Status: Working on it :3

Phoenix Princess

Reunited...

There. That 'feeling' left behind after someone. I've felt it everywhere these past few days. It was a full demon, I knew that much, but I kept feeling some half-demon's presence everywhere too. There was something about both of them that made them seem similar, it was right on the edge of my mind, but I could never figure it out.

I ignored it most of the time, I've never actually met them, so they must not even be 'important' enough to cross paths with me.

Though it's tough for anyone to meet me when the only times I go outside are when I sneak away from the castle in the middle of the night.

My father can be a pain in the butt, but only because I'm his only daughter. Not only that, but his only child too.

I also think the reason he protects me is because I'm a half-demon. I hate it. I wish I wasn't. I dislike humans with all my heart.

My mom gave me my human half, then ran away with some lowly merchant only to be killed almost instantly.

I don't even know how she died, and I don't care either. It was her choice to run away from a roof, food, love, and care. It's her fault.

I'll never make the kind of mistake she did, I don't even want to meet anyone, really.

But then why do I run away every night? I'd like to say it's because sometimes I can't sleep, because I just want some air, or because I'm just curious what's out there.

My mom got killed because of curiosity. Maybe I should stop.

I'm thinking through all of this while laying with my hands held behind my head in the middle of a flower-filled meadow, my favorite spot.

I had an amazing view of the stars, especially tonight when there wasn't much of the moon left.

I sighed, tomorrow night I'll-

"Master Jaken! Look, it's a girl!" a little girl's voice called.

I sprang up from the ground and looked to the path in the trees to my right, my wings (yes wings) almost unfurled, but I kept them tucked as small as I could get them behind my back. My father had taught me the consequences of showing them off to people.

"Silly girl, she is of no worry to us, even Lord Sessho- Lord Sesshomaru! Wait for me!" I heard someone start running, but then I guess they fell and hit the ground because there was a rather loud 'thump'.

"Lord Sesshomaru!" the girl from before called.

Weird, it's the demon's presence. Lord Sesshomaru, huh?

I'll beat myself up for this later, but I start to creep through the forest after them. My human curiosity getting the better of me.

"Gr," I mumbled. A twig had decided to snag onto my red and black kimono.

I couldn't get the delicate fabric untangled from the branches, so I just tore of the strip it was connected to.

I rolled up the rest of it and held onto it, so it wouldn't get caught again.

I looked up to where they had been last, but couldn't see them.

I shook my head. I think it might be time to go back.

I turned around to start heading back to my meadow, but I ran into someone.

I couldn't see at all, so this was kind of a bad thing for me.

I tried to say, "Sorry," but who ever it was put a slimy hand over my mouth before I could say anything.

They picked me up and tossed me over his shoulder after tying my mouth with some dirty and disgusting fabric.

I tried to scream for help, but kept gagging around the fabric.

Every breath I dragged in smelled more weird than the last, and eventually I blacked out.

~|~|~

I opened my eyes. It was still dark outside.

What a weird dream...

I sat up, stretched, and felt around for my pet cat.

I couldn't find her though, my hand only met cold stone.

I stood up, so it it wasn't a dream.

The only thing I could hear was a 'drip, drip' off in the distance, echoing back to me.

I snapped my fingers, and a little flame appeared over my thumb, so I could see.

I was in a tiny cave, the ceiling only a couple inches from my head, the walls couldn't be any wider than I could reach with my hands, and I immediately felt claustrophobic. And I tucked my wings closer together behind my back.

Where the hell was I?

"Ah, so the sleeping princess finally decides to wake from her slumber," I turned toward the rough voice, but couldn't see anything, only the dark that continued on into the cave.

"Who are you?" I called out.

"Some one who has just found possibly the most beautiful wife this side of the valley," they stepped out of the shadows.

"Uhhh," I said, staring at a foot tall frog, toad, thing.

He stuck out his tongue and wrapped it around my wrist, dragging me down the cave he talked around his tongue, "Come my dear, we must make preparations for the ceremony."

I followed along reluctantly, but after walking a while I had to ask, "When am I going to be outside again? I want to be able to see the sky."

Hey, maybe if I act like some bratty girl he won't want to put up with me as his bride.

