Anything for Us

Run away from everything.

A week passed after our basketball friendly game, making tomorrow a very important date. Dakota’s 17th birthday. If his birthday party last year is anything to go by, this year’s will be epic. He hasn’t decided what he’s doing yet, but that doesn’t matter. Every party is spontaneous around here. Today’s a Friday, so straight after school finished, I got Scott to drop me off at Dakota’s house with him and Hendrix, and the three of us went to the living room to watch a movie – it’s Dakota’s birthday weekend, he gets to choose what we do. Around 5pm, Joaquin came over too for a while before he had to go to work, and sat down with us.

Once the movie came to a close, I looked down at Dakota.

“What do you want to do for your birthday, Kota?” I asked, running my fingers through his hair.

What? I might as well ask bluntly. Dakota lifted his head from where it was resting on my chest, and smiled at me.

“I’m not sure. I don’t think I want a party though,” Dakota shrugged.

“You don’t?” Hendrix asked, surprised.

“No…I…Would you mind if I just had a dinner?” Dakota asked, still looking at me.

“Well I’m sure we can make reservations somewhere, um…” I started.

“No, like, a home-cooked dinner,” Dakota interrupted.

My eyebrows shot up. What’s gotten in to him?

“I can cook if you want,” Joaquin offered.

“If you don’t mind?” Dakota asked, biting his bottom lip.

“No, of course I don’t! It’s your birthday! How many am I cooking for?” Joaquin smiled.

I do love that Joaquin would do anything and drop anything for his half-brothers.

“Just family,” Dakota replied.

My smiled dropped slightly. What?

“Just family?” Hendrix echoed, sneaking a glance at me.

Shit. He saw my expression change. Sneaky little kid.

“Yeah. Us four and mom,” Dakota nodded.

Us four…that includes me!

“You want me there for family?” I asked hesitantly.

“You are family, Angel. I thought you knew that,” Dakota said sweetly.

I really had to fight not to blush at that one.

“Mom’s still in her office I think – why don’t you go tell her about tomorrow night before she disappears?” Hendrix suggested.

Their mom is here? Fuck, I haven’t seen her the whole time!

“Great idea! Angel, come with me?” Dakota asked.

How could I say no to those puppy dog eyes?

The two of us headed upstairs to his mom’s office on the third floor of the house, a sacred hallowed ground that I’d only seen a closed door of, even after all my life of being Dakota’s best friend. Dakota hesitantly knocked on the door. I heard the low buzz of talking stop with a ‘hold on, Maurice’. And then the door opened.

5ft 10, stylish black bob, cutting-edge designer clothes and piercing blue eyes (Dakota’s eyes), there stood Corinne Rae, the most intimidating woman I’ve ever known. She took one look at Dakota and I standing there, and sighed.

“Yes?” she asked impatiently.

I will say this only once. Bitch. What? My dad calls her it all the time. Sure, they work together a lot and have done for over 30 years, but it doesn’t mean she’s a nice person, especially not even to her own flesh and blood.

“I wanted to ask you something,” Dakota asked softly.

“Dakota, I’m taking an important call…write me a note,” she said, rolling her eyes.

“But I…”

“A note!” she said shrilly, interrupting him.

Like I said. Bitch.

“O-Okay. I’ll post it under your door,” Dakota said quietly.

“Fine,”

And then she shut the door in our faces. I clenched my teeth but looked down at Dakota, whose lips were pressed together in a tight line.

“I’m sorry,” I murmured.

“Don’t. If I write her a note at least she’ll have it in writing and she won’t have the excuse of no hard evidence of my plans,” Dakota said firmly.

I just sighed but nodded. Whatever he wants.

*

The next night came, and I headed over to Dakota’s house promptly at 6pm. Sure, I’d spent the entire day with him, Yasmin and Zach, the four of us going out for a light lunch at Dakota’s favourite greek restaurant before heading over to a bowling alley for a few games. It was relaxed and fun and just our small group, so it was a perfect day. And Dakota really liked the Rolex watch I bought him, as well as the new cans of hairspray that he’s always running out of and our customary slow birthday make-out. He really liked the make-out actually, but I didn’t expect anything different. He’s being really sweet today, no come-on’s or flirting at all, and it’s a nice break. This is the Dakota I love, and I’m going to take what I can of him.

