‹ Prequel: What Can I Say?

Stay

Hurtful

”You don't know what you got till you're missing it a lot. I had to go throw it away. I was wrong from the start from the bottom of my heart I apologize. What I did to you was hurtful. What I'm going through is hurtful. I used to bide my time I used to beat around the bush. I'd rather give my ego another push. I used to be a fool It was a foolish game I played. And it's a fool's faith counting mistakes I made. Once I had it right it was all too late.” – Erik Hassel

It didn’t take long for Melody to pack all of her belongs at Nick’s house. She had found a new apartment rather quickly and it was perfect for her. Nick wasn’t at the house while Karen and Joe helped Melody pack. He said he wasn’t going to sit and watch her give up on their relationship. Every time she passed the nursery Melody would feel her throat close as the need to sob almost stopped her in her tracks. She refused to look in the room and asked Karen to retrieve one thing from there. A baby blanket her mother had given her as a child. Everything else Nick could take care of, for all Melody cared. The last box was placed on the moving truck they had rented and Melody took one last look inside the house she had shared with Nick. It looked the same as when she had first been here. Everything was in its place and it looked as if there had never been a girl living there. Joe drove Melody to her new apartment and helped her unload the boxes.

“That’s the last one.” Joe said setting the box down.

“Thank you, Joe.’ Melody said smiling at him.

“Of course. Call any of us if you need help. You and Nick might not be together anymore but you are still part of our family.” Joe replied giving Melody a tight hug. “I love you, Melody.”

“I love you too, Joe.”

It took the next two days to unpack and organize all of Melody’s things but it was just enough work to make her forget everything that had happened. Feeling accomplished after a hard day of unpacking Melody had settled onto her couch to watch TV and maybe catch up on everything she had been missing the past few days by going on the computer. Deciding to check on one of the gossip sites she sometimes went on for a few good laughs Melody scrolled through the site reading over a few articles about new celeb divorces.

On the second page of the site Melody got her first glimpse of Nick’s new girlfriend. The caption read ‘Nick Jonas spotted once again with model.’ She had long brown hair perfectly curled to go along with her tight jeans and low cut top. They looked like the perfect Hollywood couple. Now Melody understood why Nick would agree to this. She was perfect, she was everything Melody wasn’t; she wasn’t just a model but also an up and coming actress according to the article that went along with the pictures.

After learning the girls name Melody had to look her up and see more of her photos. Melody was surprised to find many pictures of this girl with barley any clothing on. After looking at a couple of pictures Melody had to put the computer away. Melody still had her pregnant belly; it had only gone away slightly, leaving Melody very self-conscious.

Setting the computer aside Melody walked over to her new piano and started to play. It didn’t take Melody long to have a song in her head waiting to be written down. It was an angry song but it put everything she felt down.

”This story starts when it was hot and it was summer and I had it all, had him right there were I wanted him.”

**
As soon as Nick saw his empty house he had to get a drink. At first it was just to sooth the pain then it was all about the familiar feeling of ease. He felt like he was at the top of the world. A feeling that had gotten him into trouble on many occasions in the past. Picking up his cell phone he called his new friend. He needed some company and he knew she would come. A half an hour later there was a knock at his door. Standing just outside it was a beautiful brunette two bottles of liquor in her hands; a request of Nick’s.

“Hello.” Nick said eyeing the bottles in her perfectly manicured hands.

“Hello Nicholas.”

She called him by his full first name; something that had always bothered Nick. She had an air of superiority around her that had annoyed Nick from day one. Nick could look past that long enough to be around her during their time together.

“Should we open these?” She asked with a sweet smile.

Nick took the now open bottle from her hands and took a long drink straight from the bottle. She watched amused as Nick took another long drink.

“Everything alright Nicholas?”

“As a matter of fact, no.” Nick said his words already slurring together. “I was just dumped by the girl I had planned on marrying.”

“I’m sorry to hear that.”

Nick knew she was lying, but was too drunk to care. They finished the first bottle quickly and had both drank enough to have impaired judgment. Nick didn’t stop her as she lead him back to his room a seductive smile plastered on her perfect face. Their hands urgently removed each other’s clothing as they stumbled into the room. She pushed Nick back onto his bed before she climbed on top of him straddling his waist. Nick looked up at the beautiful brunette and tried to picture Melody instead of the women in front of him. Soon the room was filled with their heavy breathing and loud moans. Nick kept his eyes shut tight to keep from ruining the illusion of making love to Melody instead of with another woman.

When it was all over Nick felt disgusted with himself. Quickly pulling on his boxers Nick left the room to shower. The hot water felt great on his aching body. He knew she would waiting for him to get out of the shower but he couldn’t bring himself to shut off the water. Half of him hoped she would leave before he got out of the shower.

He stayed in the shower until it was ice cold, even then he didn’t leave, but of course he couldn’t keep her waiting for much longer. She was waiting in the living room, in one of Nick’s shirts and nothing else, holding the rest of the second bottle that had yet to be consumed by them. He quickly put on a pair of shorts before joining her in finishing the rest of the bottle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I don't know how I feel about this one. I hope you guys like it though. Anyway comment!
P.S. I don't know what I want to name the girl Nick is with. I want it to be an interesting one, any ideas?