Status: Complete :D

Baby, What if I Can't Forget You?

They'll Never Take Us Alive

Piper's POV

The ride back to my house was relatively quiet. I stared out the window for most of the time. Vic's hand never let go of mine, and my smile never left my face. I finally felt a little bit of piece, but that feeling soon left as I saw Anna waiting in Vic's driveway. She looked pissed. Vic sighed and let go of my hand. My smile instantly dropped as he put the car in park, but we didn't move.

"Can I come visit you later?" he asked me, looking directly into my eyes.

I nodded my head and told him to just come over when he was ready, that my mom would send him up. Then I got out of the car and waved goodbye to him. I ignored Anna's stares as I walked through my yard and up my front steps.

"What the hell were you doing with her?" I heard Anna ask.

"Piper is my friend. Fuck you." Vic replied.

I looked over my shoulder to see her jaw drop, and I had to stop myself from bursting into a fit of laughter. I turned around and walked into my house quickly.

"Mom?" I called out as I slipped off my shoes at the door.

"In the kitchen!"

I walked into the kitchen to see my mom cooking dinner. It smelled wonderful, but I knew I wouldn't be able to stomach it, but that doesn't mean I wasn't willing to try.

Maybe if Vic shows up...

"Vic's coming over in a little while. Is that cool?" I asked her knowing what she'd say.

"Yes that's fine. Will he be staying for dinner?"

"Most likely, but you can ask him when he gets here. Just send him up. I'll probably have my headphones in." I told her before turning and heading upstairs to my room.

I closed the door behind me and left it unlocked. I grabbed my Taylor acoustic off its stand and sat down on my bed indian style. I strummed it and made a face because of how out of tune it was. I pulled my tuner out of my drawer beside my bed and quickly tuned my guitar. Once it was all tuned up, I began playing a few chords just messing around. Then I thought of exactly what I wanted to play. It was a song I had been working on for a while now, but I finally knew how to finish it.

"Tell me what's going on
I know there's something on your mind and
Can you just open up?
Do you feel out of love?
Is somebody trying to hurt you?
You know I'd never let that happen
they must be out of their minds

Cause you are the sunshine that makes my day
And I won't let them take that away

I'll be your hero whose standing strong
Who protects you from any fight
And if your battles are piling on
I will take them on with all my might
Cry your tears on my shoulder
You don't know what the future holds
So I'll be your personal soldier

If life is a battlefield, there's so many dangers
Just when you think it's okay, it blows up in your face
And when this road gets harder
You think your luck's run out,
I will find a reserve to take it right back
To where your heart deserves
Cause there is no way that I won't put you first

I'll be your hero whose standing strong
Who protects you from any fight
And if your battles are piling on
I will take them on with all my might
Cry your tears on my shoulder
You don't know what the future holds
So I'll be your personal soldier

I'll protect you, don't worry

I'll be your hero whose standing strong
Who protects you from any fight
And if your battles are piling on
I will take them on with all my might
Cry your tears on my shoulder
You don't know what the future holds
So I'll be your personal soldier."


As I finished the song, I heard my door open slowly. It was Vic. He smiled as he walked in and sat down at the end of my bed.

"That was really good." he said looking at me.

I smiled and stood up and put my acoustic away. When I turned around, Vic was standing behind me.

"Your mom asked me to stay for dinner." he said reaching out and grabbing my hands in his.

"Are you?" I asked looking up at him.

He nodded his head and put my arms around his shoulders. He put his hands on my waist and pulled me closer.

"I really like you, Piper. I like you a lot." he said smiling at me.

I smiled back at him and tightened my grip around his neck. I leaned up and brushed my lips on his. We closed our eyes and he closed the gap between us.

Fucking finally.

My fingers went straight to his hair, tugging and pulling softly. He kissed me hard, and our lips moved in unison. I almost forgot to breathe. If he didn't feel anything with that kiss I would be heartbroken, because I definitely felt something, and it was amazing. We eventually pulled back with big grins on our faces. I giggled a bit and he let out a sigh of relief.

"I really like you too, Vic." I said, the smile never leaving my face.

His grin got even bigger, if that were possible, and we laid down on the bed. We talked for another half hour about everything, mostly what we liked about each other. I swear the two of us have never blushed this much in our entire lives. Finally, I heard my mom call us down for dinner. As we made our way to the door, I stopped him.

"Where does this leave us?" I asked, staring at his stunning face.

"Hopefully with a relationship. I really wanna be with you, Piper. You mean everything to me, and I made the biggest mistake not telling you sooner." he told me.

I smiled and nodded my head at him, acknowledging his request for a relationship. He took my hand and led me downstairs.

Things are really starting to look up for me...
♠ ♠ ♠
Almost over. :(
the song I used was 'Personal Soldier' by The Wanted.
comments???