Status: Completed on 2.16.13 with 15 Recommendations, 319 Readers, 75 Subscribers, and 41 Comments.

Just Making Things Harder

“Why do you call him Vegan?”

That morning I, surprisingly, woke up on time.

I got dressed in a sweatshirt and my tight jeans and normal shoes before grabbing my bag off the floor and hurrying downstairs.

The temperature said it was a little colder than normal today, so I headed outside to turn on my car. Then I realized something terrible.

My car wouldn’t start. I had no idea why, but it wouldn’t. I tried multiple times and nothing.

I finally sighed in defeat and headed back inside. I grabbed a muffin off the counter then walked back outside, deciding I couldn’t have a full breakfast and had to walk to school.

I hated days like this that I had to walk, but then again it was kind of nice. I wasn’t as cold as I would be if I didn’t have a sweatshirt on.

I made it to school about the normal I would have if I woke up later than normal.

If I hadn’t woken up on time, I would’ve been late. I thought.

As I was approaching the front, I got a text. I quickly pulled it out of my pocket.

Oliver
8:15 AM
”How are you not cold?”


I stared at it, confused, then looked around before I met the eyes of my stalker friend.

I smiled a little and walked up to him. “What are you doing here?”

“I go ‘ere, y’know” He smiled, looking just as perfect as normal.

I rolled my eyes and headed inside, him right beside me. “Since when?”

“Well, I moved ‘ere last week. I di’n go to school at all last week ‘cause meh classes were bein’ set up. I’m ‘ere now though.” He explained.

I grinned as I opened the door to the school. All eyes were on Oli and I as we walked in. He looked a little shocked.

Whispers were already going around. About both of us, about him. Mostly about him and how gorgeous he was. I’ll admit, he is gorgeous, but you’d never catch me saying it out loud.

My eyes locked with Cameron’s as he stood by the lockers with Olivia. He looked like he wanted to say something, but the second his eyes locked on Oli, he gave up. Olivia was hanging all over him. A little bit of jealousy went through me.

Then I felt a hand in mine and I was being pulled. I looked over and Oli was pulling me away, making it look more like we were holding hands to everyone else, though.

I saw Cameron’s fists visibly clench before my gaze was pulled away from him.

I looked back at Oli just to find an unreadable expression on his face. I had no idea what was going on right now.

He eventually stopped pulling me, and stopped when there was no one around.

“What was that about?” I asked. I just glanced at me, trying not to make eye contact.

“I saw how yeh were lookin' at tha’ guy. I figured et would be bettah if I got yeh out of there” He explained. I just nodded.

“Well, I should be getting to class” I murmured, “You know where your first class is?”

He nodded, “I gotta go find Matteh firs’ though.”

“Alright” I said, and started to walk away before he pulled me back and hugged me. I was slightly surprised by this little bit of affection, even if it was just a little.

When he let me go, I didn’t ask any questions, I just hurried off to my class, thoughts going through my head after than I couldn't even understand them.

I got to class and took my usual seat, getting out all of my things for that class.

I already knew what we were doing that day, and started working early. I only looked up twice while I was doing this.

Once, to see Cameron taking a new seat near Olivia. And the second time to see Oliver coming into my class with the teacher.

“Class, this is Oliver. He’s new” She explained lazily, “Sit wherever you want.”

He grinned and made his way over to me, like I expected.

I saw Cameron glaring our way, then looking back to Olivia once he caught my eye. I looked over it, and talked to Oli.

I had to explain to him what was going on, but he picked up on the routine pretty quickly. He didn’t do much, which I didn’t really expect much less.

Eventually, I asked to see his schedule, to see if we had anymore classes together. Which we did. The class before lunch and lunch itself.

“If you want to eat lunch with me, you can” I told him. He smiled at my offer.

“Well, Matteh and the rest will probleh want to eat wif us, then” He said. I just smiled and told him that was fine.

After class, we departed. The next class passed way too slowly for my liking until I was back in my next class with Oli sitting with me again.

I had already become oddly attached to him. Maybe it was because he had me confide to him. I had no idea, but I didn’t have much of a problem with it, and neither did he. He seemed to enjoy my company.

After class, we headed to lunch. Matt and three other guys found us on our way there. I didn’t ask who they were until we got our food and found a table.

Matt and Oli briefly introduced me to Vegan, Lee, and Curtis.

“Why do you call him Vegan?” I asked, curiously. They all laughed.

“His name is Matt, too” Matt explain, “But we jus’ call em Vegan.”

It didn’t answer my question, but I dropped it.

Image

After lunch, the rest of the day flew by. Before I knew it, I was walking outside, preparing myself to walk home.

“Kyle!” I heard a call from behind me. I turned around and saw Oli for about the millionth time today.

“Are yeh walkin’ home teday?” He asked. I shrugged first, and then nodded.

“My car wouldn’t start this morning.”

He gave me a sympathetic look and then pulled me into the parking lot with him.

“I’ll give yeh a ride ‘ome. Look at et as repaying yeh for mah ride ‘ome yesterdey” He explained. I smiled a little.

“Okay.”

I gave him brief directions to my house, since it wasn’t too far away, and we got there in a few minutes.

“So, do yeh ‘ave work today?” He asked. I shook my head, opening the door.

“Well, me and the guys were gonna meet up at Matteh’s ‘ouse ‘n watch movie and shit tonight. Wanna come?” He asked, smiling.

I thought about it for a second, then eventually nodded. I mean, without Cameron, I had nothing to do. And I knew my parents wouldn’t even be home.

“Alright! I’ll text yeh before I come to pick yeh up” He said, “Bye, love.”

I waved and walked up to my house, just before watching his old car disappear down the road.

I made more friends today than I have in months.

This could be good for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. It's like four in the morning. I'm tired. And this is the third chapter I've written.

Time for sleep.

Have fun. Leave comments. All that usual shit.