Status: Working on it :3

Phoenix Princess

It's Hard to Soar With Your Wings Clipped

I woke up, first thing I noticed was that it was light outside, second that there was a dark shadow hovering over me, covering part of the sky.

I freaked out, I did not want to be kidnapped again!

I flung my fist out and punched who ever was over me in the face.

I sat up and moved quickly away from them before they could attack back.

Inuyasha was sitting there holding his jaw and glaring at me.

"Did I just punch you?" I asked while yawning.

"Yes! I was just trying to get you up! We have like six hours until sunset, so I thought it'd be time to get moving."

I crawled over and wrapped my arms around his waist, looking up at him with puppy dog eyes, "Sorrweh, I didn't mean to," I said with a childish tone.

"It's fine," he patted me on the head then stood up, "Now come on like I said it's time to get moving," he walked off to join up with everyone else.

I stand up and walk behind the rest of them on the path, pulling my wings forward to pick out any twigs or leaves caught in the feathers.

I had to be careful though because if I was being honest, my wings were probably either the most sensitive or at least second sensitive, and with every pass of my hand to get the delicate feathers untangled I had to bite my lip and blush in embarrassment.

Once my wings had been thoroughly cleaned out and the heat had left my cheeks, stepped forward to walk by Inuyasha.

I looked over at him, "Can I ask you something?"

"Hm," he mumbles.

I roll my eyes and ask, "Do you know someone called 'Lord Sesshomaru'?"

Inuyasha growls, glares ahead of him and mumbles, "I know him," he looks away from me.

"Who is he?"

"My brother."

I pulled my eyebrows together and asked, "But isn't he a full demon? So what did you have different moms or something?"

"Yeah," he said looking down.

I stop asking him questions and started thinking in my own world after filing the brother thing into my head.

Something I loved to do was think and make up my own worlds, make up situations, and stuff like that.

I had just finished one a while ago, so I start to put together the guy in the story.

He had black hair, blue eyes, and was the most amazing runner ever.

The girl had black hair too, and gentle brown eyes. She lived by herself in a village, she was shy and barely spoke a word, until she saw the man while she was walking through the woods one night.

He had been running while the girl had spaced out, her head in the clouds, and had run into her, knocking her over.

"Are you okay?" he asked, holding her hand after he had helped her up.

She nodded pulling her hand away.

"What are you doing out here?"

She shrugged.

"Do you know how to talk? Why don't you say anything?"

"I don't know," she whispered, then ran away, trying to get out of the conversation with the random stranger.

Something then touched my shoulder, making me jump like ten feet in the air.... Literally.
I looked down at Inuyasha while my wings kept me aloft.

He was laughing his butt off of course.

"Don't you dare laugh at me! I was zoned, you're not supposed to touch my when I'm zoned!"

"I'm sorry, but your reaction was so hilarious!" he kept laughing.

My eyes started stinging and I crossed my arms, moving ahead to fly ahead of the group.

I hated being laughed at, for anything.

"Come on Sano, don't be mad! I'm sorry!" he called up to me.

That made me stop, Inuyasha rarely apologized.

I landed in front of him, keeping my face hidden by wings and only peeking out a little.

"You sure you're sorry for laughing?" I asked quietly.

"Yes, I'm sorry now come out, please? It's already noon and we need to get to the village."

I came out from behind my wings and rushed to Inuyasha, buried my face into the fabric on his chest, and wrapped my arms around his waist.

I sniffled, "Sorry for getting mad at you," I wiped my eyes with the soft fabric of my sleeve and let go.

I grinned at him, getting a grin back, before I turned around and started walking again.

"Hey, Sano?" Sango asked.

"Hm?" I looked up at her.

"Can I talk to you?" she asked, motioning with her head for me to come up next to her.

I walked forward and said, "What?"

"Did you ever have a thing with Inuyasha? You two seem close," she half giggled, bumping her hip into me.

I looked away to hide the red I could feel creeping up on my neck.

"I knew it!" she threw an arm around me.

I pushed it off shaking my head, "We never had a thing," I explained, "He's just a friend."

She gave me an 'Oh-come-on' look.

"Okay, fine!" I gave in, "Sure his ears are cute, but we really have only ever been friends. I don't want anything else, never have, never will."

Sango rolled her eyes, but didn't say anything for a long time.

~|~|~

When the sun was close to setting, the sky just barely turning a purplish red color, I looked back at Inuyasha and asked, "How much further?"

"Not much, if we're lucky we might make it to the outside of the village before nightfall."

I shook my head and started feeling jittery, I wanted to get inside somewhere before nightfall.

Soon the sun was only a small third of a circle sitting above the ground, and the sky was painted a red and pink color with a strip of purple on the opposite side of the sun.

I wanted to start running, but instead looked back at Inuyasha again and asked, "You're sure it's just up ahead?" worriedly.

"Calm down, okay, no one's going to pop up this close to the village."

"I beg to differ," a voice said.

I turned back around and saw frog dude.

My eyes opened wide and I stepped back.

"Now, if you'll give me what is rightfully mine," he said jumping forward, growing to enormous proportions before scooping me up as I felt my wings retract into my back, and my hair turn black.

The sun had set, and both Inuyasha and I were defenseless.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is shorter than the last one, but I like it and I know what I'm doing for the next chapter, so... *shrugs*
Also thank you anyone who reads this, and a HUGE thank you to my one subscriber if I could give you a cookie I would!
Now you don't have to if you don't want to, but please comment?