Cover Girl

The Stress Card

I heard the whole thing. The way this guy talked to her worried me.

“You mind telling me what that was about?” I asked.

“What, what was about?”

She’s playing dumb.

“Oh I don’t know; the demanding, anger, and threats.” I clarified.

“T-That w-was,” the excuses are coming.

She cleared her throat and stood a little straighter.

“He’s been stressed lately and me leaving only upset him more.”

Oh the stress card.

“Really, what’s wrong with him?”

“A lot of stuff is going on with him with work and stuff. I really don’t wanna talk about it. It’s not my place to say.” I frowned at her.

I remained silent and she huffed annoyed.

“Say something,” she demanded.

“I have nothing to say,” I clarified.

“Whatever,” she mumbled.

I didn’t know what to say, this was so different for me. To see Dallas this way and hear a girl talked to that way. I didn’t like it.

“Do you wanna watch a movie or something?” I tried changing the subject and she shrugged.

“Sure,” she sat down and I walked over to the entertainment center.

I started listing off the movies and waited for something she wanted to watch. We finally settled on (500) Days of Summer and I popped it in before sitting down.

I got it after Logan said he watched it and that chicks love it. I hadn’t even seen it yet to be honest.

Soon the once tense atmosphere left and it was replaced with a comfortable one. It reminded me of high school again. When Dallas would come over on Saturday nights and we spent it cuddled up with popcorn and soda and with some comedy on screen that we weren’t even paying attention to. I sighed in content. I didn’t realize how much I missed this; missed Dallas.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment & Subscribe
-Neche Narcissist