Anything for Us

Through your eyes and just,

“And that’s another three pointer from Lewis for The Huskies!”

I grinned and high-fived Zach, jogging up the court as the opposing point guard went behind the baseline to throw. It’s the beginning of November and my basketball team are playing a friendly non-serious game against one of our local rival schools, Seward Park High School, just to warm up before the season starts for real in December. So far my team are winning 18 to 12, but we can do better than this. Hell, we’ve been the best team in the state for the past two years (since Zack and I tried out in freshman year) and I’m not about to let that slip any time soon.

“Bowler has it…stripped by Collins…ahead to Lewis…and he shoots another 3 pointer in for The Huskies. 21 to 12,"

That's more like it.

"Emmerson to Peters...on the drive, Keagan Jones buckets it for The Huskies,”

I wiped the sweat from my forehead, grinning. 23 to 12. Between my 3 point shots and our small forward Keagan Jones's free-throws, we’re dominating. And there is under a minute left on the clock. We can do this. We can so do this. Seward Park won’t know what hit them. I glanced over my shoulder to where our cheerleaders were standing, grinning as Dakota blew me a kiss. I winked and jumped in the air, intercepting a shot from the other team’s point guard, quickly throwing it to Zach.

“Collins has it…ooh he falls and nearly loses his play…but Jones goes back door and sinks it,”

Fuck we’re good. 25 to 12. We can definitely do this. I ran up the court as the opposing centre grabbed the ball from our shooting guard Emmerson, but I didn’t block him in time to stop him passing it to their small forward and scoring. Fuck.

“The Bears land a welcome basket, thanks to Unwin!”

25 to 14. We can still do this. I ran back down the court as Zach, our power forward, threw the ball from the baseline, going straight to our small forward, Jones. Jones tried to throw it to Emmerson, our shooting guard, but the opposing team intercepted.

Okay, Emmerson is going to get verbal abuse from our coach after the game. To be fair, this is his first ever game, one of our only freshman this year, but still. He isn't even a starting player. And we can’t lose.

Then our point guard Peters took the ball off the opposing team and so I got up to the three-point line. He spotted me and grinned, shooting the ball my way. Without hesitating I shot the ball towards the net…and in! Fuck yeah!

“Another 3 pointer by Lewis!”

28 to 14. Fuck yeah! 3…2…1…

The buzzer sounded sharply, signalling the end of the game. Fuck yeah! I scored the last basket!

“28 to 14, The Huskies win!”

I whooped and thrust my fist in the air, and hugged Zach tightly. I laughed as someone jumped onto my back, knowing it was Dakota without even turning around. I smiled and shook hands graciously with the players of the opposite team, ignoring how Dakota was smiling into my neck until we were in the changing rooms. As soon as I sat down on the bench in front of my locker, Dakota swung himself around so he was straddling my waist and pressed his lips firmly against mine. Our little celebration.

“Knock it off, lover boy. We need to shower,” Zach laughed, whipping Dakota with his towel.

Dakota broke the kiss with a scowl, but I just smiled.

“Go on, I’ll see you after. Go and keep Hendrix, my dad and Scott company, or something,” I shrugged.

“Okay!” Dakota beamed, pecking my lips again.

As Dakota ran out of the changing room, Zach raised an eyebrow at me. I chose to ignore him. I deserved that kiss – I played damn hard and I earned it.

20 minutes later, I was showered and dressed, so I headed out into the parking lot with Zach by my side. Yasmin and Dakota were waiting for us by the entrance.

“Great game, baby,” Yasmin said proudly, linking her hand with Zach’s.

Zach just grinned and pressed his lips to hers, making us laugh.

“Your dad’s waiting by his car with Scott and Hendrix. Said he wants to talk to us about something?” Dakota announced.

“Sure thing,” I smiled.

Dakota beamed and started rambling about how their cheers were so much better than the cheers of the other team’s cheerleaders’, talking all the way across the parking lot to where my dad’s car was parked coincidently next to Zach’s.

“Hey dad. Scott. Hendrix,” I nodded, smiling and Hendrix hugged me quickly before stepping backwards.

“Angel! Amazing game, son, as always,” my dad beamed.

I laughed as he hugged me, tightly hugging back. We may not have all that much in common apart from the fact that we both like to fuck guys, but he’s been here for me throughout the tough times of high school and he always listens to me when I need him most. So that’s what counts.

