Family Values

Attack.

The next morning, I woke up to a sharp pain in my side. I groaned, rolling over to stare into Cat’s grinning face. “Why did you wake me up with a kick? A simple, “wake up, Li,” would have sufficed,” I grumbled. She rolled her pretty hazel eyes, and kicked me again, but this time more lightly.

“Get up, and get dressed,” she ordered.

“Why?” I asked.

“We’re going to the Navy Yard,” she said. I raised an eyebrow. “You know you missed everyone too.” I sighed, and got up.

“Fine, but I call shower first,” I grinned. She pouted slightly, and plopped down on my bed.

“Well, hurry,” she said, and then glanced down at herself with a grimace. “I feel icky.” I laughed, and ran to the shower. I took a quick one with my vanilla scented products, and then dried off quickly. I pulled my wet hair into a pony tail, and then got dressed. I opened up the door, stumbling slightly when Cat ran past me holding a bundle of clothes. I snickered at the closed door and then went into my room. I grabbed my leather jacket, slipping it on, and then put on my grey heels. I put on some accessories, and then walked down the steps to make some breakfast.

One of the things I loved most about Gibbs’ house is how homey it felt. Senior’s house never felt like that. I shuddered slightly thinking about Senior. God, I hated that man. I shook my head, trying to rid it of thoughts of that vile man, and got out some bacon, eggs, sausage links, and hash browns. I turned towards the radio that I put in, and turned it on. Animal by Ke$ha started playing, and I sang along, dancing slightly.

I am in love,
With what we are,
Not what we should be.

And I am,
I am starstruck.
With every part,
Of this whole story.

So if it's just tonight,
The animal inside,
Let it live and die.

Like it's the end of time,
Like everything inside,
Let it live and die.

This is our last chance,
In your hands
'Cause the world is spinning at the speed of light.
The night is fading, heart is racing.
Now just come to love the life we're gonna die.

Oh oh
I'm not asleep, I'm up for the fight
Into the magic.
And I don't, want the concrete.
I am alive.
Comes with the tragic.

So if it's just tonight,
The animal inside,
Let it live and die.

This is our last chance, in your hands.
'Cause the world is spinning at the speed of light.
The night is fading, heart is racing.
Now just come to love the life we're gonna die

Oh
Oh
Oh

This is our last chance, in your hands.
'Cause the world is spinning at the speed of light.
The night is fading, heart is racing.
Now just come to love the life we're gonna die. Oh.

Oh. Oh. Oh.


“Very beautiful,” a voice said from behind me, making me scream loudly, spinning around with a spatula in my hand. The person grabbed my wrist, pushing me back until I was pinned against the counter. I stared into charcoal eyes, and the grip that the person had on me was definitely male. I lifted a leg up, and shot it into the guy’s stomach. I heard him grunt, and fall back slightly; still keeping the bruising hold on my wrist so I fell with him. I grunted with the impact, and I felt the guy straddle my waist. He gripped my other wrist and pinned them above my head, bringing them closer together so he could hold them with one hand.

“Let me go!” I shouted, trying to get out from his hold. His eyes went cold, and he backhanded me across the face, a ring he was wearing cutting into my cheekbone. He gripped my hip, holding me down.

“Listen, and listen good,” he growled. I narrowed my eyes at him, noticing the gleam the light had on his teeth.

“I’m listening,” I said lowly.

“I know that someone called you to exterminate us,” he said gruffly. Ah, werewolf. “If you come after us, I swear, we will not hesitate to kill you and your friends.”

“Hey, ugly!” Someone shouted from above us. The guy and I both looked up and I grinned when I saw Cat holding one of Gibbs’ shotguns. The guy got up quickly, growling menacingly at her. When he went to jump at her, I kicked my leg out, effectively tripping him. When he stumbled, Cat turned the gun, and hit him in the head, hard. He fell to the ground in a heap. “You alright?” Cat asked, helping me up. I nodded, and lightly kicked the dude to make sure he was knocked out.

“Yeah, I’m alright,” I said. I reached into my back pocket to get my phone so I could tell Gibbs what happened and why there would be a werewolf chained in his basement. “Uh oh,” I said.

“What?” Cat asked, grabbing the werewolf by his feet.

“I butt dialed Gibbs.”

Image


We had the man chained against the wall when the front door was opened, banging against the wall. “Liana?! Catherine?!” We heard Gibbs yell out, his voice tinged with worry. I pulled against the chains one more time, making sure they were secure, before climbing up the steps quickly. Cat and I went into the living room, and immediately had four guns pointed at us.

“Don’t shoot!” Cat yelled, holding up her hands quickly. I shot her a look, rolling my eyes.

“Don’t worry, it’s just us,” I said.

“What the hell happened?” Tony asked, putting his gun away, and making his way over to me. He cupped my jaw lightly, turning it so he could get a better look at the cut on my face.

“I guess someone tipped off the werewolves, so they knew we were coming. One of them decided to give us a heads up,” I explained.

“He’s chained in your basement,” Cat quipped.

“There’s a werewolf chained in my basement?” Gibbs asked slowly. Cat and I nodded.

“Yeah, but don’t worry, he won’t be getting out of those chains,” I reassured. He sighed, and ran a hand down his face.

“Are you both alright?” He asked. We both nodded.

“Yeah, we’re fine dad,” I said. “But, we burned breakfast.” He just sighed. I heard a yell from the basement, and grabbed my cell. I dialed Bobby’s number.

Hello?” He asked.

“Hey, Bobby,” I greeted. “Can you get Sam and Dean here, like, now?” I asked.

Why? What’s going on?

“One of the werewolves we’re supposed to kill, decided to pay Cat and I a little visit.”

Shit, alright, last I heard they were the Virginia area anyway. They should be there soon,” he said.

“Thanks, Bobby,” I said, and hung up. “The Winchesters are on their way.”