alyssa looked at me like I was insane.

''Wh... who?''

''Never mind,'' Thomas said biting his lip trying to hold back a laugh. I looked ahead of me to see we were approaching the steps. Thomas turned and went right to the side of the castle. I just followed him not knowing where we were going. As soon as we were through the doors of the stable Alyssa took off running. She ran up to a beautiful black stallion. I smiled.

''So this is Karaa,'' I asked walking up beside her.

''Yes, Karaa is short for Karaanath.''

''I see why you shortened it,'' I said laughing.

''Say a bunch of times fast enough and it sounds a but like car and math.''

''Are we gonna stand here or go riding,'' Thomas asked smiling at me. I smiled back.

''Riding would be nice.''
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler chapter. MAJOR Oh Shit moment in the next. Be. Ready.

Hope you liked it!