Status: Hope you enjoy comments and views are much appriciated

Alexandria Genesis

Chapter 5

Of course I was unwelcome to this idea. He was by my side at all times and he wouldn't leave me alone.

"Lovina, I beg of you, and also this is possibly my tenth time asking. Will you please do me the honor of going out to dinner with me?" "Micajah, as nice as you asked, I have teachings tonight." "Actually, no you haven't, I was speaking to your mother and she thinks it's a great idea." "Well fine, but you must ask permission of my papa."

He smiled. "Well come on darling, our reservations are at six." "But papa still has yet to give his thoughts on this dinner." "Your father loves me, of course he shall say yes."

Two hours later and I was sitting beside Micajah in his car. "You won this one Micajah." He grabbed my hand. "I'll always win, but once we're married you can win all of our little spats." He smiled and I couldn't help but smile back.

It's not that I didn't like Micajah, I, I don't know. I've never been around the opposite sex that much so this whole thing is new to me.

I felt cold fingers caress my face. "Lovina, please look at me. Tell me I'm not the only one feeling something here." My heart began to beat faster. "No, I mean. Micajah you're beautiful." Did I just speak that aloud? He smiled his beautiful smile. He kissed my forehead. "You are beautiful too." His hand enclosed around mine and it stayed there.

I couldn't lie; I liked the feeling of his hand on top of mine. It made me feel safe and secure.

"Micajah?" "Yes?" "Do, do you like me?" Since when did I become so brave? He chuckled. Oh no, was that a bad sign? But he had a smile on his face. "Of course, I like you Lovina. You're everything I've ever dreamed of." He looked into my eyes. I smiled back at him. "If you weren't such a lady I would steal a kiss, but Lovina I respect you too much." I chuckled.

Thing is I kind of, wanted a kiss from him. I just wanted to see if his lips felt as soft as they looked. I gently lay my hand on his face and pulled myself up to him. Our faces were inches away. I could hear the change in his breathing. My heart quickened and the blood rushed to my face.

"You don't have to-" He began to say. "Oh hush." Our lips touched. His mouth was ever so soft and gentle. I pulled back and his lips curled up into a smile. "I enjoyed that, a lot." I laughed. "I hope you know what this means now." "What?" I asked. "You are now forever mine and you must marry me." I lightly hit his shoulder. "You must be kidding." "Not at all, that is what that means. So you better come to terms with this now or else you'll be miserable."

I rolled my eyes. "How funny of you." "I know, I am quite the jester."

Thirty minutes later we were at the restaurant being escorted to a secluded table. I sat across from him and smiled when he rested his hand on mine.

We ate our dinner and we laughed, a lot. Micajah made my heart skip a beat too many times.

At the end of dinner Micajah looked me in the eyes and smiled. "Yes," I softly whispered.

There was a long pause.

"I love you." Was all he spoke.