Ballad of Mona Lisa

This was no accident, This was a therapeutic chain of events.

[Lisa's P.O.V.]

I opened my eyes with a pounding head ache attached. The bright lights stung my sensitive eyes. I felt pain everywhere, I heard people saying my name repeatedly, I heard machines beeping on and off. I quickly realized I was in the hospital. Oh my god he put me in the hospital.

I started looking around seeing faces that were familiar, and unfamiliar. First face I recognized was Brandon, who was covered in blood, and bruised up. Oh my god he hurt Brandon....

I also saw my mom, who was a complete wreck, but of course had her bottle in hand. I can't remember the last time I saw her with out a drink in hand, it was probably before dad left, so like 7 years ago...

"Lisa! Thank god you're okay I was so worried!" Brandon said holding my hand. I can't believe he came, after everything.

"Lisa, how are you feeling?" A man in a long white coat, probably a doctor, said.

"In pain." I said weakly.

"Figures we had to give you 75 stitches all over. If it wasn't for this boy right here you probably wouldn't be alive." He said putting his hand on Brandon's bloody shoulder.

"How long have I been here?" I asked trying to sit up but immediately felt too weak and laid back down.

"Okay take it easy," he said gently helping me get comfortable,"and you've been here for about 18 hours straight. You lost a lot of blood." He continued, while looking at my charts.
My memory was hazy, I only remembered a little bit of the whole thing. My mother was too much in shock to talk, she just drank from her "water" bottle.
I looked at Brandon again who looked like he was holding back tears.

"Can I talk to Brandon alone?" I asked looking down.

"Of course lets give them some privacy." The doctor said rallying everyone out, including my stumbling mom. I looked back up and Brandon and just saw sadness in his eyes.

"Don't tell me, 'I told you so' please."

"You really think I would say that to you?" He said losing his sadness, and getting mad.

"You have every right to... You were right, you always have been... I should have listened to you from day one." I said getting chocked up.

"You're right you should have listened to me, but that doesn't mean I'm going to belittle you for something someone else did to you." He said stroking my cheek, and the tear that started to fall.

"Did he hurt you?" I asked pointing to a large blood stain on his shirt. He just lifted up his shirt, and revealed at least 5 stitches. I started crying when I saw it. I can't believe I let this happen. I should have listened to Brandon 6 months ago...

[6 months prior]

It was the first day of senior year. Brandon and I were driving to school in his ugly ass grandpa car, because it was the only ride me or him had. We were both so excited we finally had lunch together for the first year in 7 years of knowing each other.

He and I had been best friends ever since the 5th grade when he was the only person on my bus to help me when I was crying, after my dad left. It was actually really sweet. he left his guy friends and came over to me, then took me to the teacher. Ever since then me and him have been inseparable. Sure we both had friends, but we were each others only best friends.

We pulled into the parking lot of our small town New York high school, with all of our class mates. Exchanged some 'hellos', and 'oh my god I missed you' with some people,even though I didn't miss any of these people.

"So what do you have first?" Brandon asked as we entered the school. As he examined his own schedule.

"Uhmm looks like English with Glasser you?"

"Good luck with Glasser, heard she's a bitch, and I have Math honors, with Devine."

"Thanks I'll need the luck and good luck with that too!" I said looking at his schedule which was all honors classes. He had always been so smart I was always so jealous of him.
I walked with him to my locker, and there was someone I had never seen before standing by it. He was tall kind of skinny, dark hair, and a tattoo on his upper arm.He was hot, and I was staring, and Brandon noticed.

"His names Andrew." he said nudging me back into reality. I quickly looked down at my locker, and started doing the combo.

"He's new, James was telling me about him." he continued.

"How old is he?" I said still staring at my locker, afraid he saw me staring.

"Our age, don't tell me you think he's hot?" he said hitting my shoulder so I was looking him in the eye.

"Hey I never said that, I mean he his good looking, but so what I'm looking a good looking guy?" I said taking, and putting books in my locker. I looked back at Brandon who just looked frustrated. I was about to ask him what's up, and the warning bell rang.

"I gotta go, Ill see you in lunch!" I said hugging him good bye.

I started towards my classroom. I walked in and I saw that Andrew kid. I looked at him, and our eyes locked. I quickly looked down, but when I looked back up he was still looking at me., and then he smiled at me. I didn't smile back in fear he wasn't looking at me. My teacher placed me in the back of the class, and then Andrew was the only one left.

"Okay Andrew, you can go sit next to Lisa in the back." Mrs Glasser said pointing to me. I saw him smile again. He came and sat next to me, and he was wearing some good cologne cause I smelled him as he walked by. He sat down next to me, and took out his one book. When mrs. Glasser turned her back, he turned towards me and extended his hand.
"Hey." he said catching my attention "I'm Andrew. What's your name?" He said smiling again. I froze up for a second I never had a random guy talk to me, not asking for the answers to a test or something, and actually talk to me.

"H-hey I'm Lisa." i said shaking his hand, which was also weird for me.

"Lisa, thats a pretty name, for a pretty girl." He said smiling again. I was stunned! No one had ever called me pretty, especially not 5 seconds after meeting me!

"Andrew! Lisa! Stop talking!" Mrs. Glasser shouted. Andrew sat back in his seat, and I stared a head at the board. That had to be some sort of joke. No guy has ever called me pretty? I tried not to look to my left the whole class afraid I would catch his eye. As the bell rang I tried to get up and Andrew was right by me.

"Hey sorry if I freaked you out. When I get nervous I say what ever's on my mind." He said smiling again.

"Its okay." I said slightly laughing." Are you new? I don't think I've seen you before." I continued.

"Yeah I just moved here from Jersey." He said as he walked out the door with me.

"That's cool!" I said as I spotted Brandon. "I have to go. Hopefully I'll see you around." I said smiling.

"I hope so too." He said smiling again, as I walked away to talk to Brandon, who looked confused.

"Were you just talking to him?" He asked looking over my shoulder looking at Andrew.

"Yeah why?"

"I don't know I heard he's trouble." He said as we started walking.

"Oh you don't even know him! He actually seems pretty nice."

"Just watch him."

"Okay" I said, but quickly changed the subject.

God I should have listened...
♠ ♠ ♠
let me know how you like it!