Dakota was now dressed in a white shirt, a grey waistcoat and matching grey chinos, seeing as he’d insisted on formal wear. Hendrix was wearing a white shirt and plum coloured slacks, while Joaquin was wearing a steel grey shirt and black slacks. I’d gone with a simple pale blue shirt and black chinos, which matched my dark blue eyes perfectly.

“Angel!” Dakota said happily, opening the front door.

“Hey beautiful,” I smiled.

I was so tempted to peck his lips in a greeting kiss, but I held myself back. If he can behave himself today then so can I.

Dakota just blushed.

“Hendrix just finished setting the table and we’ve got ciabatta bread freshly baked to eat while Joaquin finishes dinner and while we wait for mom to get home,” Dakota told me, taking my hand and pulling me along behind him.

I do love ciabatta bread, especially freshly baked.

“Hey Drix, looking good,” I teased.

Hendrix blushed deeply and Dakota scowled.

“No prowling on my little brother. You’re mine tonight,” Dakota said defensively.

“Oh I am, am I?” I smirked.

“Mmhmm, it’s my birthday and I say so,” Dakota said indignantly, although he was grinning.

I just laughed, nudging his hip with mine. Tonight will be nice, I can just tell.

“So…ciabatta bread?” Hendrix prompted.

*

I couldn’t have been more wrong.

Tonight will be nice, I can just tell.

Fuck.

Two hours after I got there, Dakota’s mom Corinne still hadn’t come home. By now Hendrix was chewing his bottom lip so hard that it could split and bleed any second, Joaquin had long finished cooking dinner so it was all cold sitting in the kitchen, and I was trying to distract Dakota with meaningless conversation. But it wasn’t working. Dakota had reached his breaking point.

“She’s not coming, is she?” he asked quietly.

“Dakota…” Joaquin sighed.

“I even wrote it down on a fucking note!” Dakota interrupted, clenching his fists.

“We know you did, babe, but…”

“But what? I asked for one thing from her, one. I just wanted a nice normal family dinner, but I can’t even fucking get that,” Dakota spat.

“We can still have a dinner, the four of us,” Hendrix said softly.

“No! This isn’t the point! She’s my mom, she should be here! But she doesn’t give a fuck! I’m sick of it!” Dakota yelled.

Hendrix’s eyes started to water at Dakota’s anger, but Dakota just got up from the table and ran from the room. Fuck. He really did want tonight to work out, didn’t he?

“Fucking hell,” Joaquin grumbled, standing up.

“No, I’ll go. Heat up the food and get Drix a tissue,” I announced.

Without waiting for a reply, I left the room too. I only had to follow the sound of sobbing to find Dakota in a bathroom, curled up by the foot of the ginormous bath.

“Why doesn’t she love me, Angel? What did I do?” Dakota whimpered.

“Hey, hey, hey, ssh now. Your mom does love you,” I soothed, sitting down next to him and pulling him into my lap.

“Then why didn’t she come home on my birthday?!” Dakota wailed.

I sighed, wrapping my arms around his body, letting him cry into the crook of my neck.

“I don’t know, baby. I don’t know,” I said softly.

“I try so hard to win medals at my gymnastics meets and at the cheerleading competitions, but she never even notices. I try to be good in school and help around the house, but she doesn’t give a shit. It's my birthday, Angel! Is it so wrong to want a normal family?” Dakota sniffed, clutching at my shirt.

“In our parents’ world, there is not thing as a normal family. I got lucky with my dad – Zach’s parents are both rarely home and you know Yasmin’s mom only ever talks to her to tell her that she’s putting weight on. This is why we’ve got to stick together, Kota. You’ve got me and I’ve got you – that’s never going to change,”

“I know. I just wish I didn’t feel so worthless,” Dakota choked.

This made me frown. He is far from worthless. Fuck, I hate it when his mom makes him feel so low.

“You are so special, so amazing,” I insisted.

“Show me,” Dakota whimpered.

