Status: A work in progress..updated randomly

Follow My Lead

Two

Their set that day was flawless. Everyone sounded great and the boys drew in a huge crowd. Maybel beamed with pride as she watched the band she’d grown up with live their dream. As Dave and Kyle went into the crowd for their last song, To Plant A Seed, she studied Kyle.

How could such a sleazy guy be part of something so heartfelt and meaningful? Granted, Josh wrote the lyrics, but Kyle still was a huge role in the band. She took that thought back partially. He was so good to their fans. He never said half the things he said to her to them. The more Maybel thought about it, the more she realized that it was just her that he was the was to.

That realization made her angry. Why the hell was he only a douche bag to her? She didn’t get the chance to think about this more because the boys came running off stage. They each ruffled her hair affectionately as they jogged past. Kyle came off a second later, but at the last second, instead of ruffling her hair, he bent down and licked her cheek. Then he took off at a full sprint.

“EWWW!!!” She shrieked to no one in particular an quickly tried to wipe his saliva off her face. “Kyle you fucking moron!!” She yelled after him. She put her phone in her pocket and started after him.

He weaved through crowds of kids trying to lose her. She tried to keep up the best she could. She followed him into a back lot behind where the buses were parked. Kyle finally stopped, hunched over and out of breathe.

“Apologize Pavone. Right now. “ She stood in front of him, arms crossed. He looked up at her, still panting, “No ma’am.” He gave her a lazy grin. She narrowed her eyes, “Fine Kyle, don’t apologize. Just stop acting like an inconsiderable twat towards me ok?”

He stood up and laughed, casually stepping towards her, “May, I don’t recall being a vagina towards you.” He chuckled to himself. Maybel rolled her eyes, “Your comments aren’t funny Kyle. If Dave aver heard you, you’d gety our ass beat.” He laughed at that, “thanks for your concern darlin’ but I’m a big boy. I can handle it.” He put his arm around her shoulder. “Now, let’s go get wasted.”

A few hours later, everyone was drinking and having a good time...except Maybel. She was 20 and nine months but Dave wouldn’t let her drink underage in front of him, even though he did it. She was sitting alone on Every Avenue’s front lounge couch while people partied all around her.

Kyle plopped down next to her. “Havin’ funn?!” he asked sloppily. Maybel shook her head, “fuck off Kyle.” He shook his head, “Come on, you know I only rag on you because I think you’re pretty!” She glared at him, “ yeah I’ll believe THAT when you’re sober.”

Lou, hearing what she said, sat down on her other side. “Ah, but May, a drunken man speaks what a sober man thinks.” She looked at him. What he said was smart, but the fact that he was drunk took some of the insight out of his words.

She stood up and looked at the pair now laughing histerically at eachother. “I’m going back to the bus to get some sleep.” She started to walk away but Kyle couldn’t let her leave without one last comment. He stood up and called after, “Dream of me darlin’!” She didn’t look back at him and only sped up.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, we're on chapter two. I hope you like it so far :)