Sequel: This Ends Now.
Status: Sequel is coming your way soon :D

Forever Hold My Heart

The truth at its best.

I slowly started to wake up. I was in a room, on a bed to be exact. I immediately sat up , I was still wearing the same clothes. I had a thick steel cuff around my left ankle, it was linked to a chain. I stood up, I was able to walk around the room but I could barely reach the door knob. I started to feel really anxious, what were they going to do with me. I went to the window and it was boarded shut. I tried to at least pull the chain off the wall but it was useless.
The door finally opened and I saw Eli.
“Did you sleep good baby,” He said and I got up and was going to give up a taste of my fist when he held out a remote control and pushed a button. I was suddenly being dragged back, I looked and saw that the chain had been retracted. I watched as he sat down on the bed. “They’re already looking for you. You’ve been knocked out for two days already. They’ll never find you here and even if they did the question is will they survive.”
“You don’t know them,” I said
“What the team you trained?” Eli said, “I’ve seen what they can do, nothing.”
“I can’t wait till they get their hands on you,” I said
“Yeah that’s not going to happen,” He said
“I want to see you fight me now,” I said
“Aww baby, I told you that was the past,” He said
“Why because you know you won’t stand a chance,” I said
“Sweet heart, if it were up to me, you’d be begging on your knees. You’d want me to spare you by just killing you.” He said
“You’re nothing and I would never beg on my knees for you.” I said
“Yeah, yeah, yeah. That’s what they all say,” He laughed. “Now enough of this it’s time to get real. We designed this just because we knew we would be having you here.”
He opened the door and walked in with another cuff that was linked to a chain. He walked over and I tried to fight him off. I was able to get a good punch to his jaw but at the same time he cuffed my right wrist. He walked out and back with another one, it was harder to fight him with one free leg and my other arm. He cuffed my other wrist with less of a struggle. He then uncuffed my ankle.
“Hey babe weren’t you the one that use to love roller coasters?” He said and I just glared at him and he pushed a button on the remote and all of a sudden I was being dragged by my wrists. I was hitting walls I even tried to stand up but failed horribly. Finally I was hanging by my wrists. My feet were barely touching the floor, it was dark so I kept my guard up.
“Eli let her down a little bit more,” A man said and my wrist were let down enough so that my hands could be at my side. Then the lights turned on, everyone was sitting in a circle around me. What was even worse was I recognized every single face in here but one. I made sure to look them all in the eyes, I wanted to rip them apart, I couldn’t believe I spent a huge part of my life with them.
They were so calm, they all had sinister smiles on their faces. They were sick twisted people.
“You know I usually like to get down to business but we’ll make an exception with you. I think you deserve to know the truth even if it kills you,” The man said and everyone laughed. I looked at him. He looked familiar but I couldn’t remember from where. “Let me start from the beginning.”
I looked around there was no way I could escape, the cuffs were pretty strong and they were all around me for me to even try and escape.
“So it all started at a masquerade, it was Joseph’s first one. We became best friends that night when he bonded with me.” The man said and I snapped my head in his direction. “You see Joseph wasn’t like your average guardian, he wasn’t afraid to leave my side. That’s when he met your mother Caroline. He fell in love with your mother, she was the world to him, of course right next to me. Joseph trusted me way too much. He sent in a request to get your mother living at the same house I was staying at. Obviously it was approved, so with time your mother and I got closer to each other. We were going behind Joseph’s back and having a relationship of our own.”
The affair was true this whole time. I grit my teeth and stared him down.
“Then your mother got pregnant with you. She was so scared because she wasn’t sure who the father was.” He said and I knew where this was going. “We left it unknown until later on curiosity got the best of me, I took a DNA test and well as we all could have guessed you were my kid.”
I started to pull on the chains, I started to jump and try to put my all my weight to snap it down but it was useless. They just laughed at me.
“The stories not over just yet,” He said and I took a deep breath and stopped. “I started all of this my plan was, no, scratch that is genius. Me and all your familiar peers here are going to be at the top. You see once I started my plan, I was practically living a double life. Of course all those other Latronis Animae use to work for me but with time I had no need for them. Anyways Joseph caught on to me and he caught on fast. I had to shake him so I set him up, everybody thought it was Joseph. When he realized that nobody believed him he fled. The last thing he did was send you and your mom to this world. Where I followed after I killed him. It was the perfect crime.”
He said this world so I was back, I knew they were using this other world as their ‘hideout’.
“Your mother knew of everything once she came to this world, I was helping her out financially. We even made a deal that I would leave you out of my group unless you turned into a guardian. Your mother had made several different types of medicines to help stop you from becoming a guardian, but she only started giving them to you when you started showing signs. I knew what your mother was up to but I wanted to see how far her ‘science experiment’ would go. Later on I found out that not only did she successfully stop the change for almost 10 years she managed to alter your DNA. Did you think it was luck that you got your specialty? Because I knew that it was only a matter of time before those pills stopped working. So I set in my work, I sent in my buddies to start getting close to you. I even used the guardians I have now to use persuasion on you, and you didn’t even know; which is partially why your persuasion is so strong. You see I had it planned out so well, obviously Gavin wasn’t part of the plan. I mean he was a kid that I did kidnap, but he wasn’t a guardian and at the time I wasn’t sure if he was a royal but I would of found out when I killed him. Anyways so my plan was to start setting in your mind that perfect person, your soulmate if you will. I had them use persuasion, which is why even in your sleep you would speak his name. As a matter of fact I’ll let him reveal himself to you. You can come in the room now,” He called out and I watched as the door opened and in walked Nate. I felt the blood leave my face, this whole time he was a part of them. I was so angry. what did they want with me? Why were they doing this? Were they really still going to try to get me to be on their team, because that was way out of the question. I really doubt that I was going to change my mind, I would have rather died.
