Uncontrolled Chaos

Pillow Fighting, And Asking Questions.

The next few days went by quickly. I spent most of it with Derrik and Jake, playing video games, or I'd sit in the living room, drawing or writing while they played video games.

In the past few days, I've gotten close to them. Derrik was becoming a big brother to me. We established he was a year older then me the day after we went to the mall. Jake was becoming like a best friend to me. I felt like I could talk to him about anything. It was odd, especially since I met him, not even a week ago, and I'd become this close to someone, that fast. I really didn't think it was possible.

That and the fact that I'd never been close to someone, so I was new at it. He knew it. He found out a lot of things about me.

I am physically, mentally over-obsessed with you.
I'm such a sad, sad sight. It's such a cold, cold night.


I heard my phone ringing.

I leaned over to the table, picking it up, to see Nick's caller ID. I smiled. That was another thing. Nick and I had gotten close, also. He called me every night, before I went to bed. And every morning, before he went to school. It was sweet, actually.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, I think I'm at the right house. I'm not sure."

"Alright, let me go see."

I got up, and walked to the front door. I opened it, and surely enough, there was Nick, with his mustang.

"Come inside." I smiled, then hung up the phone.

I waited at the door, as he climbed out of his car, and walked up to meet me.

"Hi." I said, smiling.

"Hey, Skybear." He smiled back.

"Let's go inside, shall we?" I smiled, and walked inside, him trailing behind.

I walked into the living room, "Nick, this is my brother Derrik." I pointed over to Derrik, yeah. I called him my brother, he might as well be. Derrik smiled, and waved at him, then focused back on his game.

"And this is my friend, Jake." I pointed to Jake. Jake took one glance at him, waved slightly, then went back to the game.

"Guys, this is Nick." Nick smiled. "Derrik, where's Taylor?" "Kitchen." He said, pointing to it.

Yeah, I still called her Taylor, I didn't see her as my mom, she was more like a friend. Just a really protective one, that took good care of me.

I walked into the kitchen, to see Taylor sitting on the floor with Mercedes, playing. "Taylor," I started, "This is Nick." She smiled, and stood up, picking up Mercedes in the process. "Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Taylor" She stuck her hand out, for him to shake.

He took it, then smiled, "Nice to meet you, too."

"We'll be upstairs." I headed up the stairs, "Leave your door open!" I heard her yell. "Don't worry, I will." I yelled back.

I showed him where the bathroom was, then walked into my room, and sat on my bed.

I looked him, as he was walking around my small room, looking at everything, realizing in that moment, how attractive he actually was.

He had the dirty blonde hair, the dark piercing green eyes, the tan, muscular body, and the sweet, genuine smile, with the perfectly straight, white teeth.

"So, you like it here?" He broke the silence.

I nodded my head, "Yeah."

"Does Jake live with you guys?" He said, quietly.

I shook my head, "No. He lives a few blocks away, but he's here almost everyday, we haven't started school." I explained, looking over at him.

He slowly nodded his head, "I see. You guys close?" He wasn't looking at me, instead, down at the things in my dresser. 'Why is he all of a sudden interested in who I am, and aren't close to?

"Yeah. He's become a really good friend." I looked down at the ground.

I felt my bed move, and looked over to see he had sat down next to me.

"Look, Skylar. I'm really sorry."

"It's fine, no--"

"No," He cut me off. "Not about your mom, well, yes about your mom. But more so about everything I put you through, since fourth grade."

I didn't say anything as he looked over at me, "I really am sorry. If I could, I'd go back and change it all."

I shrugged, 'Wow, I do that a lot.' "It's okay."

He shook his head, "No. It's not. I put you through hell, I don't even know why I did. I just...I don't know..." He trailed off, looking at the ground.

I put my finger under his chin, making him look at me. "It's okay. I mean, at least you're apologizing, right? It's the most anyone's done."

This time, it was his turn to shrug, "Yeah, I guess so."

I smiled over at him, "So, how's school without me?"

"Miserable. I miss watching you space off in Trig, everyday." He smirked slightly, as I felt my cheeks turn red. "Y'know, I always wondered what was going on in that pretty little head of yours." I felt my cheeks burning even more. I looked down, embarrassed,

"Me? Pretty? Right." I said, my voice tainted with sarcasm.

"Oh, but you are." He smiled over at me, making my eyes shift nervously, I couldn't look at him, not with him saying all this.

A few minutes later, I looked up at him, to see him smiling sweetly at me.

Then suddenly, I grabbed a pillow, knocking him in the head with it.

"Hey! What was that for!?" He growled slightly, with a huge grin spread over his face.

"For being such a hopeless romantic." He looked over at me, fake shock written all over his face. He covered his heart, causing him to look even more offended. "I am not hopeless, I'm actually VERY hopeful!" He said, putting emphasis on 'very'.

I smiled, "Hopeful for what?"

"No, you hit me with a pillow, I don't think you deserve to know." He smirked.

I held up my pillow, threateningly, "I'll just have to beat it out of you, then."

He looked at me, suspiciously, "You wouldn't."

"Try me."

We stared at each other, goofy grins plastered on our faces, for a while.

Then I hit him directly in the face with my pillow.

"Hey!" He screamed, then grabbed my other pillow, whacking me in the stomach with it.

I tried dodging it, but instead, I managed to fall flat on my face, onto the hard floor.

Nick immediately burst into laughter, as I laid on the ground, groaning.

"Sk-sk-skyeb-skyebear. Are y-you oka-okay?" He said, in between fits of laughter.

I rolled over onto my back, groaning.

I looked over, to see him literally rolling on his back, laughing.

Then I sat up, "It's not that funny."

"I-i'm sorry." He sat up, across from me, still laughing slightly.

I crossed my arms, "No, I'm mad at you."

He looked at me, pouting. "But Skyyyeeebbbeeaarrr. I said I was sorry."

I shook my head, "No. I could have broken something, and all you did was laugh! That's extremely rude."

"I'm sorry, Skyebear. Are you okay?" He continued to pout.

I huffed, "I guuuueessssss." I said, all dramatic like.

He smiled, "Will a hug make it any better?"

"Maybe, maybe not."

And then he tackled me, to the ground, hugging me.

I smiled, and hugged back, I loved feeling his arms around me, 'This is the kid who's picked on you since fourth grade, what the hell are you doing!?' My brain screamed at me.

In all honesty, I didn't know what I was doing. I just knew that whatever it was, it felt right.

I don't know how long we laid there, hugging, but when he pulled away, I wanted more. I wanted to feel his arms around me, I loved it.

"So, you never answered my question." I smiled over at him.

"Which was?" He asked.

"What are you hopeful for?"

"Well," He started to fidget with the hem of his shirt, nervously.

Nick? Nervous? My world's been turned upside down.

"I was wondering, if you'd like to, maybe, possibly, go out with me next Saturday. I mean you don't have to, but I'd like it."

I was shocked, I didn't know what to say-well, yes of course, but did he really want to?

I grinned over at him, "I'd like that."