Say It One More Time

Yes

“Science sucks!” I groaned as the bell finally sounded, signalling the end of that tortuous lesson.
Frank chuckled quietly as Mikey agreed with me.
“Well I’ll see you guys later then,” Mikey announced as we reached the corridor where he leaves us. I still find it strange how me and Frank share all the same lessons; I guess that’s why they chose him to ‘buddy’ me.

“So… Did you have fun last night then?” Frank asked me.
“Definitely, I’m so glad I moved here!” I grinned, realising that I was finally happy.
I looked up at Frank, I know he’s small, but I’m even smaller. He was smiling his cute little smile, obviously pleased with my answer.

“Hmm… Do you like thrillers..?” was his next question.
“Well… I don’t like gore… But psychological ones, yeah, why?” I answered him, I honestly don’t do bloody films…
“Well I heard there’s a new one showing at the cinema this weekend, wanna go?” he looked at me innocently, but I couldn’t help but panic a bit. I guess he noticed this as he placed his hand on my shoulder gently.
“I’m sorry, I understand if you don’t want to… I shouldn’t have asked…” he began, “Just… Think about it; let me know in a couple of days if you want…” with that, he quickly sped up, leaving me behind, stood in shock.

I took a deep breath, I wanted to say yes, I really did, but he caught me off guard.
I quickly walked to my next class, and by the time I was there, I had recomposed myself.

I looked over to my usual seat, and noticed that Frank wasn’t there… Considering the speed he walked off at, he should be… I guess he needed a few minutes…

I made my way over to my seat, and took the one closest to the window, letting my mind wander.
Within minutes, the teacher arrived and began calling the register.

“Graham, Rebecca?”
“Here…”
“Holmes, Damian?”
“Here…”
“Iero, Frank?”
He looked over in my direction, looking for Frank.
“Oh, he had to just go to the nurse about something…” I quickly covered for him. Something about this guys face told me that he really didn’t believe me, but he continued on without saying anything.

I wanted to text him, but I figured that if he ran off, it was because he needed some time, so I resisted.
Annoyingly, the lesson seemed to drag on for much longer than usual. I began staring out of the window again. As I was watching the nothingness of the school grounds, I noticed movement.
Over by one of the trees, I saw two people stood talking. As I focused harder, I realised who it was. Frank and Gee. It looked like they were talking about something important… Maybe Gee knew that Frank was going to ask me to the cinema… Frank didn’t look happy… This was confirmed when I saw him punch the tree that they were stood under.
Gee had to hold him back from hitting it again…

Thankfully, the bell soon rang, telling me that it was lunch. I needed to go and talk to Frank… I ran out of the class and out of the closest door, finding Frank and Gee now sat down under the tree.

“Hey guys,” I said nervously as I approached.
“Hey Rennie!” Gee smiled, trying to act normally.
“Umm… Frank..?” I tried to get his attention, “Frankie? Can I talk to you a minute?” he looked up at me and then stood up, walking a few paces away from Gee.
I followed him, taking a deep breath.
“I’m sorry” he said before I could say anything.
“What are you sorry for? You’ve not done anything.”
“I shouldn’t have said anything, I was stupid, I was being selfish.”
“No you weren’t… I wish you hadn’t run off though… I was just about to tell you that I’d think about it tonight, but I looked up and you’d gone…”
“Really?” he looked stunned.
“Really. I even covered for you in class, said you had to go to the nurse…” I looked him in the eye and smiled.
“So… You’ll think about it? I didn’t upset you?” Frank looked so upset and worried, I hated it.
“I will, and no, of course you didn’t!” I laughed at him, making a smile tug at his lips, “Although, I didn’t like it when you punched that poor tree…” I added.
“Fuck… You saw that..?” he asked, as I took his hand, checking that it wasn’t too badly damaged.
“Yeah… Got a brilliant view from that window… It’s how I knew you were here.”
“Oh… Well… Yeah… I got frustrated…” I laughed, boys will never cease to amaze me…
“You got frustrated, so you hit a tree? Makes sense…” he chuckled, letting the smile grow.
“Anyway, I’m hungry, let’s go eat.” I told him, turning round to go back inside.
“You coming Gee?” I asked, seeing that he was in a world of his own, once again.
“Oh yeah, everything sorted?” he looked between us, looking for any clues.
“Yep” Frank smiled. Gee seemed happy with this as he also smiled.

-~- 4 o’clock -~-

After I spoke to Frank earlier, the day went back to normal, and now I was home, getting ready to go to the mall. I decided to go with jeans and a tank top with my red converse.

Once I was ready, I went downstairs to talk to mum.
“Hey sweetie” she greeted me as I walked into the kitchen.
“Hey mum” I walked over to the kettle, working out that I had time for a cuppa before I left.
“So, who are you going out with tonight?”
“Oh just Ally and Iris, we’re going to the mall” I told her, “I’m heading round to Ally’s first though, otherwise I’ll get lost” I laughed as mum joined in, knowing that I have no idea when it comes to directions.
“So, how’s work going then?”
“Yeah, it’s alright, you know, as good as work can be” mum laughed slightly as she spoke. I could sense she was upset about something, but I didn’t want to push it. I’ll talk to her later.
“Did you need some money tonight?” mum asked. I felt bad taking money off her, but I don’t have a job… So it’s the only way of going out…
“Oh… Ermm… Yeah I probably do…”
“Hang on, I’ll go get you some,” mum rose from her chair heading towards the hall where her handbag stayed.
When she returned she handed me $100.
“Mum! Are you serious?! I don’t need $100!” I refused to take it from her.
“Rennie, take it, you deserve to treat yourself. Plus… This job has a higher wage, so I need you to help me spend it,” she explained to me.
I sighed and took the money, still feeling bad… $100 is a lot of money…
“Thanks mum,” I gave her a tight hug before taking my purse out of my bag and stuffing the notes in.
I drank my cup of tea quickly realising that I would be late if I took much longer.
“I have to go now mum, I’ll talk to you later” I smiled at her, giving her another quick hug before leaving the house.
“See you later sweetie, have fun”

-~- Ally’s house -~-

I rang the doorbell to what used to be my home and waited for Ally to come to the door.
The door swung open, revealing Ally and Iris grinning like idiots.
“Heyyy!” Iris greeted me, finally stepping out of the way so that I could go inside.
“What’s up with you two?” I asked
“Oh nothing much…” Ally replied, let’s just say I was highly suspicious.
“Riiight…” I walked into the kitchen to see Laura sat drinking coffee.
“Hey Laura” I said as I approached her.
“Oh Rennie, hey!” she said getting up to hug me, “Have you got a minute before you go? I need to talk to you about something”
“Yeah, I guess so”
“So, I was talking to Linda today, Frank’s mom?” she started, “Apparently Frank asked you out today, but you couldn’t answer him?”
I could feel my cheeks going bright red.
“Well… Ermm…”
“Don’t worry, I understand, I just wanted to tell you that I’ve known Linda for years, and Frank is a good kid, you can trust him” she placed her hand reassuringly on my shoulder as she spoke. “Seriously, if that’s what you worried about, there’s no need. Oh and if he ever was to do anything to hurt you, me and Linda would be straight on his case. He would not get away with it.” She smiled at me as I continued to blush, speechless.
“Anyway, you go out, enjoy yourself” she hugged me briefly.
“Thanks… I guess?” I laughed, not entirely sure what to say.
I left the room to find Iris and Ally stood round the corner of the door, clearly eavesdropping.
They laughed as I saw them.
“Frankie asked you out?!” Ally exclaimed “Oh my god! That is awesome! Did you say yes? Where are you going? You have to tell us everything!”
Iris grinned, nodding along with every question Ally shot at me.
“Yes, Ally, Frank asked me out. No I haven’t said yes, I said I’ll think about it.” I told them sternly, their faces dropped.
“But… You two would make such a cute couple!” Iris squealed, “I think you should go, at least to just see what it’s like… I’m sure he wouldn’t hold you to anything”
“I might do… I dunno…”
“Pleaaasssseeee?” Ally practically begged me.
“Why are you so bothered anyway?”
“Just am… Please? We can buy you sexy clothes to wear…”
I looked over at Iris to see that she was looking pleadingly at me.
“I know you’re scared, but it’s Frankie! He wouldn’t hurt a fly” Ally tried a new argument.
“I know…”
“So say yes then!” she grinned as her and Iris looked hopefully at me.
To be honest, I was milking it now… I decided when Laura spoke to me that I’d say yes, but they don’t need to know that…
A smile started to break on my face.
“Ok, I’ll tell him yes.” I decided to tell them. They both squealed and jumped up and down in excitement.
“Well we better get going then, we’ve got to get you some new clothes!”
They both ran to grab their bags and put their shoes on. While they were doing this, I pulled out my phone and opened up a blank message.
Yes x
♠ ♠ ♠
:)