“You see we were worried because even in your sleep you would call out for Nathaniel. It was meant to be,” He chuckled, “True love at its best. Then EVERYTHING fell apart when that troll Devin found you. You see there’s another catch to Devin, I was afraid that he would come after my guardians but then I found out that once a guardian becomes a Latronis Animae he no longer receives any type of connection, which was a definite plus for me. So you see Katelyn this wasn’t your mom’s plan, it was my plan. Your mom only tried to protect you, the only reason she didn’t try to go to the board was because if they didn’t believe your dad how would they begin to understand her. That’s the story,” He said and they all giggled as they watched my face expression.
I didn’t even know what to feel anymore. I finally knew the truth and it was nothing I thought it was going to be. My dad was alive, but it wasn’t who I thought my dad was. I didn’t even know his name, yet here he was standing in front of me. The worst part was even if I wanted to kill him I couldn’t because I would become just like him and I swear on everything that I would never be like him, he was a monster. I was going to make sure he paid but I would never be like him.
“Who was that man in the forest?” I asked and he looked at me, I could tell that this was something he didn’t take lightly, “The older one that I killed.”
I smirked and before I knew it a blade was thrown at me, it stabbed me just below my collar bone. I never saw who threw it but I smiled none the less.
“I can play your little games too,” I said giving him a smile.
“I think you would of made a wonderful addition the group.” He said
“So did you just bring me all this way to tell me stories?” I said mocking him
“No, as fun as it is we want you to open this.” He said and waved to Eli and he pushed a button. In front of me the floor opened and a safe was brought up. I recognized this safe, it use to be my moms. I started laughing, it wasn’t a real laugh but it sounded like it. I was mocking them, they were going to kill me anyways.
“You guys have all this crazy technology and poisons but you can’t open a stupid safe,” I said and I saw Bruce get up and was starting to head over.
“Don’t,” Eli said and I grabbed the chains, I had a feeling he would try to pull them short. I needed them to forget about the blade in my shoulder. If I was fast enough, I might be able to hit one of them.
“It’s enchanted,” My dad said
“If it’s enchanted then how do you expect me to open it,” I said
“Because why would your mother try to hide something from you,” He said and I looked at him like he was stupid.
“She kind of hid everything anyways,” I said and I felt a blade thrown at the back of my thigh.
“You know what I mean,” He said
“What’s in it?” I asked
“I can’t tell you,” He said and I pushed the safe with my foot.
“Then I can’t open it,” I said knowing that I wasn’t going to open it anyways. I felt another blade hit the side of my arm. I went through worse things in training. I had a total of three blades. I extended my arms out and started to slowly spin. They watched me, they all had blades in their hands. I spun enough so that the chains couldn’t retract. They weren’t supposed to get close to me because they were scared of what I would pull. I looked at them, even if I killed one then it was that much of a better chance for whoever came after them. I eyed all of my old peers, they all watched me with curiosity. I looked at Vanessa with a smile, I wanted them to thick I was going after her but was actually going for Tristan on the opposite side of her.
“Retract her chains!” My dad yell and I jumped up and pulled out the blade from the back of my leg and from my shoulder. I never took my eyes off of Vanessa. She jumped back but I quickly threw the blades behind me. I heard a scream and I dropped down. The chains untangled themselves and I was practically hanging from the ceiling by my wrists. I looked down I managed to hit Tristan in his throat and his eye. He wasn’t dead yet but he was getting there.
“You bitch!” Carissa yelled and she jumped up to me. I started to swing in place I was ready for her, but she was tackled by Eli.
“Everybody out!” My dad yelled and I watched as Tristan stopped moving. I smiled at every single one of them as they walked out. I was left there hanging. My dad stood in the doorway. “We’ll let you calm down.”
He then slammed the door. Shortly after the lights were turned off. I just hung there and let everything sink in. I wanted the guys to come after me but at the same time it would be too dangerous. I started to worry about Gavin but even if they did go after a Royal, I would know. I had a feeling that Travis would blame himself but I really hoped he didn’t. What if the board demanded that nobody come after me, what if the board did want me to die. I shrugged it off, they wouldn’t do that. I started to hum a soft melody, I wanted to take a nap to try and get some energy but I didn’t want them to catch me off guard. I could already feel the blood running down my leg and arm. There was a blade still stuck to my arm, I was afraid that if I did fall asleep my skin would start to heal around it.
“This little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.” I sang softly. I looked up, I prayed that no matter what they had in store for me I would be able to stay strong.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted to get this out quickly for you guys. Dundundun. So there you go! Enjoy. Thanks for all the comments.