We Could Leave This Town and Run Forever

I Belong Here

The past few weeks, I’ve been trying to write like crazy. I wanted to get home. I needed to be with Ryan and so did Liam. That little incident with Alex just put everything into perspective for me. And since then, things have been so awkward between us. I try to push it aside to get some writing done, but it’s still there.

With this going on, I told the guys I should probably get to leaving soon. Liam was starting to get cranky for no reason. It only grew once Ryan and I got off the phone with each other or web chatted. I know he misses Ryan so much. It made me feel like a bad mom that I kept him away for so long.

But that’s about to change! With all of this hyper-writing, I was no longer needed in assisting on the ATL album anymore… a month early! I haven’t told anyone. I wanted it to be a total surprise! I can’t wait to see the look on Ryan’s face once he sees Liam and I.

“You ready to see daddy?” I asked my little boy as I was carrying him through the airport.

“Mhm,” He muttered with his head still resting against my chest.

That little mumbled made me smile before I left a soft kiss on his forehead. On the cab ride to our house that we hadn’t been too in two months, I tried to get him excited. I now it was a long journey over here, but he needs to be excited to see his daddy! I know I was.

Once the car stopped, I nearly jumped out to hurry to the front door. Leaving my bags on the porch, I opened the door, trying to be as quiet as possible. I scanned the lower level of the house and found nothing. With a huff, I trudged up the stairs… and still found nothing.

“Where is your daddy?” I asked Liam since he seemed to be a little more awake now.

“Want daddy,” he pouted while I was going back down the stairs.

“I do too, sweetie, but daddy…” I started to reply, but stopped once I hit the bottom step.

The door was opening. From the stairs, you had a clear view of it. Knowing it was probably Ryan, I hurried so that he wouldn’t be able to see me. Shortly after, the door closed, followed by the sound of Ryan setting his car keys on the counter like he always does. Upon hearing this sound, I got an idea. I gently put Liam down and gave him a little push, telling him to go get Ryan. With a huge grin on his face, my little boy took off.

“DADDY!” Liam squealed as he made it into the kitchen.

“Liam?!” you could hear the heavy surprise in Ryan’s voice once he saw his son.

Not being able to stay out of view anymore, I walked into the kitchen too, seeing Ryan cradling Liam tightly against him. I could have cried. It was so sweet.

“Missed you,” Liam muttered with his little arms hooked tightly around Ryan’s neck.

“I missed you too, bud. So, so much,” Ryan replied as he gave his son a few kisses on the forehead.

After he did so, his eyes wondered up to mine. The second this happened, the biggest smile flashed over Ryan’s face, giving his eyes a bright sparkle. Without saying anything, I rushed over and wrapped my arms around my two boys. I missed my little family so much.

“I would ask what you’re doing here, but I honestly don’t care. You guys are home,” he pushed out with an arm hooked tightly around me.

“I realized that I needed to be home,” I spoke up.

“But I was fine. I missed you two a lot, but…” he started, but I cut him off by pressing my lips against his. Gosh that felt good.

“It was fun, but… I belong here with you guys,” I told him once we parted.

His smile grew once again. With it still the biggest it could possibly be, he gave Liam another kiss on his forehead, causing our little boy to giggle.

“Oh my gosh, I need to go see Kirstie!” I quickly pushed out once the thought hit me.

“Later. I need you,” Ryan pouted.

In response, I took his hand and nearly drug him out of the house. He complained about having to see Kirstie when I just got home. But I didn’t care. I need to see her just as much as I needed to see him. Well, maybe not just as much, but…

I was just glad to be home. I love writing and writing with other people. But I need to be home… or at least close to home. A completely different country is too far. My little family that I have is what keeps me grounded. With only one person missing it kind of knocks everything out of whack. But I’m home now… and everything feels just right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah...

but this is the last chapter. I know... long story but... I loved it :) Love Ryan Key :3 Kirstie and I's next one should be up soon though!!

Ky

comment??