“What?” I asked, confused.

“Show me that I mean something. I just…I can’t…I need…”

Dakota cried out pathetically and buried his face in my neck. I didn’t understand until he rolled his hips against mine.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea, Kota,” I said quietly.

“Please. Please Angel. I just want to feel special. I just want to feel loved,” Dakota begged.

More tears fell down his cheeks, messy and unrelenting. Why does he ask me these things when he knows I can never say no?

“Please. Something. Anything. I need to feel like I’m important to someone,” he whispered.

That did it. Dakota is the most important person in my life, and if he needs this right now, more than just a sexual need, then I know what I have to do. I swallowed heavily but nodded, before cupping my palm over his crotch. Dakota whimpered with what sounded like relief, tilting his head back slightly. It’s not like we haven’t given each other handjobs before, but it’s only been a few times and that was when I was definitely drunk. I’ve never done this sober – but Dakota needs me. And I can’t let him down, not when he’s like this. If I said no now to such a little thing like this, he’d spiral down into a pit of self-loathing. It’s happened before, and it took a fucking lot of effort to bring him back out to normal. I won’t let that happen again. Not tonight. Not on his birthday.

Once Dakota started to harden under my touch, I unzipped his chinos and opened them as much as possible, sliding my hand into his boxers and pulling his dick out. This is the only time I can ever sound like a cockslut, because I fucking love Dakota’s dick. He's so well endowed for someone of his short height, a decent thickness and a more than decent length, and he just feels so heavy, so perfect in my grip. Dakota moaned quietly at the contact, his eyes closing slightly. No, I won’t have that.

“Look at me, Kota. I want you to look at me for this,” I said softly.

Dakota’s eyes immediately opened and he nodded, staying silent. I smiled and pecked his lips gently, before starting to pump my hand. Dakota’s mouth fell open, panting slightly with the effort to stay quiet, not taking his eyes off me just like I asked. Fuck, he’s so beautiful. I pecked his lips again as I swiped my thumb over the pre-cum pearling at his tip, earning a slightly louder moan.

“Ssh, Kota. Don’t want your brothers to hear,” I teased.

Dakota blushed and bit his bottom lip. I moved my hand a little faster, desperate to please him, desperate to show him just how important he is, to prove that he wasn’t insignificant. After a few more minutes, I could feel Dakota’s thighs tensing, so I moved my other hand to his balls and lightly played with them, trying to send him over the edge.

“I-I’m close, A-Angel,” he whimpered.

His dick started to throb in my hand. He wasn’t lying.

“Then come for me, beautiful,” I murmured.

Dakota froze slightly, so I quickly ducked my head down and took his head into my mouth, just in time for him to arch his back and shoot repeatedly into my mouth. I waited until he started to soften to release him and stand up, spitting his load into the sink and rinsing my mouth out under the tap. Spunk tastes nasty, I don’t care what anyone says. I don't swallow for anyone.

“Thank you. Thank you so much,” Dakota whimpered.

Oh no, he’s not starting to cry again.

“Hey, no waterworks, okay? I just wanted to make you feel good again,” I said softly.

“And you did. I just…thank you,” Dakota sniffed.

I smiled and helped him stand up, tucking him back inside his boxers before zipping him up. I did this to make Dakota feel like he was special, not worthless like his mom makes him feel, so I don’t feel bad.

“Come on, let’s go and eat dinner, yeah?” I suggested.

“Yeah, okay,” Dakota smiled.

This is one birthday that we won’t forget in a while. Let’s hope mine in three weeks time is a little less eventful.
♠ ♠ ♠
Corinne Rae.

Dakota, Hendrix and Joaquin's mom is a bitch, right?
At least Angel was there to comfort him.
Let's just hope this doesn't complicate things.
Although, if they've already done this before, it shouldn't be a problem, right?
The next one is a sweet one.

Thank you to everyone who commented on the last chapter! Please keep it up! I love your feedback!

TearsOfTheHeart7
miss.sobriety
Caitlynnnn
JessicStar
appley92
LoosePages;
maxx danziger
Artistic Difference
BeautifullyTattooed

xo