Batman: New Beginnings

Chapter 4 :Home Sweet, Mansion?

Chapter 4 :Home Sweet, Mansion?

When I was discharged from the hospital there was a man waiting outside with a limo. The nurse who I believed was named Harry, Henry or something to that effect hand me off to this man. I looked at both with a worried face and the nurse laughed a pretty manly laugh.
“don’t worry. Mr. Wayne has arranged for Alfred here to take you home.”
Nurse whatever his name was placed me in the limo and Alfred buckled me and put the wheelchair in the trunk. He waved to the nurse and got into the limo. As he begin to drive off I noticed that he not only didn’t ask for directions to my house, but he wasn’t even going in the right direction. Was I being kidnapped by this butler?
“Umm… Mr. Alfred, Sir, I think we are going in the wrong direction.” I chocked out.
“Alfred is fine madam. And I am not taking you home for your apartment as I am told is not wheelchair accessible. The Wayne Mansion however is.” Alfred as he is called responded.
“But why would Mr. Wayne want me to stay with him? He has already give me a substantial amount of money for my research and now to be taken in by him, what kindness. It ran in his family didn’t it?”
“Yes Madam it does run in his family his parents were very curios and after their death I am a afraid the mansion was never the same, but it will be nice to have someone else in the mansion now” He responded.
As I looked out the window and pondered what Mr. Wayne’s plan actually was I noticed that we where driving pretty far from the city. I had never noticed before how far the Wayne Mansion was. Looking up at it from Gotham you think it is very close but actually driving there seemed to take forever. As we winded the last turn we arrived at the gates. Alfred punched a code into the security system and the gates opened. We drive though the gates and up the long drive way. As we reached the stairs. I noticed Mr. Wayne already there waiting for me. I could fell the blushing already starting. When the limo came to a stop he ran down the stairs in almost a skip, opened the door and smiled at me.
“Hello Ms. Nova and welcome to Wayne Mansion.”
Alfred had taken the wheelchair our of the car and had it set up. He reached over the set to unbuckle me but Mr. Wayne taped him in the shoulder and whispered for him to step back. Mr. Wayne then reached over me and unbuckled my seatbelt which caused me to blush intensely I could feel my cheeks starting to burn. I had to say something quick.
“You know I am only paralyzed I could have unbuckled myself.”
Mr. Wayne turned his head towards me and smiled
“Of course, my mistake. But if you don’t mind could you warp your hands around my neck?”
I wrapped my hand around him unable to do otherwise and in one movement he had lifted me out of the limo and up the front stairs.
“ I am afraid that I don’t have the mansion wheelchair accessible get. I hope you don’t mind.”
I could feel my cheeks burning, almost like there was a fire in my face and squeaked
“Nope, don’t mind at all. Though I don’t think you can carry me everywhere we arnt even engaged yet,” I laughed, but no one else seemed to be laughing. “Smooth talk about marriage before you have even gone on a date.” I thought to myself.
Inside Alfred had already set up the wheelchair. Gently Mr. Wayne set me down and the went behind me and started to wheel me to an elevator. I had never felt so helpless like I did then. It seemed they could do whatever they wanted with me and because I couldn’t walk I could get way. Almost as quickly as we entered the elevator we where on the top floor. As soon as the doors opened Mr. Wayne pushed me though the door and down the hall.
“No on the left here is my bedroom and two doors down is the bathroom and then straight across is your bedroom,” He said.
You could almost tell he was smiling. If this was another other then the city’s multi-billionaire I would have been worried, maybe because it was the city’s multi-billionaire I should have been worried.
All the doors in the hallways seemed to be closed. He opened the door to what was my bedroom and when I wheeled in all I could do was gasp. The bed had to have been a queen canopy bed at least with a black silk comforter and burgundy silk sheets. The pillows were two feet high and clearly the expensive feather kind. There was a thin curtain that tided at all for post of the bed and huge burgundy bow holding them there. There was a window on either side of the bed. Both lead out into a balcony that over looked the lights of Gotham. The windows had a black curtains handing from them that when down to the ground. Alfred went over and opened the curtains allowing some light to get in. I realized as the light brightened the area that is was a Gothic style bedroom. The walls had a dark paint that looked black, Most of the accent pieces were burgundy like the pillows on the black chairs and the lounge chair. There was a huge chest at the foot of the bed and a metal desk in the in the in that had one of the newest most expensive computer I had seen. There was a huge wooden dresser along one wall and the other there was a wardrobe. I could feel myself starting to get overwhelmed.
“ I am sorry Mr. Wayne this is very kind of you, Very kind indeed and I thank you very much for your support and help but I am afraid this is a little overwhelming. I need to rest for a little while.”
One of the last things I remembered was Mr. Wayne wheeling me over to the bed as Alfred pulled down the sheets and him placing me in bed and pulling the sheet up around me. Before I feel a sleep for the longest most comfortable sleep of my life Mr. Wayne whispered into my ear.
“Please, just call me Bruce”
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think?