Cover Girl

The Kendall Thing

I ran around the apartment cleaning everything up. I was really starting to regret my life motto: life’s too short to be organized.

I take it back. Life’s too short to spend time trying to clean up when friends are coming over.

I just finished tossing the last dirty shirt under my bed when I heard a knock on the door. She’s here. I took a deep breath and went to the door. I opened it with a smile but it soon dropped. Dallas was looking down at her shoes and was biting her nails nervously.

Dallas never bits her nails.

I gentle grabbed her hand and pulled it away from her mouth and she jumped.

“You okay?”

“Y-Yeah, sorry you scared me,” she chuckled nervously.

“Come in,” I lightly pulled her in and shut the door behind her.

I motioned to everything.

“Make yourself at home, something to drink?”

“Water would be cool,” I nodded and went to the kitchen and came back with two water bottles.

When I returned she was on the couch looking around at everything. I took a seat beside her and handed her the water.

“Nice place,”

“Thanks, so what’s up?”

“Nothing much,” she looked down and twisted the cap on the water bottle nervously.

“Seriously Dallas, something is up. What’s going on?”

She looked up at me and bit her lip.

“Work?” I asked and she shook her head. “Uh school?” I didn’t know if she was still going to one or not.

Again she shook her head.

“Dallas,” I sighed and she looked up with wide eyes.

“I’m sorry, don’t be mad,” she sounded frightened.

I cocked a brow at her confused and shook my head.

“I’m not mad I jus- I wanna help but you’re not giving me much,” she nodded slowly and stared at a spot on my couch.

“My boyfriend, Brody and I, got into a little argument.”

I let that sink in.

“About what?”

“About- it was stupid. I shouldn’t have pissed him off.”

“Excuse me?”

I shouldn’t have pissed him off. That phrase didn’t sit right with me.

“I was texting you and he got a little upset.”

“How did he know you were texting me?”

“He grabbed my phone and-“

“He grabbed your phone?”

“Well yeah and-“ she stopped herself and looked up at me before shaking her head rapidly. “No it’s not like that.”

“Like what?”

“Like you’re thinking!”

“You are a mind reader now? I did not know,” I smirked trying to lighten the mood but she was too upset.

“Kendall,” she warned.

“What?”

“He’s not like that.”

“Whatever you say,” I held up my hands in defense.

“Exactly, what I say because I know my boyfriend and mines relationship and no one else does, especially you.”

“I didn’t say I knew it,” I stated calmly.

“Argh! Don’t do that!” She stood up angrily.

“Do what?”

“Tha-That Kendall thing that you do!”

“I wasn’t aware there was a Kendall thing that I do.” I smiled.

“That,” she pointed at me, “Right there is the thing. You just stay so calm even when I am mad at you,” she stomped her foot like a child and I couldn’t help but laugh.

She cracked a smile.

“God I am acting like a child aren’t I?”

“No,” I smiled, “you’re acting like my Dallas.”
♠ ♠ ♠
-le sigh- oh Kendall how I love thee.

Comment & Subscribe
-Neche Narcissist