Ballad of Mona Lisa

How I miss yesterday, and I let it fade away...

[Lisa's P.O.V.]

I slowly open my eyes confused as hell. Where am I? I quickly realize I'm still in Brandon's room, naked, next to him, and naked. I smile at the memory of just a few...how ever long ago, we were making love right here. I look down, and see Brandon laying on me with his arms wrapped around my body. He is sleeping so peacefully. I gently kiss his forehead, and stroke his face. What time is it anyway? I turn my head to look at the tv cable box, and it reads 7:00. Shit we've been here for like 3 hours. Thank god his mom, and brother were out visiting family on the other side of town. I reached over to the floor feeling around for my purse, as gently as I could with out waking Brandon.

I fumbled around, and was able to pull my phone out. I had like 5 missed called from my mom, which meant I'm in trouble. I immediately called her back, and her phone went to voicemail. I hate that. I went to go put my phone back on the floor, and accidentally moved Brandon. He made random grunting, and moaning sounds as he stirred awake.
"Morning sleepy head." I said kissing his forehead again.

"Mhm." He said rubbing his eyes gently and stretching. He has the same confused expression on his face I did, but then the same joy I did. He kisses my lips sweetly, which makes me smile.

"What time is it?" he asks sleepily.

"7:00, we should get dressed I expect your mom, and Ryan will be home soon." I said gently lifting his arm up so I could slide out. He props his body up on his elbows, and watches as I gather my clothes that are scattered across the floor.

"Look what you did now I have to go on a scavenger hunt for my own clothes!" I say in a joking matter. He chuckles at my silly comment. I hate that I'm standing in front of him naked, it makes me feel so self conscious knowing he's watching me. He takes his eyes off me, and slowly gets up himself. I almost feel as if he can sense my insecurities.

"My apologies Ms Monar." He says standing behind me, and wrapping his arms around my waist and holding me close to his body. The feeling of his skin touching mine so closely makes me want more, but I know I can't have more right now so I step away and keep collecting my clothes.

"You know how stunning you are Lisa?" He said picking up his pants, and sliding each leg into them and wiggling into them.

"Hush up Urie." I said putting on my underwear, and bra. He looked at me and started shaking his head, and let out a big sigh.

"That's one thing I hate about you Lisa, you never wanna hear the truth." He said walking over and lightly kissing my face which made me smile slightly.

"You know I hate when people compliment me." I said blushing.

"Why?"

"I just never have. When you don't think somethings true it's hard to accept it when other people tell you." I said looking down realizing the sorrow in my voice.

"Well I'm never going to stop telling you my opinion." He said coming up behind me, and wrapping his arms around my waist after I put my shirt on. I put my hands on his hands, and squeezed them tightly.

"And by law of the first amendment I can't stop you from voicing that opinion, unfortunately." I said chuckling, and feeling him laugh as well.

"You ready for school tomorrow?" He asked resting his chin on my shoulder. Fuck I had completely forgot about school. What if people had heard about the whole thing? What if Andrew wasn't being forced to change schools? What if he would still be in my classes? The thoughts were so unsettling. I broke free of Brandon's grasp and walked over to the mirror. I examined my face just some bruising, healing cuts, all that can be covered with make up.

"Yeah I think I'll be okay." I say catching his eyes in the mirror, and realizing he doesn't have his shirt on. I turned to face him, and I took a really good look at him. I never noticed how attracted to him I was until now. Maybe it was the just had sex atmosphere but something about the way he is standing and looking at me was so...different. I mean I've seen brandon in a bathing suit before, and even then I thought he looked good, but he looks different in a good way.

"You look good." I said blurting out. His eyes widened, and looked down at his body.

"Oh hush up Monar!" He said mocking me from earlier.

"No seriously. You look... well hot." I said laughing.

"Oh so I wasn't hot before!" He said throwing his hands up as if he was offended.

"Not like this." I said walking closer to him, and wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Are you seducing me Ms. Monar?"

"Trying to. Why is it working?" I said smiling up at him.

"Yes." He said pulling my body against his groin, and feeling fullness in his pants. Again!

"Oh is it now." I said pulling him close to me, and kissing my lips. We started to get really intense again, until we heard the door bell and frantic noises coming from outside. Brandon walked towards the window and pulled the blinds back.

"What the hell is your mom doing here?" He said looking shocked, and so was I.

"My mother?!" I said running for the door remembering I had missed a lot of her calls. Brandon picked up his shirt and put it on as he followed me downstairs. I unlocked the door and pulled it open to reveal a paniced mother.

"LISA OH MY GOD YOU'RE OKAY!" She screamed wrapping her arms around me and hugging me closely.

"Mom whats wrong! I'm fine!" I said squeezing her and trying to calm her down.

"The police called and told me that there was a fire in the woods by the school, and they found your I.D., clothes, and school books in the fire!" She said wiping her tears.

"I thought something happened to you." She continued sobbing. Then I realized I had left all that stuff in Andrew's car. Shit. Was he trying to send a message? Where is he now?

"Mom I'm fine. It's just Andrew had that stuff in his car, and I guess thats how he's getting rid of it. It's really not a big deal I promise." I said grabbing her arm and gently squeezing it.

"I hope so but Lisa please stay in tonight. We dont know where that pyscho is, and I don't want you and Brandon going out okay?"

