Sequel: Design Your Universe
Status: Active

Rule the World

Edane?

I laid my head on the window of the shuttle. The world passed us by. Shadows crept over everything in the early morning light. I was sure the grass was still wet for the sun had not yet rose. Damn you Thomas for waking me up so early!

My eyes involuntarily closed again. I wished I had my music player. That was how I passed time on long trips, listening to music. I was too tired to entertain myself with watching the world blur by out the window. Why had we stayed up so late? Drinking none the less. I had regretted drinking so much whiskey when I woke up the next morning.

I didn’t have a hangover, only a slight headache. It was enough though, to apparently make me forget where I was. I nearly had a freaking heart attack when Thomas had wrapped his arm around me. I was still half asleep; I had forgotten I was in Thomas’ room, and in his bed. Can you really blame me for freaking out? Thomas had found it quite amusing.

I had vowed to sleep most of the ride to Antarctica, but I was so far failing miserably. Even the smooth glide of the shuttle moving at its quick speed could not lull me to sleep. I didn’t know why. It just seemed that no matter how tired I was, I could not fall asleep.

It would take us most of the day to get to Saetre which was why we had gotten up so early. And it was also why I was so damn tired. Thomas was off somewhere in another part of the shuttle. This particular one was a rather large one. There were lots of places someone could be. It was like an old fashioned train, but it ran on solar energy and it was a very smooth, fast ride. That was something I was quite glad for because according to my history class’s train rides were not the most comfortable moods of transportation but then again, neither was being cooped up in a car for hours.

I got up deciding I’d go see where Thomas was. I nearly jumped out of my skin as the door open suddenly just as I was reaching for the handle. Thomas walked in and smiled seeing me still awake.

‘’Thomas you scared the shit out of me,’’ I said laughing. He grinned wrapping an arm around me as we walked back to our seats. It was just us on the shuttle, and it was only going to be us. We could do anything we wanted. Oh dear god did I really just think that? That can be taken so wrongly…

‘’Sorry Kat,’’ he said smiling as we both sat down.

‘’I figured you’d be dead a sleep,’’ he said laughing.

‘’Nuh-uh, can’t sleep. No matter how tired I am. I don’t know why.’’ I mumbled. Thomas pulled me closer to him.

‘’Maybe you can sleep if I’m here with you,’’ he suggested. I rolled my eyes slightly at his remark.

‘’Can I see your MP3 player,’’ I asked.

‘’Sure,’’ he said pulling it out of his pocket. He turned it on and handed it to me.

‘’You’ll like that band,’’ he said smiling. I put the head phones in my ears and hit play. I glanced at the screen seeing what the song was when I heard the girl’s voice. The song was called ‘Even the Spirits are Afraid.’’ I smiled. The music was pretty good. I was surprised actually. I didn’t take Thomas for the kind of person to like music like this, but I was beginning to learn to expect to the unexpected. I laid my head on Thomas’ shoulder and closed my eyes, listening to the lyrics.

You think you were earning
Burning the church of your god
You were yearning
Learning the birth of your dirt
Did you think you earned it
Burning your god
That you thought messed up your life?


I liked the song a lot. My mind had begun to drift and soon, it had gone blank.

Thomas
I looked down and smiled seeing Kat asleep. I knew The Gathering would put her to sleep. I stood up careful not to wake her up and looked out the back window. Kat had been asleep for a few hours. We would be there soon. It was dark out, but there was just enough light to still see. We were crossing the icy planes of Antarctica now and would be there in another hour or so. I was glad for it being as tired as I was becoming. True to her word Kat has slept most of the trip. I couldn’t sleep though; I had too much on my mind.

I had received a letter from two other kings, both regarding he same thing. Mephisto was planning something. The six of us, excluding Mephisto obviously, had decided it best many years ago to keep and eye on him. We didn’t trust him. He was a sneaky, conniving bastard. He could twist your words and use them against you. It was something he was a master at. We had watched him in secret for years to make sure he had never planned something he could use to overthrow the rest of us. He had been spending a lot of time in the science lab according to Sean. I needed to talk to Roy about this; he is the only one who has talked to Mephisto since school when he paid a visit to the science lab a few years back.