"And if you say we're going to live here in some cave, you are sorely mistaken. I need space, my shoulders are already beginning to itch from having to hold my wings in," I made sure to make my voice seem like I thought I was superior to him.

"Don't worry my dear, you will have everything you desire, the opening to the cave is just ahead," he patted the hand he still held with his slimy hand.

Wait, "Who was it who found me in the forest? He was much taller than you."

"That was me, you may not know this, but I can change my shape to fit any situation," he raised his eyebrows and let them fall a few times and grinned.

Uhhh, ew?

I looked nervously away from him, I have got to get out of here!

I looked forward again and saw, finally, just the barest hint of a light.

I waited as patiently as I could until I could be outside, but by the time we got to the cave opening I was almost dragging mister frog dude.

I skidded to a stop, almost dropping off the cliff that was almost right outside of the entrance.
The frog dude was still holding onto my wrist, so I tried to pry off his tongue and said, "Let me go! I hate being restricted."

He let go, and immediately I dropped off the cliff and tucked my wings in to get as far away as possible, as soon as possible.

I opened my wings up and caught air, just barely touching the tops of the trees before pulling up.

I haven't flown in so long! I laughed, feeling elated. I stretched my wings out, and finally felt relaxed the first time in months.

I sighed. This is truly awesome.

It was still night time too, so everything was still dark and cool.

After a few minutes of blissful flight, I saw the meadow I had been in before I had been kidnapped. Did I really want to go back? I had my chance now, but should I take it?

I stopped flying, tucked my wings in a bit and fell softly to the ground.

I'm sure father wouldn't miss me too much if I were to take a couple day break, he would understand wouldn't he?

I ran my fingers through my red hair, I could still feel that demon Lord's presence, maybe I could find him and see what he was doing on my father's land.

Yeah! It would save the trouble of doing it from my father, it'd be like my duty to our land to do this!

I turned toward the path, and took off, following the demon's presence from the air.

Depending on how long I was with the creeper frog dude, it shouldn't take long to catch up to him.

"SIT!" I here someone's voice echo off the nearby mountains.

Whoa, drama? I should go see what it is, I mean it's not like I'm going to lose the trail anyway, like I'm even supposed to be following it in the first place.

I turn towards where I heard the command come from.

I slow down when I get nearby and spot a small group of people.

Wait, the half demon! He's here!

I land on a tree close enough to listen in.

"Gr, I can not believe you!" a girl yells, I bet she's the one who had screamed 'sit' earlier.

"Kagome! Will you just stop! It's not like I wanted to okay!" the half demon argued back.

"Oh, so you didn't want to sneak out with her! I didn't see her come in and force you out!"

"We didn't do any-"

"SIT!" she screamed again and I heard a very loud sound, like someone got slammed into the ground.

"I have put up with Kikyo, some one you knew before me, I understood that! But some girl you meet at a random village when I am right there! I will NOT put up with that!" I looked around to the other side of the tree I was sitting on to see, the half demon had started to pull himself up by then, but then 'Kagome' yelled "SIT!" again slamming him back into the ground.

Dude, I wanna be able to do that!

I jumped out of the tree and landed in front of her.

I looked down. Yep, right on the dog boy.

I smiled and looked up at the girl, "How can you do that? You don't seem like a demon or a half demon, so how can you?"

"Get off of me!" the dog yelled, pushing me off.

I rolled my eyes, "You know what? You need to calm down okay? From what I heard you deserve to stepped on!"

"Shut up," he said, sitting up.

"Make me, I should go back and get father to come after you, that would be a show," I laughed.

"Will you be quiet!" he stood up and raised his hand like he was going to hit me on the head.

He stopped in mid-air though, eyes wide.

He pulled back, "Sano?"

"What?" I rose an eyebrow.

"What are you doing out here, thought you were going to be locked up there forever," he laughed.

I pulled my eyebrows together in confusion, how did he-?

"Oh!" I smiled, "Inuyasha, nice to see you again!" I stepped forward and gave him a quick hug.

"Nice to see you too, now how'd you get out? You do realize you're going to get in trouble if you get caught," he grinned.

I rolled my eyes, "I know, human qualities won out I guess, it's been a lot of fun though! I actually flew for the first time since my father even taught me!" I laughed, "It was spectacular!"

"Well good to see you've got your wings back."