"Okay mom. Brandon will just drive me home later that's it."

"Okay thanks sweety. Sorry I came over in a frenzy I was just scared." She said physically relaxing.

"Don't be sorry Mom." I said hugging her, and she pulled me into a tight embrace.

"You be careful you two." She said pulling away to leave. Brandon and I closed the door as my mom got into her car and drove off.

"Guess I need a new I.D., books, and clothes." I said chuckling as I quickly locked the door.

"You think that he's trying to send you a message?" He asked ignoring my joke.

"I don't think so. I would have burned all the shit he gave me too if I didn't throw it out already."

"Maybe we should find out if he's going to school tomorrow. I don't want you to be there if he is still going to school regardless of the 300 bullshit. He's crazy Lisa, and I want you safe." He said pulling me in close to him.

"I'll be fine Brandon I promise. He probably wont be in school,and if he still is then we'll work something out. I appreciate your concern but I think I'll be fine."

"Well I need to know Lisa I can't let you go to school knowing that psycho will be there!" He said slightly raising his voice.

"Brandon it's like 7 o clock on a sunday. I don't think anyone will b around to answer our questions. We will just have to try it tomorrow." I say trying to keep my voice low so Brandon doesn't get madder. He looks down at me, and shakes his head.

"How do you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Make me happy even when I wanna be angry at you for being a boob." He said pulling me in close and wrapping his arms around my head, and I wrapped my arms around his body. He kisses my head lightly, and sighs.

"Don't be angry with me. I just don't want to fuss about it. I've been through hell in back. I can't imagine him making it any worse just by giving me a dirty look or something. He's not stupid he'll never do anything in school." I said kissing his chest.

"You're the strongest person I know Lisa. Don't ever change." He said pulling apart and looking down at me, and kissing my lips softly.

"I'll try." I say nuzzling my head into his neck.

"Brandon. Can you do me a favor?" I said having a sudden memory to something that I realized needed to be fixed.

"Sure honey anything." He said looking at me with concern. I discussed my problem, and he grabbed his keys and we were off.

We sat in his car listening to music, and singing. When Brandon said 'don't ever change' I realized I needed to change from the person I was for a while. I hate that person now, she's a dumb bitch, who hurt a lot of people. If I was going to change I had to be able to make amends with my past, and I had done that for the most part, but there was still something missing.

Brandon and I drove for about 45 minutes, and reached our destination. We drove around the paved road ways until we found where we belonged. I was really going to do this wasn't I.
"You want me to come?" Brandon said as I unbuckled my seatbelt.

"Not now. Stay for now please." I asked grabbing his hand.

"Of course. I'll be right here."

"Thank you." I said kissing his lips, and exiting his car.
I stepped out of the car, and closed the door behind me. I stepped onto the grass row, and followed it until about the middle of the row. I passed many names, until I found the one I was looking for, my father.

As I gazed down at the bronze plaque that had my father's name, birthday, and day of death engraved in it. It also read, 'In memory of John, a loving son, and great friend.'. It didn't say a wonderful father though, which was true. He wasn't a good father, but he tried. It's not his fault my mom had a restraining order on him, and I guess it's not her fault either. I just wish he would have made it that christmas day to see me. I would have told him everything that was wrong about everything he did, or didn't do. I wish I could have just said my peace with him, but I'll never get to. And because of Andrew I will never get to see my father again. I should have gone to his wake, but Andrew told me it was stupid so I didn't go. The thought makes me sick.

I kneel down, on the floor in front of the head stone. It was an unsettling feeling knowing my dad was 6 feet below me in a coffin.
"Hey dad." I say out loud, because for some reason I feel like he can hear me.

"It's me. Lisa. Your daughter."

"I'm sorry I haven't seen you in a while..."

"I remember the day you left, the last time I saw you. It was at night before I went to bed. You came in and tucked me in to bed. You gave me a kiss on the forehead, and said 'I love you Lisa. Please don't forget that, or me.'. You left my room, and then I heard you and mom yelling. Then the worst sound ever, I heard the front door slam shut, and your car start. The next morning you were gone." I said feeling tears prick in my eyes.

"You know I hated you for years because of it? Hell I still do, kind of. I needed you, and you left me with crazy mom. I know it's not your fault, now, but then I hated you like no other. And now I hate myself, for hating you. I wish I tried and reached out to you, and just heard you talk to me one more time." I said as tears violently flow down my face, and my vision becomes blurred.

"I'm sorry I didn't go to your wake. It was my fault, and I wish I did. When mom told me you were trying to get in contact with me, and that you were on your way to see me, well I secretly lit up inside. No matter what happened, you will always be my dad, and as much as I did hate you, I love you twice as much. People make mistakes, I've made mine, mom's made hers, and you made yours. The only thing I can say is I forgive you, and you'll always be in my heart no matter what." I said now sobbing. This was so cathartic. I had never said any of this out loud before, and now I feel like I'm talking to him, and he can hear me.

"I love you dad, and I will never forget you." I said running my fingers over his name.

I stand up and walk back to Brandon's car. Now that I have fixed all of the demons from my past. I can move on to a better future. I wish I had that conversation with my dad in person, but I have to take what I can. I'm glad I came today, and I plan on coming often now. I think I'll be okay now.