Say It One More Time

Same Old Song and Dance

“Hey look, it’s that freak” I heard someone whisper.
“Oi! Lorena!” the voice got louder, but I just ignored it, “where’d you cut yourself this time Lorena?” They all laughed at this. I kept my head down and carried on walking.
Despite what everyone says, I’ve never actually cut myself, sure I have scars on my arms, but they definitely weren’t self-inflicted.
“Oi! Don’t ignore me bitch!” I heard from behind me. Here we go again. I’ve tried arguing back, but it makes it worse, I’ve tried hitting them, but, well, I can’t fight for toffee…
It turns out that ignoring them is just as bad, as I found out when I felt a pair of hands connect with my back, pushing me and making me fall to the ground.
I let out a groan of pain as what seemed like the whole corridor around me laughed.
I pulled myself up, ignoring everyone’s comments and headed towards the school gates, thank God it’s the end of the day.

Once out of sight of the school, I pulled out my MP3 player, sticking the little buds into my ears, letting the loud music drown out my thoughts and memories of the day.
I sighed as I reached the alleyway leading to my street, noticing rain clouds gathering in the sky above me.
What I didn’t notice however, was a group of girls from school, stood just ahead of me.
Before I could even contemplate running, I had been tackled to the rough ground making and OOOFTT sound as I went.
“You’re such a fuckin’ freak!” the ringleader, also known as Sara Campbell, screeched in my face whilst tugging at my hair.
“Yeah! Dirty emo freak!” her followers echoed. I tried to push her off, but she was much stronger than me, and just laughed at my efforts, before smashing my head into the ground.

It was at that point that I heard a male voice shouting, and felt the weight lift off me. The girls ran off and I looked to see who my saviour was.
I was stunned. He had longish dark hair that hung over his right eye, and from what I could see, his eyes were a striking icy blue.
“Hey, are you ok? Is there anything I can do for you?” He smiled at me whilst offering his hand to help me up.
“I- I- think I’m… Ok… Thanks” I stammered in response “Umm… Look… I- I- have to go…” I saw an odd look in his eyes as I spoke, it looked slightly like disappointment, but who am I kidding? I brushed myself off and made my way down the alleyway.
“Maybe I’ll see you around soon?” I thought I heard from behind me, but I couldn’t be too sure with the pounding I heard in my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so this is my first story... I know where I want to go with, and I'm planning on making it a long one, so bear with me. Constructive criticism is welcome along with ideas you might have :) Updates may be slow as I have loads of college work, but I'm doing this as a break from it, hopefully to keep me sane :)