We Could Leave This Town and Run Forever

Are You Crazy?

I was an anxious mess on the flight. Oh my gosh. It was the longest flight ever! And I was kind of nervous. I think I was more excited than nervous. But I was still nervous! I’m telling my fiancée I’m pregnant. I think some nervousness is normal, especially with the last time I didn’t really told him.

“If you have a boy, you should name it Thomas,” Tom snickered.

“You’re so funny,” I replied through a fake chuckle.

“That’s such a cute name,” Kirstie spoke up.

“If it’s a boy, it’s probably going to be some variation of William or Ryan,” I corrected them.

“Ryan’s names are stupid!” she went on to mutter.

“They’re cute!” I shot back.

Throughout the last forty-five minutes that remained of our flight, Kirstie and Tom kept trying to talk me into naming my son Thomas… if I even had a son! I was never so thankful for a plane to land… ever. I’m not naming my child Thomas!

Once I was off of that aircraft though, that was the farthest thing from my mind. I needed to find my baby’s daddy man. Where is he?!

Unlike the last time he picked me up from the airport, I spotted him first! He was looking at something on his phones. It was probably a soccer or football scoreboard. My man loves his sports… I managed to sneak up behind him and leap onto his back, causing him to let out a yelp of surprise.

“Hey, baby,” I beamed while leaving so many kisses on his cheek.

“You scared me so bad,” he chuckled as I slid off so that he could turn around to wrap his arms around me.

“I missed you so much,” I sighed once I was pressed against his chest.

Without saying anything, he pressed his lips against mine lightly, causing a huge smile to appear on my face. I missed this boy. Once we parted, Kirstie and Tom caught up with us, greeting Ryan before we left. He dropped Tom and Kirstie off at her place first. She said she’d give me time to tell Ryan. But once it was just the two of us at our house… I was super nervous.

“I brought you something back from England,” I smiled once we were sitting on the couch, tightly tangled with each other.

“The only thing I wanted you to bring back was you,” he chuckled.

“I think you’ll like this one,” I grinned as I got up to go to my bag.

I went on to dig out a little box. I thought of a little creative way of telling Ryan. Hopefully, this works out like I planned…

“You didn’t have to get me anything,” he smiled once I sat back down.

“But, in a way, it’s kind of from you too…” I snickered.

He wrinkled his features up, obviously questioning what I was talking about. He didn’t voice anything though. He jus took the box and carefully opened it. With each movement, I got a little more nervous. And then he took the entire lid off. His eyes stayed fixed on the contents for a few seconds before they traveled up to mine. The usual dark brown was now starting to glow with a shade of Amber.

“Babe,” he gently spoke.

I couldn’t say anything. My smile was too wide too. At least I found out he can read a pregnancy test…

“You’re pregnant?” he pressed on, slowly allowing a smile to crawl across his face.

“Yeah,” I pushed out, having a hard time breathing right now.

“That’s so amazing,” he beamed before wrapping his arms back around me.

“Are you happy?” I had to ask.

“Are you crazy?” he chuckled. “I’m so happy, baby,” he went on.

“And I told you this time,” I giggled.

“Well, you can’t really hide it for too long,” he taunted through a huge smile.

“I love you,” I sighed happily while nuzzling into him.

“I love you too… and the beautiful thing that we’re going to welcome into the world,” he replied so sweetly.

After this amazing moment, I went on to tell him how it all happened and that I did tell Kirstie before him. But I had good reason! He was ok with it. That smile never left his face the rest of the night. Mine was pretty consistent too. I couldn’t have asked for a better reaction from him. This went so well. Hopefully we can squeeze a wedding out before I get deeper into this pregnancy though…
♠ ♠ ♠
-__-

Ky

comment??