I turned to Kagome and the other people there, suddenly realizing I wasn't alone with Inuyasha.

"Sorry, we knew each other when we were kids." I looked over at Inuyasha, "Remember that one time when you helped me pull that trick on the guard watch?"

He laughed, "It was all my idea and you know it!"

"Yeah maybe it was... In your dreams!" I tackled him and sat on his back.
he sighed, "Really?"

"Yep," I laughed, patting his hair.

"So Inuyasha, who is this exactly?" someone in a black and purple kimono stepped forward, "I would love to know who this beauty is," he got down infront of my and grabbed both of my hands, "Would you mind bearing my children?" he asked.

Inuyasha laughed and I said, "Uh, no thanks," but a girl in a pink and dark pink kimono had already stepped forward and hit the man on the head with a giant boomerang.

"Sango, she wouldn't of said yes you know, she's never even given a guy a second glance," Inuyasha laughed.

"Yes, I heard her deny, but Miroku still offered it," Sango said calmly.

I held my hand out to Sango, "Nice to meet you, you look a little familiar though, do I know you?"

She shook hands with me and said, "I don't know, what does your father look like?"

I got up off of Inuyasha and said, "Red hair, really tall, though if you met him he probably didn't even show him self."

I felt something on my wings and looked over my shoulder to see a small fox demon rubbing his hands on the feathers.

"Can you please get off?" I asked.

"Oh, sorry," he hopped off, "But why do you even have wings?"

"Because my father got lucky and is a descendant of a phoenix demon. He soiled the bloodline though because the one he was supposed to be with, the last female phoenix demon, passed away while my father was with my mother."

"She's a half demon like me Shippo," Inuyasha leaned an elbow on my shoulder, "She even goes human the same night," he laughed.

"Oh, ha ha, make fun of the fire bird girl, very funny," I rolled my eyes, "If you haven't realized yet it is tomorrow."

"I know, we're trying to make it back to the village before then," He looked down.

"Can I stay with you for a couple days?" I asked looking at everyone, "I won't be with you long, I actually have my own personal mission I still need to work on," I laughed nervously, scratching the back of my head.

"Oh and what's that? You gonna find another poor guy's heart to demolish?" Inuyasha laughed, pushing my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Come on if we're going to get to the village anytime soon, we should probably get moving."

We all started walking along the path.

I few minutes of walking and I tapped Kagome, who was was walking ahead of me, on the shoulder.

"So what are you doing here with Inuyasha? Last I heard he hated humans."

"I'm helping him find the shards of the jewel," she said.

"I did hear something about that, so what is the story? The only reason I know is cause the servants are super gossips."

"I kinda shattered it when I was trying to get it back," she said.

I shook my head, "So Inuyasha? What'd you do when I stopped seeing you through the palace walls? I hope you know, being the kid I was, I still showed up every now and then, waiting for you. And don't blame me, I was a lonely kid who was desperate."

"Well, my mom actually kept me from going for a while, and I lost my way when I finally got the chance to go. Sorry," he shrugged.

"You always were the most forgetful eleven year old," I shook my head and grinned.

"Yeah, and you were always the most clumsy, you know for a technical princess, you didn't have much grace," he laughed and reached forward and messed up my hair.

I just shook my head at him and smoothed out my hair.

Ten minutes later, Shippo yawned, then Kagome, then after a couple more minutes even I gave in and yawned.

I rubbed my eyes, "How much longer until we get to the village?"

"Actually quite a while," Miroku said.

"Yeah it is," Sango agreed, "maybe we should stop soon to rest."

"Fine," Inuyasha said, "Why don't we just stop right here?"

"Yes!" a sat down almost immediately. "Can I take a nap? Last time I slept was like a day ago," I ask Inuyasha who was sitting across the path from me.

"Fine, go ahead," he says leaning his head against the trunk of the tree, looking up through the branches.

"Thank you," I say before laying on my side and wrapping my wings around my sides to keep warm.

I fall asleep before almost anyone else has the chance to sit down.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I shouldn't really be starting anything new right now, but I wanted to and it seemed like a great idea! I got the whole story line from a picture I started drawing, it wasn't specifically of Sano because I hadn't even created her yet, but it is what I imagine she would look like in the story. :P