Sequel: Therapy
Status: prequel!!!

Forget About It

hello gorgeous

Tonight we lie awake, remember how the coffee made us shake on those long drives? One more long night. My phone started ringing and vibrating uncontrollably causing me to search under my pillow for the goddamn thing.

“Hello?” I answered sleepily.

“Oh shit, did I just wake you up?” Simon’s voice asked with a sarcastic tone of sadness.

“Yes,” I giggled and tried to be angry, “Now what do you want?”

“I need you to come to our show tonight.”

“What time will you pick me up?”

“Fifteen minutes?”

“Fuck you,” I groaned and rolled out of bed, “what time is it?”

“Ten.”

“What? Where are you playing?”

“Cologne.”

“Why so early?”

“Cause there are five bands playing tonight and they have three pre-bands before us.”

“Oh. Fine, give me twenty.”

“Yeah, hurry!”

I opened my shutters and wiped my eyes. Simon was a good friend of mine and he and his best friend Alex have a band and on occasions he’d tag me along as their merch bitch. To be honest, it was quite awesome, you get to do shopping, meet new bands and get free food and free live performances.

I grabbed my dark wash skinny jeans, my white indie shirt, new underwear and hopped into the bathroom. I quickly showered, got dressed, braided my hair and applied my make-up. Then my phone vibrated.

Alex: Yay! You’re merching!? It’ll be a day filled with pointless apps! Xo Alex

I smiled, and then grabbed my purse to pack it with my make up bag, wallet, a t-shirt to change into, my iPad, as well as my jewlery that I’d put on in the car. I snapped my cobra hoodie from my bed and the black flats and skipped downstairs. Simon pulled up to my house and I headed out to meet up with him.

“Just showered?” He teased as I got in.

“You,” I raised my eyebrows, “should have told me that I should tag along yesterday so I could have been prepared.”

“We’re playing the Blue Shell tonight with some awesome bands, I thought you should come along, you’ll enjoy it. Promise.”

“You know I would never say no.”

“That I do know.”

It was an hour and a half ride until we arrived in the familiar downtown. Simon dropped me off right in the city so I could go shopping for a bit. It was only 11:30 in the morning, which meant another ten and a half hours until it was actually their time to go on stage. Crazy right? But that was all part of their life, dragging around until it was show time is part of what they do.

In Cologne, Simon kicked me out of the car in the middle of the city so I could go shopping. I shopped for three hours until I couldn’t carry anymore and headed towards the Blue Shell per train. By then I was more awake and I was excited to see Alex and to watch some new bands that night.

“Kasey!” Alex cheered as I approached the bar.

“Hey baby,” I smiled and hugged him.

“How are you?”

“Great, can you unlock the car?”

He nodded and I stored everything away and returned with my iPhone, my cigarettes and some money only.

“Have you guys started sound check yet?” I asked as Simon came to stand with Alex and I while we had a smoke.

“No,” Simon sighed.

“We were supposed to be on ten minutes ago, but this band didn’t show until just now so they have to go first – then us.”

“Fun,” I smiled sarcastically.

That’s about when I noticed the people standing in line across the street.

“Who’s playing the Luxor tonight?”

Simon and Alex both shrugged and I made a mental note to figure it out somehow after sound check.

------

It took another hour and a half until the two of them could finally get ready and do soundcheck. Now I was chilling on the floor in front of the stage, waiting for Alex and Simon to finish. Today, though, it just seemed hopeless.

“I’m coming out of my cage, and I’ve been doing just fine. Gotta gotta be down because I want it all, it started out with a kiss, how did it end up like this? It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss. Now I’m falling asleep –“ Alex’s voice cracked and then the sound was gone.

“This is not working, we need another sound cable.” Ian, the local tech guy groaned and went walking around searching for one. “Hey – Kase?”

I looked at the double doors that were the magic doors to the backstage area, “Yes?”

“Could you go ask Mark for sound cables?”

“How many?”

“Three please, I have no idea where they always freaking vanishe to!”

“Yes, I will.”

Blue Shell was almost a third home; Düsseldorf being the first, Lippstadt the second and then Cologne. Alex and Simon played the Blue Shell on a regular basis, so Ian became a close friend. And Mark was the owner of the Luxor, the concert venue across the street. I grabbed my hoodie and made my way across the street, only to remember all the people standing in front of the venue for the unknown concert.

I sneaked past the kids and then into the all too familiar black door.

“Mark?” I yelled through the mess of equipment standing around, who was playing this venue tonight?

“Can I help you?” Someone unfamiliar startled me from behind.

“Uhm, hi” I smiled, looking at the tall boy who wasn’t much older than myself, “I’m looking for Mark, the owner.”

“He’s at the front bar.” The guy smiled and pointed behind me.

“Oh, thanks.”

I meant to turn around and walk to the bar, but I stupidly bumped into someone and send us flying to the ground.

“Shit motherfucker,” I shouted, “God, I’m so terribly sorry.”

The boy began laughing hysterically.

“It’s ohkay, are you alright?”

I nodded and starred at the most gorgeous person. Ever.