Status: I'll update more chapters if you comment... ;)

My Arranged Marriage to John O'Callaghan

Chapter Twenty- Two

What are we?

“John…” Emily sobbed and all but jumped into John’s inviting arms, he willingly held her close while rubbing her back soothingly and kissing her forehead, murmuring that she was safe now. After having drained almost all the water in her body, she moved away and gasped at the bruises on her arms.
“Emily…?”
“He wasn’t allowed to do this the restraining order said he couldn’t be near me it said-” Her voice broke her babbling as she sobbed again.
“Restraining Order?” John asked in a very serious voice. Emily kept her head down, she wouldn’t look at him but John’s finger went under her chin lifting her face up. His eyes were an intense green,
“Emily what exactly did Blake do to you that you had to get a restraining order against him?” The way he said the name Blake held such loathing that Emily flinched.
“I-I h-he…” She stuttered, she had not spoken about it to anyone but her family and Talia.
“You can trust me Emily but please I need to know” John said softly while caressing her face, she looked into his eyes wondering if she could truly trust him.
“What exactly do you want to know?” She whispered,
“Everything Emily” He said and she took a shuddering breath,
“Blake and I started dating when I was in my senior year and he was very lovely and loving, caring and all that… I was very happy with him, until…” She trailed off,
“Until?” He inquired.
“My friend Adam had gotten concert tickets to one of my favourite bands and I told him I was going, Blake was with me when I agreed and he appeared all happy for me. Then after when we were alone he yelled at me for not asking him permission which I told him I didn’t need.” She looked down and John grabbed her hand,
“That was the first night that he hit me” Emily gulped and John immediately tensed,
“What!?” He said hotly.
“It was only a slap at first, then it was a punch, the he would punch and kick me in the ribs after a broken arm, I decided this had to end that night…” She had a dazed look on her face as she started explaining;

Flashback:

“Blake I don’t think we should see each other anymore…” Emily’s voice quivered, her new black eye was stinging and her split lip had just started to heal.
“Why?” Blake answered in a cold voice that sent shivers down her spine.
“Because I can’t do this anymore, you keep hurting me” Emily sobbed and Blake came near her and wrapped his arms around her but she flinched.
“Emily I’m never letting you go!” he said forcefully,
“You’ll have to” She said strongly displaying more courage than she had, she turned around to leave but big strong hand grabbed her wrist and painfully yanked her back to him.
“What did you say to me?” Blake said his eyes blazing,
“I said You’ll have to” She said fiercely next thing she knew she was on the floor receiving such a bad beating that she had blacked out, when Emily had woken up she had stumbled to her house and her mother rushed her to the hospital.
End of Flashback.
“Oh Emily…” John wiped the tears from her cheeks, he couldn’t believe it; how could a man hit a woman? Especially such a tender and sweet one like Emily.
“I’m so sorry John, for today…” Emily whispered shaking her head,
“Emily don’t you dare apologize, you haven’t done anything wrong!” He cupped her face making her look straight into his eyes.
“But all this trouble is because of me…” a few more tears slipped from her eyes.
“No all this trouble is because of that moron” John growled while referring to Blake, John mentally thought that if he ever saw Blake again heaven help him, he would beat him senseless.
“Thank you John for having saved me, who knows what might’ve happened…” Emily whispered.
“I would never have let anything happen to you Emily” John said softly making her heart somersault.
“Thank you” She sniffed, butterflies erupted in her stomach when he smiled.
“Hey what are friends for” He said and her heart immediately sunk, friends? She smiled weakly.
“By the way,” he said with a smile, “We did a really good acting tonight, we really did look like an engaged couple in love” John laughed as though it was the most hilarious thing in the world, Emily forced herself to chuckle feigning amusement. Her heart felt like it was about to crack, it was all an act she thought solemnly and we are just friends… Moisture filled her eyes again which irritated her, John caught on.
“What’s wrong Emily?” He said his hand on her arm, she instinctively shook it off, and a shocked expression adorned his face.
“I’m just tired…I-I’m going to bed, Goodnight John” Emily said sadly and turned away from him.

Sleep time:

John lay down on the bed next to Emily looking at her sleeping form; he knew he cared for Emily. Maybe just like a friend or something, he was outraged when Blake dared to harm Emily. Who could in their right mind harm such a girl? John knew he didn’t love her or even think of her as a girlfriend but why did he get so jealous? Why did he feel uncomfortable when she spends time with Austin? But one thing John was sure he wasn’t fully over Carrie because he had felt his heart jump slightly when he saw her tonight but when he had seen Emily he had been breathless, all john knew was that he was very confused.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hiii!! poor Emily!! it was all an ACT =O!!??

thank you beautiful people!:

babygurl94512
blglover4
littlelion;
Awesome Asian Girl
xxJilliann
Caityxo
SexPanda
cityrockerfashion6
rainy_day_girl
Rebel_lover

I love you for the encouragement!!

Befriend? Subscribe? Comment?

<3 Emmeline XX