Sequel: Betrayal

Deception

Goyle Looks Dashing

“Shove off, Millicent.”

Amara turned to her side as she laid lazily in her bed. She watched with little amusement as Pansy snatched a pair of shoes from Millicent’s hands.

“Those are mine!” Millicent Bulstrode snapped, reaching for her leather shoes. Parkinson took a step back and held them in front of her face as she glanced over them.

“Honestly, you can’t afford better shoes?” Parkinson sneered, before tossing them at Millicent. “Those are downright dreadful. Worn down and scuffed.”

“Oh, leave her alone.” Tracey Davis sighed as if she were talking to two misbehaving children. She straightened her skirt uniform before glancing up at her friends. “Does it really matter what her shoes look like?”

Pansy sniffled, crossing her arms over her chest. “I suppose not…”

Amara knew it bothered Pansy deeply, just by the small twitch in her eye and the frown on her face.

Tracy smiled, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. “See, all better.”

A small snort of annoyance came from Pansy as she grabbed her school bag and stomped out of the room. “Daphne, lets go!”

Millicent gave Tracey an appreciative smile as she slipped on her own shoes. In all honesty, Amara thought, Millicent would easily be able to take Parkinson down. The girl was a whole foot taller and wider.

“Come on,” Tracy said, slipping her bag onto her right shoulder. “Let’s get down there before she really throws a fit.”

Amara sighed as she watched the two girls leave the room, before sitting up to get ready herself.

“Oh, blasted!” Daphne cried, as she hopped around the room on one foot as she tired to slip her stockings on. “They left me again.”

“She called for you.” Amara told her as she pulled on her jumper.

“I know, I heard her.” Daphne mumbled as she slid her feet into her shoes now that she had her stockings on. “But I’m not going to come every time she beckons me.”

“You should try telling her that.” Amara mumbled more to herself, but Daphne had heard her.

“Yeah, right.” Daphne huffed, before standing up straight and smiling. “Are you almost ready?”

Amara raised a brow in curiosity, but nodded her head as she grabbed her school robe and bag.

The two walked towards The Great Hall together in a comfortable silence. Mainly due to the fact that Amara didn’t exactly want to talk and Daphne didn’t know exactly what to say, so silence seemed the best option.

“There’s Parkinson,” Daphne said nodding towards her small group of friends. She turned to face Amara, an inviting smile on her face. “You can eat with us, if you like.”

Amara avoided Daphne’s gaze as she scanned the Slytherin table, spotting Malfoy and his twp goons sitting near the middle of the table.

“No, not this time.” Amara said, noting that Pansy was sitting towards the end of the table, quite away from where Malfoy was. It would have made a good excuse for her to sit near him if only he was sitting closer to Parkinson. “I have something I have to do.”

Daphne frowned, then shrugged. “Next time, Hart.”

“See you later, Greengrass.” Amara said, already leaving Daphne behind as she headed towards where Malfoy was.

“Morning, boys.” Amara greeted as she sat down next to Malfoy. Goyle, who sat across from her nodded his head in greeting, while Malfoy furrowed his brow in question.

“And you are?” Malfoy asked.

Amara frowned, scolding herself for not having made a better impression on Draco. “Hart, Jane.”

“Right.” Malfoy answered, as if something clicked. “Last night. Nearly forgot.”

What Amara really wanted to do was stab Malfoy in the arm with her fork, but she remained calm. She took a sip of her drink, looking over the brim of her cup at Goyle. The little gears in her head turning, making up a new plan of attack.

She smiled, setting her drink down. If flirting with Malfoy didn’t work then she would have to go at this in a different angle. There’s nothing worse then for Malfoy to be overlooked.

“Goyle,” Amara gave the large boy a flirtatious smile. “You look dashing in the school uniform. I never thought anyone could actually look good in them.”

Goyle’s cheeks turned red as he shoved a piece of toast in his mouth. “Thanks.”

Malfoy raised a brow in disbelief. He gave her a curious look, a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips as if wanting to laugh but wasn’t quite sure if Amara was joking or not.

Amara grinned, catching Malfoy’s eye before focusing back on Goyle. “But I’m sure your girlfriend tells you that all the time.”

