Status: done :)

This is the Calm Before the Storm

Seventeen

It had been about a week since the party and I hadn’t called josh back yet. I don’t know what was stopping me; I guess I was still feeling a little sorry for Stella

I was walking home from college on Friday when josh decided to ring me. My heart began to pound. A pressed the call button and brought the phone to my ear with a shaky hand.

“Hello?”

“Oh so your alive then. Why haven’t you called me?”

“Sorry ive been a little busy” I lied smoothly and I heard him sigh on the other end of the line.

“Well I was wondering if you want to meet up tomorrow. You know, we could talk things over” he said almost shyly.

“Yeah sure” I replied, trying to sound confident when inside I was crumbling.

“Ok, well everyone’s out tomorrow, you fancy coming to mine?”

“Um…” its not that I didn’t want to be alone with josh, god knows I did, but what if something went wrong? “I didn’t mean to be a pain, but could we possibly go somewhere else? Like I don’t know, maybe the starbucks downtown?”

“I guess so” he mused and then it sounded like he wanted to say something else but and just sighed. “So about 11ish yeah?”

“Yeah that sounds good. I’ll um, I’ll see you then”

“Awesome, later el”

“Bye josh” I replied, and with this I ended the call.

The next day came around quickly and soon enough I was making my way to starbucks for what should be the big “reunion” with josh. I was there a little early so I ordered a coffee for myself and say outside. It was a nice day. Sunny, but the air was crisp. I didn’t mind though, I liked being outside.

I was halfway through my coffee when I saw him coming. My heart began to race as I took in all his features and all his little quirks. Like the way his hips wiggled when he walked, and the way his hair flapped in the wind.

When he was nearer I stood up and he pulled me into one of his bear hugs and almost lifted me off the floor. I squealed lightly and he put me down chuckling before quickly nipping inside and grabbing a coffee.

“So, long time no see” he smiled at me as he sat down. “Why has it been so long el?”

“I don’t know, I guess I just wanted things to settle down. There’s not just you and me in this”

“What do you mean?”

“Stella? She’s still pretty broken up josh”

“Since when did you care about her?”

“Im not heartless josh. Plus, if I was her I would like to think I had someone there for me. Your first heartbreak is always the worst. I should know”

Josh looked guilty at this and then reached for my hand.

“Well that’s why im here el, im here to make things right.” He said quietly and squeezed the hand he was holding before entwining our fingers. “I love you el, and I know ive been the biggest dick in the world recently, but I do love you”

“I love too josh”

“Heaven knows why” he mumbled under his breath and I couldn’t help the laugh that escaped my lips.

“Maybe us taking a break was good for us”

“What do you mean?”

“Well you know there’s that saying, maybe we needed to fall apart to realise how much we needed to fall back together”

“So like, we needed to be apart to realise how much we need each other”

“Exactly”

“Well its definitely true, cause now I know how much you mean to me el. I just wish I’d done it differently you know? Like make it not hurt so much”

“Well everything happens for a reason”

“That’s a pile of bull el and you know it. It’s just an excuse for me acting like a prize twat. If someone had hurt me as much as I hurt you I wouldn’t have even given them a second look”

“Well im a Pisces. We’re forgiving by nature” I joked and I heard him chuckle lightly.

“So you forgive me then?” he asked, his eyes hopeful.

“Yeah, I do”

“Thank you, even though I think your mental”

Josh then close the small gap of the table and pressed his lips to mine. When he pulled back I couldn’t help the massive smile that managed to take over my face.

“Lets just agree on something yeah?” I asked and he nodded his head. “If one of us has a problem with the other, lets just talk it through yeah. I don’t think I could handle all this again”

“I know, im really sorry el, I promise I’ll never do it again”

“I know, I believe you”

“So we ok?” he asked and I nodded my head. “Perfect” he smiled and then kissed me again. “You fancy coming back to mine?”

“I’d love too” I replied and we left.

As we walked back I wondered why I’d been so apprehensive about meeting him today. But I had my josh back and that’s all that mattered. As long as I was with him I knew we could face whatever was in our way.
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit :)

thank you too:
RIOT_97 &&
TheHider

for comments <3

ok so its over, um yeah thank you to anyone who has ever read this, or commented, and also a massive thank you to all my subscribers, you lot are amazing :)

so since this is the last chapter i want comments telling me what you think of the whole story. i know it's pretty shit but still tell me what you think :)

love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu <3