Say It One More Time

Peaceful

-~- Frank’s POV -~-

Today just seemed so surreal… First I’m asking Rennie out, then I’m freaking out, then we’re good, then band and she says yes, then next thing I know, Mikey’s getting a panicked phone call from Ally saying that we had to get to the mall immediately…

Flashback

When we got to the mall, Iris explained what had happened; Ally was too upset by everything to talk properly.
I completely freaked out. I know how hard it is to catch a parent cheating… It was me who found out about my dad’s affair… But the main thing that was worrying me was that Rennie had run off when she barely knows the area.
I tried ringing her, several times, but I got no answer, so I texted her instead. I heard Ally on the phone to her mum, and noticed everyone else trying to get in touch with her.
It wasn’t long before I saw Laura looking round the mall for us.
“Hey, have you heard anything?” she asked as soon as she reached us.
“No… She’s not picking up her phone… I don’t know what to do…” Ally cried, “Her dad ran off before we could say anything too…”
Laura gave her a comforting hug, clearly worried herself.
“Right, well your dad’s waiting in the parking lot now, Gee can you drive around and look for her please? We’ll take everyone back to Rennie’s, call us if you need anything”
“Yeah of course” Gee agreed, starting to walk to the doors immediately.
“Wait, Gee I’m coming with you,” I said after him, not letting him argue with me, “I… I have to…” There was no way I could just sit by and do nothing.
When we got into the car, I tried calling her again.
“I’m going to try the park,” Gee stated as he started the engine.
I tried ringing her about five more times, not getting any answer. I was so worried. I rested my head against the cold window, sighing.
“Hey… Frankie… Don’t worry, she’ll be ok, I know it…” Gee said looking over at me. Before long we pulled up outside the park.
I jumped straight out of the car and ran into the park, looking in all of the usual hiding spots, checking all of the benches, I even checked inside the tunnels on the play area, but I couldn’t find her anywhere.
Slowly I walked back to the park entrance where Gee was stood waiting for me.
“No… She’s not here…” I sighed again, rubbing my face in my hands.
Just as I sat back in the car I felt my phone vibrate in my hands. Without even looking at the caller ID I answered it.
“Hello?” I siad.
“Frankie…”
“Rennie! Shit! Are you ok?! Ally told us what happened, we’ve been looking for you for ages!”
“I’m sorry…”
“Lorena, you do not need to be sorry. Where are you? Me and Gee will come and pick you up” I could hear her crying down the other end of the phone.
“I… I don’t know Frankie… I’m scared…”
“Shit…” I mumbled, hoping she didn’t hear me.
“Are you near any shops?”
“Yeah…”
“Tell me what shops are near you and we’ll find you, I promise.”
“There’s a pet shop opposite me… And book shop next to that…”
“Pet shop… Book shop… That’s where Mikey works! Gee take us to Barnes and Noble” I directed him urgently, “Don’t worry Rennie, we won’t be long”
“Ok…” she whispered to me.
We soon pulled up outside Barnes and Noble; as soon as I spotted Rennie I ran out of the car and pulled her off the floor into a tight hug.
“Please never do that again, I was so scared!” I said to her. I could feel her crying into my shoulder, but I really couldn’t care less.
We went straight back to the car where Gee drove us back to her house.


End of flashback.
So now, here we were all sat in Rennie’s living room, partly due the fact that her dad could be waiting outside and partly because Rennie needed to be with friends, people she could trust. I was glad to think that we were those people.
Rennie had fallen asleep about half an hour ago, and now had her head resting on my shoulder. She looked so peaceful now that she was asleep and no longer crying.
“Gee,” I whispered, not wanting to wake her, “Pass us a quilt, I can’t move…”
He chuckled quietly as he looked over.
“You make a cute couple” he commented, making me smile, “Here you go” he passed a quilt over to me, which I draped over her legs.
I moved slightly to get comfortable, pulling the quilt up so it covered us both. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and soon fell asleep myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)