“I don’t have one.” Goyle replied while shaking his head. Crumbs of food falling from his mouth as he spoke.

“Really?” Amara pretended to be surprised. Her brown eyes large as she placed a hand on her chest as if in disbelief. “You, not have a girlfriend? I am completely shocked!”

Professor Snape gave her an odd look, overhearing her statement as he handed her her schedule.

“Thank you, Professor.” Amara gave him a cheeky smile. She only received a grunt of annoyance in return before he continued down the table.

Amara turned her attention back on Goyle and slid forward in her seat. She reached for his hand and held onto it tightly. The boys eyes grew large as he looked from their hands to her face then back down.

“Any girl would be lucky to have you,” Amara said, titling her head to the side and tried to look innocent. “I know I wouldn't mind being with you.”

“Okay,” Malfoy finally spoke, grabbing Amara’s wrist and pulling her hand away from Goyles. The larger boy sent Malfoy an angry glare, but Draco simply ignored it. “We get it, Goyles a catch.”

Amara grinned despite herself. She knew Malfoy wouldn’t like the lack of attention he was receiving, especially if it was all on someone like Goyle.

“So, Malfoy.” Amara pulled her hand out of Malfoy’s grasp. She tucked a strand of her behind her ear and turned to face him. “Have you gotten Potter back for last year? You know, for the whole ferret ordeal?”

Draco’s pale face turned a slight shade of pink with anger. “Of course I did.”

“Right.” Amara said, resting a hand on Draco’s shoulder. “It‘s a shame no one seems to realize how overrated Potter really is.” She spotted The Boy Who Lived sitting at the Gryffindor table with Granger and Weasley.

Draco narrowed his eyes at Potter before taking a bite of his toast.

“And anyone that fancies him is obviously blind.” Amara drew her lips together as she studied the trio of friends. "He isn’t exactly my type, that's for sure.”

“Oh?” Malfoy asked, glancing at Amara for a split second before focusing on his meal again.

“No,” Amara slid out of her seat and came to stand behind Draco. She placed both hands on his shoulders and leaned in close to his left ear. “But blonds are.”

Draco looked over at her, but by then Amara was already walking away, her class schedule in her hand.

What Amara really wanted to do was to head towards the Ravenclaw table and sit with Fran, but she knew better than to do that. She walked a thin line when it came to her plans. She needed to be accepted by another house, and what better way then to become friends with a bunch of Ravenclaw students. It also helped her stay unnoticed among her own house.

However, with Draco watching her, she knew she couldn’t go mingle. So Amara sat down next to group of seventh year girls, and pretended to be part of their conversation. The only thing Amara had going for her at that moment was that she actually knew one of them.

And knowing Ava O'Neal meant more like being acquaintances.

Ava O’Neal had helped Amara once with her class work last year. That was as far as their friendship had ever gotten.

Ava took note of Amara, giving the girl a small smile before talking to her friends. But it wasn’t long until she leaned towards Amara and gave the younger girl a curious look.

“Why is Malfoy staring at you?” She whispered glancing at Draco before looking back at Amara.

“Is he?” Amara asked, the smile on her face showing that she already knew that he was. She glanced over at Draco who was still looking at her, before turning her attention back on Ava.

“Yes. Now what does it mean?” Ava asked, raising a thin brow.

“It means I got him right where I want him.” Amara replied

“Which is where?”

Amara smirked, turning to look at Malfoy again. “Right where he’s supposed to be.” She gave Draco a flirty smile and a small wave of her fingers before looking back at Ava’s confused face.

“Now if you excuse me, I better be heading to my first lesson.” Amara said, standing up and took a step to leave but Ava’s voice stopped her.

“Aren’t you worried about Parkinson?”

Amara faced the older girl and placed her hands on her hips. “Ava, I thought you knew me better than that.”

Ava laughed, shaking her head. “I hardly know you at all.”

With a raise of her brow and a mischievous smile on her face Amara took another step away. “Exactly.”

And with a sudden turn on her heel, she left.



♠ ♠ ♠


Many thanks to the following people for commenting: rachelMISFIT, pelican park., HoneyDew, Loony.Marie, kristdel14, Temet Nosce, and Dulcis Somnium.

Thank you also to my 16 subscribers.