Status: Completed with Readers: 180; Subscribers: 54; Comments: 70; Stars: 7

I Myself Am Strange and Unusual

Still Dreaming

I let out a shaky sigh as I knocked on the door of Matty and Jona's flat. Jona was always like a mother bear and Matty was like a protective dad, so I figured I should start here. "Aye mate! How have yeh been?" Matty greeted from the door. "Come on in! Bring yeh bird inside!"

"Fanks mate," I cheered, walking in with Audrey. We walked into the living room and I plopped down on the love seat. Audrey sat beside me, rubbing my thigh lovingly.

"It's alright, babe. You've got this," she whispered.

"Don't go soft on me," I joked back.

Jona came in from the kitchen, plopping down on the couch next to Matty. "How've yeh been, mate? I haven't heard from yeh since yeh took off weeks ago. I thought yeh were dead," he joked.

"Ha," I attempted to chuckle, but it only sounded like a nervous cough. I rubbed the back of my neck uneasily.

"So, how were yeh friends?"

"They were-"

Audrey shot me a look and I immediately cut off my sentence. She hates liars my head echoed.

"I didn't go see them. Actualleh, that's why I came here. I need to tell yeh both somefing."

Jona frowned, instantly becoming serious. "What is it? Yeh know yeh can tell us."

"Well, uhm, when I, uhm, this is hard for me to say..."

Audrey smiled lightly, enlacing her hand with my own. It was such a small gesture, but it had an incredible effect, like her voice in the ambulance the first day I met her.

"I tried to kill mehself when I was in America. When I left, I never wanted to come back. I drove the rental right off a cliff. I was propa depressed and I was jus' done wiff life." I looked up to the two of them on the couch. Jona nodded slowly, taking it all in. Matty sat there with his mouth agape.

"I'm so sorreh," Matty said. "I'm sorreh we weren't there fo' yeh mate. We love yeh so much. What made yeh want to do that?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. It's weird. It's like, have yeh evah had an enormous pressure on yeh chest, like all yeh thoughts were tryin' to crush you wiff the weight of yeh own words? It bloodeh sucks."

"I'm so sorreh yeh had to go through with that, mate." Jona sighed, "I'm even more sorreh yeh feel like yeh had to go through that alone. We're always here for yeh. We love yeh."

Matty smiled, "yea, I'm so glad yeh didn't die, as weird as that sounds. Come here! Give us a hug!"

I laughed as I got up and went over, being tackled into the couch by Jona and Matt. "Get off me Weinhofen and Nicholls!"

"Nevah!" They chanted back, chuckling.

I finally managed to squeeze out of their grasps and return next to Audrey.

"So, are yeh goin; to introduce us to this bird yeh have sitting on out cough?" Matty asked.

"This is Audrey. She's one of the paramedics that saved my life. Somehow I managed to get her to come back home wiff me."

"So yeh kidnapped her?"

Audrey winked, placing her hand on my thigh. "I came rather willing."

Jona grinned, "good on yeh, mate! What happened to Sarah?"

"Well..." I chuckled, looking at Audrey.

Audrey smirked, "she's either still unconscious on Lee's floor or at a hospital getting checked for a concussion."

"What?" Matt laughed out. "Lee, yeh finalleh found a keeper! I like this bird!"

"Fanks mate. She is propa brill."

"And way bettah looking, if I may say." Jona smiled. "I'm glad yeh got someone who deserves yeh."

"So," Matty sighed into the back of the couch. "Does anyone else know, or is it just me and Weinhofen?"

"Just yeh two, but I was plannin' on tellin' Vegan and Olleh aftah."

Matt looked over and Jona uneasily. "I fink yeh should go tell Olleh. Don't worry about Vegan. We'll tell him."

I nodded. I could understand their worry. Oli was the one I was most frightened to tell as well. He always seemed so much higher on a pedestal than me.

Audrey rubbed my knee, smiling at my two band mates. "We were just heading over to Oli's, weren't we?"

"Huh? Oh, yea," I mumbled. "Fanks fo' understandin' guys. I realleh do appreciate it."

"No probem mate," Jona smiled. "Good luck wiff Oli."

Audrey jumped up and tackled Matt and Jona on the couch. "Sorry!" She laughed. "It just looked like so much fun when Lee did it so I had too!"

"Yeh funny!" Matt laughed, ushering Audrey to the door. "Get out of here yeh two!"

Audrey linked her arm with mine before dragging me towards the car. "Do we realleh have to go to Olleh's now? That was stressful enough."

She smiled lightly and kissed me on the lips before getting in the car. I sighed and got in, starting the engine. "Yes you do," she grinned. "You feel so much better now. You'll feel way better after it's finally off your chest."

I sighed and begrudgingly headed to Oli's. This should be a shit show and a half.
♠ ♠ ♠
Meow. Oli's up next. Not too bad so far.
Thank you dirty mind. andteenage z0mbie for commenting!
After commenting on this chapter, you guys should CLICK HERE and go vote for what story you would like me to write next! I'd really appreciate it!