Ballad of Mona Lisa

Say what you mean.

[Brandon's P.O.V.]

After I saw Lisa with that new kid, Andrew, I started putting myself in a bad mood. Lisa was so blind to how I felt about her.I have felt so strongly about her for years, but I have never said anything because I value our friendship too much. I admit the green eyed monster took over me when I saw her talking to him. I'm not a bad looking guy, I'd like to think, but I saw the way she looked at him, and I had never seen her look at anyone like that before. I don't blame him for wanting to talk to Lisa though she's beautiful. Standing at 5'2" with long brown hair, sparking green eyes, and a killer smile, I mean whats not to like? I hope she notices how much I care for her sooner or later...

The rest of the day flew by, then lunch came. I was glad I finally had a lunch period with her, we never really get to talk in school so its about time it happened. I walked in and saw Lisa sitting kind of off to the side, she waved me down. I went over and sat next to her and took my lunch out of my bag.
"Awe mama Urie made you lunch?" She said in a little kid voice.

"Yeah she did! Oh and cookies!" I said dangling the bag of cookies in her face.

"You're going to share right?" She said looking at me with her big green eyes and a pouty face. God how could I say no?

"Ugh I guess so!" I said sarcastically grunting. I handed her one, and realized that was all she had.

"You're not eating?" I asked as I ate my sandwich.

"I'm eating this! Duh" She said making a motion at the cookie in her hand.

"You're not eating lunch?" i asked again more seriously.

"Uhm no probably not, I ate a big breakfast." She said looking down at her frail barley there
stomach.

"You sure I ha-" I went to continue, when I saw that Andrew kid walk into the cafeteria. Lisa noticed and looked in his direction, and smiled his way. He gave her the typical head nod, and smile.

"He's not sitting here right?" I asked when I looked at her.

"I don't know? I didn't even know he was in this lunch period, but if he has no where to sit
can he sit here with us?" She asked looking at him still, while he stood awkwardly at
doorway.

"I mean, he's a big boy he can find his own table." I snapped back, feeling the jealousy boil up inside me.

"Whats with you? The poor kid has nowhere to sit. Can we please invite him over?" She said giving me the pouty face again.

"I don't know. I don't get a good vibe from him." I said staring him down.

"Please Brandon? I'll be you're best friend." She said shooting me an amazing smile. Gets
me every time.

"Fine." I said. sulking in my seat.

"You're such a doll!" She said hugging me.

"Andrew! Over here!" Lisa said as she waved him over towards us. He smiled at Lisa, but when we made eye contact he gave me a dirty ass look the whole time he walked towards us.When he finally reached our table we exchanged glances for a moment, until Lisa broke the silence.

"Trouble finding a table?" she said patting the chair next to her.

"Yeah sucks being the new kid." He said sitting down.

"Wadap?" he said like some kind of gangster. "I'm Andrew." He continued as he extended his hand for a handshake.

"Brandon." I said returning the favor.

"Nice to meet you." He said sitting back in his chair. I didn't even respond.

"So Andrew, did you find all your classes alright?" Lisa said making small talk. They continued talking through out the period, completely forgetting I was there until the bell rang, and they both came out of "flirty-town".

"Damn well I'll check both you later." Andrew said leaving the table and nodding at me. Lisa
was so happy she was smiling ear to ear.

"Earth to Lisa." I said waving my hand in front of her face.

"What? Oh sorry! Isn't he nice?" She said looking for my approval.

"I don't know. Not like either one of you talked to me at all."

"Oh god you're right I'm sorry! Why didn't you chime in?"

"I tried. You both were so wrapped up in 'googoo-gaagaa' land it's like I wasn't even there."

"I'm sorry Brandon... I was just trying to get to know him."

"I know its not a big deal..." I said looking downward.

"Hey wanna hang out today?" Lisa said wrapping her arm in mine.

"Of course. Where?"

"My house?"

"Sure well go after school."

"Okay" She said smiling at me.

God when will she realize I love her?
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment!