We Could Leave This Town and Run Forever

Awex

It’s been so nice being back home. Even though it was for work, I got to see my friends and family that I hadn’t seen since Ryan and I’s wedding. But after a day or two of relaxing and catching up with people that I hadn’t seen, I needed to get to work. While I was going to be in the studio, my parents said they’d watch Liam. They haven’t seen him much, so I figured it would be great bonding time.

This has been pretty routine for almost a month. We’re about at the three/four week mark. I miss Ryan like crazy, but we’re managing. It’s not the easiest thing in the world. No one said it would be easy though.

“KYLEE!” Alex shouted once I walked into the studio for our day of ‘work’.

“Hey,” I smiled small.

“Aw, what’s wrong?” he cooed as he walked over to pull me in for a hug.

“I miss Ryan a lot today,” I muttered through a pout.

“You missed him yesterday,” Zach spoke up from behind Alex.

“I miss him everyday!” I shot at him, causing all the guys to chuckle.

“Well, come on. Lets write it out!” Alex tried to encourage.

I let out a playful groan as he led me over to chair that we have dubbed as ‘the comfy writing chair’. We each took a notebook as the other three boys gathered around with a few guitars. Alex started scribbling right away. I just couldn’t get anything out.

“Come on, Ky. I need you,” Alex tried to encourage.

“I’m just not feeling it today,” I sighed.

“Maybe she’s wrote too much. You guys have been working pretty hard,” Jack suggested.

“Yeah, why don’t you just go home and chill for the rest of the day?” Alex countered.

“I can’t just leave you guys…”

“We insist,” Alex smiled.

I gave them all a look and they just smiled. I wanted to protest some more, but I ended up leaving. Before I went to my little apartment that I’m calling home for the next three months, I picked up Liam.

He whined nearly the whole night. I don’t know what it was. He wouldn’t tell me for the longest time. But as his bedtime drew nearer, I could make out the word daddy through his whimpers. It made me pout each and every time. I tried to call Ryan to get a video chat going, but I couldn’t get a hold of him. He was probably busy with his band.

So, I did the best that I could to comfort him. It didn’t work too well. During his little freak out, there was a knock on the door. With a huff, I carried Liam with me and opened the door, revealing… Alex.

“Hey,” Alex smiled brightly.

“Hi,” I pushed out while trying to bounce Liam to soothe him.

“I just came to check on you. You didn’t seem like yourself today,” he went on.

“I’m having issues,” I muttered, looking down at Liam before back at him.

He gave me a small smile before he held his hand out for the little boy. I didn’t think it would work, but I handed him over anyway. Liam fussed a little more before he… settled down. Are you kidding me?!

“He’s been crying for hours,” I groaned as Alex walked inside with Liam resting on his chest.

“I have a way with kids,” he smiled.

“Well, I need you here then,” I snickered.

“I got some time,” he replied while sitting down on the couch.

“You remember Alex, don’t you, Liam?” I asked while sitting next to the two of them.

“Awex,” he pushed out while looking up at the person holding him.

“Yeah, bud,” Alex smiled.

A small one came over Liam’s face before he nuzzled up into Alex’s chest. It was so cute! The two of them went on to interact a little more. It made me smile. I haven’t seen Liam this happy since we left England.

About a half hour later, Liam was sleeping soundlessly on Alex’s chest. Before Alex could fall asleep himself, I took Liam and put him into his bed. I never thought I was going to get him to lay down.

“Thank you so much!” I sighed once I came out.

“He’s cute,” was his response.

“He is my son…” I had to tease.

“Oh yeah… how could I forget,” he played along.

There was something about that smile that… made him so cute. I mean… he is naturally cute. I’ve learned to look at him as my writing partner than the Alex Gaskarth. But that look… was adorable. Before I could think anymore, I shook my head of that thought. Whoa, buddy.

“So… I should be good for tomorrow,” I told him while following the boy to the door.

“I hope so. You had me worried today,” he replied.

“Just needed a day,” I assured him.

He flashed another smile before he turned and walked out. Once the door was shut behind him, I let out a sigh and leaned against it. That was so wrong! He was just cute with Liam. Any guy that’s cute with babies is ten times cuter. I was just thinking too much. I know one thing though, I need to get on the phone with Ryan… before this gets way too out of hand…
♠ ♠ ♠
I only have 2 too :( so sad

Ky

comment??