Ever since that trip he had Ulver. The wolf was amazing. A hybrid from the lab, he was as witty
as Kat if not more. He would certainly get along with her so would Roy. I grinned when an idea popped into my head. She doesn’t know Ulver can talk. How many wolves can actually talk? Ulver will freak her the hell out… This will be hilarious! I thought grinning to myself. I sat back down and spent my time simply thinking until the shuttle slowed to a stop. I walked over to Kat and shook her awake slightly. She jumped before she realized it was me.

‘’We’re here,’’ I said smiling. She slowly got up and pulled her coat on. I had already put my
coat on not long before. We walked off the shuttle into the cold arctic night. The cold air stung, but if felt good to me. Kat was certainly enjoying it too. She was staring at the castle in awe. Blue-ish white lights shined up on the castle and school’s dark stone giving it and ominous sense.

‘’It’s beautiful,’’ Kat said softly. I looked up. Roy was on the bridge between the entrance to the school and his castle. I smiled at him. He was as ominous as his castle. Kat and I entered through the school’s entrance and were greeted by headmistress Svart.

‘’Ahh Thomas you’re back,’’ she said with a fake enthusiastic voice.

‘’Yes the devil is back,’’ I said laughing. ‘’And no I will not promise to not spray paint the white boards again.’’ I said with a grin.

‘’You’d better not! It took us forever to get that off! You and Sean, dear lord…’’ she trailed off.

‘’And who might this lovely young lady be,’’ she asked looking at Kat. Kat smiled back at her.

‘’My Name is Katariina Koppig. I am Ijs Koppig’s older sister, you can call me Kat.’’

‘’You’re Ijs’ sister? I can see the resemblance!’’ she said laughing. Her laugh had always been obnoxious, but it was better then her yelling!

‘’Come on Kat, we should go see Roy before he begins to wonder where we are at,’’ I said
finally. Kat nodded catching my annoyance.

‘’Oh, well I won’t keep you,’ Svart said before turning and walking toward her office. I tried not to grin or smirk but I failed miserably. Kat smirked at me.

‘’What?’’

‘’You and Sean spray painted the white boards,’’ she asked.

‘’Yes,’’ I said as we walked across the bridge. Kat glanced outside. She stopped dead in her tracks.

‘’It’s beautiful isn’t it,’’ I asked taking her hand.

‘’It is,’’ she said with a light smiled. We continued walking until we reached the door for the castle. The doors opened for us almost immediately. We were kindly greeted by Roy and
Ulver. Kat’s eyes widened seeing Ulver.

‘’Don’t worry he won’t hurt you,’’ I said laughing lightly.

‘’And how the hell would you know? That wolf is huge!’’

‘’Hello,’’ Roy said smiling lightly.

‘’You must be Kat. I understand your younger brother is a student at Saetre right?’’ Kat nodded.

‘’Yes, I’m Kat, you must be Roy.’’

‘’Yes,’’ he said quietly. ‘’And this is Ulver,’’ he said motioning to the large wolf.

Hello Thomas. Ulver said looking up at me. Kat’s eyes damn near jumped out of her head. I couldn’t help but laugh, even Roy was grinning ever so slightly.

Yes I can talk. The wolf said sighing. You must be Kat.

‘’I… I… Yes,’’ she said stuttering. I was grinning like crazy as we walked into the castle.
‘’Roy, I need to talk to you,’ I said finally. ‘’It’s important.’’ Roy nodded. I followed behind him to his study. Kat stayed in the foyer with Ulver. She was watching him carefully. I laughed lightly looking back at her. As we entered the study though, I saw someone familiar. Very familiar.

Edane?
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! Kat and Thomas are finally at Saetre! We're getting very close to our climax guys!

Lyrics Credit:
The Gathering - Even the Spirits are Afraid

Hope you liked the chapter! Subscribe? Comments? LOVE?!