Family Values

Wrong Pack.

Cat and I paced in front of the werewolf still chained in Gibbs’ basement, his eyes watching us the entire time. “Why did you attack us?” I asked.

“Why are you trying to exterminate my pack?” The guy snarled back.

“If you guys didn’t go around killing innocent people, you wouldn’t be on our hit list,” Cat snapped. The man froze and his eyes narrowed.

“My pack and I aren’t killing anyone,” he said slowly. “We all chain ourselves up during full moons to prevent that.” Cat and I exchanged looks.

“Then, if it’s not your pack who is killing all those people, who is it?” I asked. The man shrugged as well as he could with the chains restricting him.

“I don’t know,” he said. I could tell that he was starting to relax and I dropped my defensive pose. “I can find out though.”

“Would you and your pack be willing to work with us if it comes to a fight?” Cat asked seriously. He nodded almost instantly.

“Yes,” he said, his voice sounding very sincere.

“Good enough for me,” I said, bending down to unchain the werewolf from Gibbs’ unfinished boat. I helped him up and he stretched out his back. Now that I finally got a good look at him, he was very muscular with blond hair and bright blue eyes that kind of reminded me of Gibbs’ eyes. He grinned at us, showing off perfect, straight teeth.

“I’m Ryan McClair,” he introduced, holding out his hand to me. I shook it briefly.

“Liana DiNozzo.”

“Cat Johnson.”

“Are you hungry?” I asked. It was the least I could do, I mean, Cat knocked the poor guy out with a gun. Ryan nodded and Cat and I led him up the steps. I could hear the team talking lowly, probably wondering why there was a werewolf in the house.

We entered the living room and when the team saw Ryan behind us, they all pulled out their guns instantly. “Liana, why is he unchained?” Gibbs asked, his eyes never leaving Ryan’s form.

“It’s not his pack that’s killing people,” Cat said and I nodded.

“Then why did he attack you?” McGee asked.

“Protecting his pack,” I answered. Gibbs slowly lowered his gun, but didn’t look away from the werewolf.

“If you hurt one of them again, I will kill you,” he said so seriously and intently that I actually felt Ryan shiver behind me.

“It won’t happen again, Sir,” he said quickly.

“Don’t call me sir, I work for a living,” Gibbs said automatically, holstering his weapon. The rest of the team followed his lead thankfully, and I asked everyone what sounded good for dinner.

“Pizza,” Tony said quickly. I rolled my eyes.

“Tony, we just pizza last night. Try again.”

“Chinese?” McGee asked.

“Italian,” Ziva practically demanded.

“Maybe we should let our guest decide,” Gibbs piped up from his spot on the recliner. I turned my head to look at Ryan with a raised eyebrow. He cleared his throat nervously.

“You all are probably going to hate me for this, but I haven’t had pizza in a long time.” Ziva and McGee groaned, Tony and Cat cheered, and everyone else sighed. I grabbed the phone, and dialed the number I knew by heart from ordering it for Tony so much.

“I know what everyone else wants, but what about you?” I asked, looking at the blond man. He raised an eyebrow. Werewolf, right. “Okay, meat lover’s pizza. Large?” I asked. He nodded. I quickly placed the order, and since it was a slow night for Papa John’s, the guy said it would be there in twenty minutes. I thanked him and then hung up. “Twenty minutes,” I announced.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and looked down at the screen to see Bobby’s number. “Hello?” I answered.

Sam and Dean are going to be there tomorrow. Is the werewolf still there?” He asked.

“Hold that thought,” I said into the phone and then excused myself from the living room and into the kitchen. “The werewolf’s name is Ryan McClair and he’s not a threat. He got wind of us coming to his town and decided to stop us from hurting his pack. There’s apparently a rivaling pack out there somewhere because he and his pack chain each other up during full moons so they don’t attack people.”

Of course those dumb igits would get the damn facts wrong,” Bobby grumbled into the phone making me chuckle.

“He’s also prepared to help us with this hunt.” We talked for a couple more seconds before saying our goodbyes and hanging up. I walked back into the living room to see Tony and Gibbs talking, Ryan and Abby, who I assumed just showed up, were flirting, and Cat was talking with Ziva and McGee. “The Winchesters will be here tomorrow. Bobby is filling them in about what happened with Ryan, so they won’t attack you,” I said to Ryan. He nodded.

Image


The next day, I was waiting on the front porch with Cat sitting next to me. The team was at work and Ryan was inside talking to his pack to inform them what was going to happen when they all got there. Ryan walked back outside and sat down beside me on the steps. “My pack is getting two rooms with two beds in each room made up for the four of you,” he informed.

“You don’t have to do that,” I protested. “We’ll be fine in a hotel.”

“You four aren’t just helping innocent people in our town. You’re also helping us,” he said seriously. “We don’t take things like this lightly.”

“Thank you, that’s very generous of you and you’re pack,” Cat said, overhearing the conversation. I heard a loud purr from a car and turned my head to see an Impala making its way towards the house. “You know, they’re going to be pissed that we aren’t leaving until tomorrow,” Cat mused out loud.

“Well, we promised Gibbs we wouldn’t leave until tomorrow on Ducky’s orders,” I shrugged. The black Impala pulled up to the side of the road and two men got out. One of them was about six foot one, six foot two with light brown hair and hazel eyes and the other, towering over the first, was around six foot five or six foot six with dark brown hair and the same hazel eyes as the shorter man. The two walked up to the house and the taller one smiled down at me.

“Hi, I’m Sam Winchester and this is my brother, Dean.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry about the long ass wait. Hope everyone enjoys. Comment? Message? Subscribe? Thanks.