Moving On

It's About Time

For someone who hasn’t lasted in a relationship for long than three months, Cody sure knows a lot about them. I’m starting to think that he wants to help us now. Before he wanted nothing to do with it; he was too worried about us still being friends. For now, we’re on good terms; we just have to get Vince back in line.

How long does it take someone to forgive me? It feels like it has been weeks since I’ve even seen Vince. I hate that Cody has to be in the middle of this. He’s looking out for me for Vince and vice versa. Even though I’m told not to, I still feel bad.

“Well...?” I’ve become impatient.
“He has something for you.”
“What did he buy me?”
“I don’t even know. He wouldn’t tell me. I went with him once or twice to look at a couple... things. I was just told to “escort you” to this place.” We were parked in the lot right outside PNC Park. “He has tickets for you and me for tonight’s game. Said he wanted us to spend the day in the city. You know, just a couple of friends hanging out and then he’ll meet us at the game.”

I didn’t know what to say.

I paused. “Oh, so what are we going to do?”
“Maybe hit up a bar or something.” He laughed.
I elbowed him and laughed. “So funny. Ha. Ha.”
“I know, I’m hilarious.” He stopped in mid-thought, which is always scary. “Oh hey, you know where we haven’t been for a while? Primanti’s!”

I could always go for a good burger and Primanti’s is the place to go. Plus all of Cody’s friends seemed to work there so they always hit us up good.

After we ate, we just walked around the city enjoying it’s beauty. We walked up to Mellon Square, which was one of my favorite spots downtown.

“I love this city. It’s so beautiful.”
Turning to face me he added, “Makes a perfect match for someone as beautiful as you.”

As we made eye contact, I could feel this strange connection come between us.

I had to relieve the tension. “Well, I guess we should... get going.”
“Yeah... sorry about that.”

I never really liked Cody as more than just a best friend. It’s just that he cares for me so much that makes me basically “fall in love” with him. His pick-up lines were always horrible. All except this one; this one actually made sense.

---

We met Vince in front of the center field gate and walked into the stadium up to our seats. Well, this is weird. First, Cody took me to Primanti’s for lunch then we went to Mellon Park. Now, we are sitting in the same exact seats as the very first game Vince took me to when we first started dating. This was exactly the same thing we all did when Vince and I first started dating. What does Vince have planned up his sleeve?

---

The Pittsburgh Pirates were playing the Boston Red Sox.

WAIT A MINUTE. This is the same team... They both know I hate the Red Sox. Vince and Cody were having conversations with each other throughout the whole game, but I couldn’t make out what they were saying. The only thing I got from their conversation was “seventh inning”.

When the seventh inning came up, I saw Vince get up and he gave a head nod to someone. He reached for something in his pocket.

Oh my God.

In his hand, a little black box. Turning to face me, he sat back down. “Olivia.”
“Vince.”
“I’ve been thinking these past couple weeks, and I’m sorry about everything. I shouldn’t have taking things way out of hand. I need to learn to control my rage when it comes you making a mistake.” He fumbled around the box in his hands. “I’ve also came to realize that, despite a few flaws, you’re still perfect to me.”

He stood up and then got down on one knee. “Olivia Bishop.”
I could feel tears come to my eyes. Good tears. Happy tears. He opened the little box.
I had no words.
“I never realized how great these past four years have been.”

Come on, damnit.

“My dad’s always told me to find that one special someone who makes me completely happy, and that’s you. And I would do anything and everything to stay and keep you happy.”
“Ask her already, damnit.” Cody yelled from beside us.
“Olivia, will you...” he started and I interrupted with a loud “YES!” as I jumped up.
As we kissed, Cody made another snide remark. “I think he’s suppose to finish the question before you answer.”