Status: done :)

This is the Calm Before the Storm

Nine

I’ve been a royal prat and im sorry.
I realise now I have some things I need to sort out.
I promise to leave you alone if that’s what you really want.
Josh x


I stared at the text in disbelief. Was he really going to leave me alone now? I can’t believe I was finally getting what I wanted. He was finally going to leave me alone.

So why now did I feel so empty?

It had been a few hours since josh left and I hadn’t moved from since he left. Questions were now rolling around in my head and I desperately needed them answered.

I couldn’t talk to josh, but I needed someone who knew him well enough to answer them. I scrolled through my contact list looking for the next best thing, but no one seemed good enough.

I wondered if Elissa might be able to help me, but her and josh were so close that no doubt she would spill to him. Thinking it was a lost cause I put my phone down, when it suddenly vibrated.

I picked it up again to find a text from one josh’s friends, dan. Dan and I had been close, in fact I had been close with all of josh’s band mates but ever since josh and I split up I haven’t really heard from them which was a shame.

Hey el, sorry I haven’t spoken to you in a while.
Things have been crazy but I just want you to know im still here for you.
Just let me know if you ever need someone to talk too.
Dan x


I smiled as I read over it, and then figured that maybe dan could help me. I mean him and josh were close right? And hopefully he wouldn’t blab.

Thanks dan that means a lot to me.
I was just wondering if you wanted a catch up.
No worries if you can’t
Elodia x


As soon as I pressed the send button I had mixed feelings as to whether I had done the right thing. I mean I know dan had said he was still here for me but I guess he would pick josh over me if it ever came to it. I mean he was his friend first. Bro’s before hoe’s and all that.

The familiar buzz of my phone snapped me out of my thoughts.

That sounds great.
How’s this Saturday?
x


My worry melted away as soon as I looked at the text. I knew I could trust dan.

Sound’s perfect.
See you then
X


*****

I was meeting dan at the starbucks down town, and because dan was little miss perfect, he was already there before me, even though I was early myself.

Dan was a very good looking guy. He had lighter eyes then joshes and a jaw line any male model would kill to have. I always thought he was good looking, but I only appreciated it now that josh was out of the picture. He waved me over and gave a quick hug before handing me a coffee. I thanked him politely before taking a sip.

“So, I know you said you wanted a catch up, but something tells me that’s not why you’re here” I looked up at him and she was smiling at me knowingly.

“Busted” I breathed “I guess you know me too well”

“That I do” he smiled. “Now this is just a shot in the dark, but im guessing you wanna talk about josh?”

“Wow it’s like your psychic”

“Aha, its one of my many talents. So what do you wanna know?”

“It’s just in front of me he acts like nothings happened, like we’re best friends and nothing changed. I was just wondering what he’s like around everyone else”

Dan seemed to chew on this a bit before he answered.

“Well he’s quieter, like he’s always deep in thought or something. But you know josh, he’s a guy. Even if there was smoothing up he wouldn’t say anything.”

“What about when he’s around Stella?” I asked even though I felt bad about it. Dan smiled sadly and let out a small breath.

“Im not just saying this cause of you, but I really don’t like her, and I don’t like what’s she’s doing to him. The only reason she wants to be with him is because she’s a band whore and is trying to see who she can latch onto next. I really don’t see it lasting long”

“But is he happy with her?”

“He claims to be, but I just don’t see it myself. Like sure they may look happy around each other and in front of other people. But on their own, it’s like their two different people. They don’t talk; they just watch TV to pass the time. It’s like he has nothing to say to her. There’s no spark or compatibility”

“Then why is he with her?”

“Cause the great josh cant be single, I don’t know its like he’s got some fear of being alone. You two were perfect for each other. I don’t get why he threw it away”

“Im afraid I cant help you with that one” I smiled sadly and took a sip of my coffee.

“Do you still love him?” he asked quietly. Almost in fear.

“Honestly? Yeah I do still love him. In a weird way it’s like I finally understand how my parents feel. I remember how I never used to get how you could love someone but not like them at the same time. I guess I get that now”

“Would you ever get back with him?”

“I don’t think so, not after everything he’s put me through these past few weeks. I mean he breaks up with me but then still has the nerve to flirt with me and try to kiss me? I mean what’s up with that?”

“Wait what?” dan was suddenly staring at me with hard eyes, “he tried to kiss you?” I just nodded and I could see him clenching his fists. “I’m gonna kill him”

“You know you’re the third person to tell me that” I giggled, trying to make the situation lighter. It didn’t work though, dan looked even angrier with every passing second. “look, I finally got through to him and he told me he’s gonna leave me alone yeah? Don’t do anything stupid dan”

“I wont” he huffed and the anger seemed to flood out of him. “I just don’t get him sometimes”

“Join the club” I smiled and he smiled back.

Dan then got a call from max saying they had an emergency band practice so he dashed off. I sat and finished my coffee, taking in what dan had told me, but not feeling better about anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit :)

thank you too:
dzsinidzsoni
BarakatsBanana
sinnerssleep
saveredheads
TheHider
Dear Insanity
BUSTANUT
anna is shameless &&
Chemical.Kid.

you guys are being amazing with comments lately :) thank you and keep it up aha x

i am ill. i havent been to college in like 3 days cause my immune system is failing me so i think you should leave comments on this to make me feel better :)

i dont really like this chapter, im just sort of pointlessly filling at the moment but oh well :)

so yeah comments thank youuuuuu and thank you to everyone who subscribes and reads too, you guys are lovely as well :) xxx