“I haven’t seen any player with a 3 pointer accuracy like yours in years,” Scott commented.

“Are you trying to flatter me or something?” I teased.

Scott blushed, rapidly shaking his head. I laughed. I shouldn’t have teased.

“I’m joking, it’s fine. My three pointers might be good but I need to work on my alley-oops,” I said seriously.

“I can always help out if you wanted some practice outside school. I played basketball in high school,” Scott offered.

“And then you stopped growing so you quit?” I mused.

Scott blushed again. 5ft 10 isn’t short for a man by any means, but it is short in basketball. Hell, at 6ft 7 I probably still have some growing to do. I blame that on my 7ft anomaly Uncle.

“Alright, enough teasing Scott. I’m taking you out to dinner to celebrate – Dakota, Hendrix, Yasmin, Zach, would you like to join us?” my dad asked.

Dakota grinned and nodded, leaning into my side, Hendrix nodding shyly too. Anything to get out of spending time at home where their mom could possibly criticise them.

“Sorry Sir, but we already have plans with my family,” Zach apologised.

“Thank you for inviting us though,” Yasmin added, smiling.

“You kids have fun,” my dad laughed.

We all got into our cars, me sitting on the right of Dakota while Hendrix sat on his other side. Soon enough we pulled up outside one of Joaquin’s restaurants, and both Dakota and Hendrix groaned.

“What? I like the food,” my dad beamed.

“Joaquin always teases me when he sees me in my cheer uniform,” Dakota grumbled in my ear.

“And he always ruffles my hair like I’m a pet puppy,” Hendrix whined.

“I’ll sit at the end of the booth so he can’t reach you. Happy?” I mused.

The half-brothers beamed at me. Well that was easy.

I grimaced as my dad and Scott shared a lingering kiss – they should save that sappy shit for private places – and got out the car quickly. I don’t know about them, but I’m fucking starving!

*

“Are you sure you don’t mind us staying the night?” Hendrix asked shyly.

“Of course not! Joaquin said himself that your mom is out of town for a few days, and I can’t just leave you alone to fend for yourselves! Stay as long as you want!” My dad said cheerfully.

Huh. This explains why Scott drove us home. My dad’s a little drunk. Oh well. I might be able to get some good blackmail footage out of this before he starts groping Scott.

“Angel, I’m tired. Can we go to bed?” Dakota yawned.

Scrap blackmailing my dad.

“Of course, Kota,” I said softly, brushing his fringe from his eyes.

When Dakota’s sleepy, he gets all cute and cuddly like a little woodland creature. So adorable.

“Come on, ‘Drix. I’ll show you to a guest room,” I announced.

The younger boy nodded and followed us upstairs. I got a set of pyjamas for Hendrix (one of the sets that I have for Dakota whenever he stays overnight) and took him to the guest room opposite from my bedroom when he was changed.

“If you need anything, just knock on my door, okay? I won’t mind,” I told him, smiling from the doorway.

“Okay. Thanks Angel,” he said softly.

I smiled a little more and turned off the light, closing the door after myself. Walking back into my bedroom, I noticed Dakota was already in my bed, so I stripped down to my boxers and joined him.

“Thanks for looking after my brother. You didn’t have to,” Dakota murmured.

“He’s a sweet kid. I wanted to,” I shrugged.

Dakota snuggled into my body as I got comfortable, letting my wrap my arms around him to hold him close.

“Don’t know what I’d do without you,” Dakota mumbled, “Night Angel,”

I waited until I heard his soft snores to press a kiss to the top of his head.

“Night, Dakota,”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know high school basketball tryouts aren’t until the end of November (mostly) but I had to tweak it slightly to fit with the story. Don’t hate.
This was just a little fun one to show the dynamics of Angel’s family involved with Dakota’s family (they grew up together because Angel’s dad, Angel’s mom and Dakota’s mom are all in the same industry, just so you know).
The next one introduces Dakota’s mom!

Thank you to everyone who commented on the last chapter! Please keep commenting your feedback, I love it! =] 139 subs and 62 comments? Come on guys ;)

TearsOfTheHeart7
Mikey Whiskey Hands.
IComeAliveAtNight
JessicStar
Lazz
miss.sobriety (haha that’s true, he does secretly love Angel – he just doesn’t show it very well!)
pixie dusttt.
SarahStack
Artistic Difference
call me by your name
BeautifullyTattooed

xo