Hurricane

Foreign

Mikey showed up at house at noon to meet my parents and take me to the show. I had been excited for my parents to meet him, fully, because I was in love with Mikey. I thought he was perfect, I thought they would think he was perfect too.

When he showed up, he looked so damn handsome. He wore his usual torn blue jeans, a tight long sleeve black t-shirt and his glasses brimming down his nose. He had that teasing grin and those lovely eyes.

“Roo.” He greeted, “Mommy and daddy ready to meet me?”

I nodded, “Of course.”

Mikey had followed me into my home, and into the living room where my parents were. They had been preparing for a big cocktail party later that night. I was told I had to be home before 1:30.

“Mom, dad, this is Michael Way, but we call him Mikey.” I had introduced him, they had eyed him.

“Hello, I’m Barbara Rooney,” My mom stood, touching her pearl necklace as stuck her hand out. My dad followed behind her.

“Nice to meet you, Mrs. Rooney.” Mikey shook her hand, “You look very nice. Those pearls are lovely.”

Charming her pearls off, apparently.

My mom’s lips turned up, “Ooh, such a nice boy. Where have you been all my life, Michael?”

I frowned, I hadn't liked my mom flirting with Mikey. He was mine. I mean, even if she was 30 some-odd years older than him, my mom could easily wrap her spider veined legs around him.

Mikey laughed, “On the South side of town, ma’am.”

My mom was taken aback. She wasn’t the one for slum per se. She didn’t like anyone with a social status lower than her own.

“Oh.” Good, she wasn’t going to fuck him.

“Uh, Mikey, we should be going.” I took his hand in mine.

“Wait a minute, Ladonna, where exactly are you two going?” My dad’s voice had made me grind my teeth.

“I’m taking her to lunch, sir, and then to a concert.” Mikey smiled at me. God, I loved his smile.

“A concert?” My mom rose her head.

“To see a band called Oasis. They’re very mellow, Mrs. Rooney. Not a moshpit in sight.”

My mom eyed Mikey until I cleared my throat, and she looked over at me.

“Are we free to go?” I questioned jestifully. I didn’t want to piss them off, but I really wanted to get away from them.

“I guess so.” My dad waved his hand off at us, “Curfew is 1:30, Ladonna.”

I just waved back and pulled Mikey out the door with me.

Mikey had borrowed his brother’s car, a dirty, silver subaru. The inside had been hurriedly cleaned, and Mikey already had some music playing. I had sat in the passenger seat, biting my lip and nodding my head along to the Smashing Pumpkins.

“So, where are you taking me to eat?” I asked, just to rid the small, comfortable quiet atmosphere.

“Uh, this nice little diner out of the ways of Jersey.” Mikey gave me a sly smile.

I raised my brow, “You’re up to something, Mikey.” I stated quietly.

“Up to no good.” Mikey chuckled.

“Are we really going to a show tonight?” I questioned; my fingers played with the frayed leather of my seat.

“Yeah, we really are going to see Oasis, but I wanted to be alone with you.”

My heart beat sped up, beating in my chest like I had run a mile. No, like I was still running said mile. I was growing warm and sweaty, getting a little bit scared.

“I…I…” I stammered, “Alone? Why?”

Mikey shrugged, he had kept his eyes narrowed on the freeway, “Just to hang out. We never hang out alone, there’s always someone around.”

My body seemed to relax some and I nodded dumbly. Mikey finally looked over at me, but for a second, “You’re nervous, Roo, why?”

“I really like you.” Truth always came out when I was nervous.

If Mikey hadn’t of taught me, later, how to lie without looking guilty, I would have been terrible under police lights.

“You like me? Like how?” He had a faint tell of amusement in his voice.

“If I tell you, you won’t make fun of me?” I asked honestly.

“Why would I laugh?” His lips had a sly smile, even if he didn’t look at me.

“Because, you’re you. You make joke of a lot of things, and I don’t want my feelings to be one of them.” I still played with my bottom lip, my teeth chomping on his gently, awaiting Mikey’s answer.

“I won’t laugh, Rooney.” He finally looked over at me, “Now, tell me how you like me.”

I watched his face as he turned back to the road. I swallowed thickly, seeing that he was sincere. This is how I knew Mikey Way wouldn’t lie to me, that I knew when he was telling me the truth.

“I would really like it if you were my boyfriend…I think you’re very cute and I want to be around you all the time…despite your experience with other females, I think you are very sweet and caring and…” I rambled nervously, “I’m bumbling like a fool, and you’re probably really turned off.”

I had looked away, Mikey didn’t say anything. He drove for another minute, silent, then turned off on the side of the road. I had looked at him, curious as to why; he just turned the car off and looked at me. My cheeks were really hot, radiating with warmth when he took hold of my chin and kissed me.

This kiss had been different than the one on the porch. This was a loving, desperate, kiss. I was floored, and I wanted more. Mikey’s tongue brushed back and forth on my lip and I finally parted them for him, our tongues pressed and my stomach dropped and my heart pounded in my ears. I slowly, awkwardly, wrapped my arms around his neck and moaned softly against his lips.

All too soon, it was over.

He pulled away slowly, but he was still close to my face. I could only focus on his nose, and the fact that his glasses were pushed up. I swallowed thickly, hearing my heart stall and waited for Mikey to say something. But, he didn’t, he pulled away from me fully and leaned against the driver side door, looking at me with a worried look, as if he had caused a massive accident that he couldn’t fix.

“Mikey?” I put my hand on his thigh and he looked down at it.

His eyes lazed and he took hold of my hand, “You’re a virgin.” He finally said.

I blushed, but never turned away, I just averted my eyes to the floor, “Yes.” I mumbled, even if he hadn’t asked.

“I wasn’t going to fuck you.” He said quietly, almost like an apology.

“I didn’t think you were.” I countered just as quiet.

“You smoke?” He seemed breathless then, so fast, so quick change of emotions and demeanor.

“No.”

He nodded, letting go of my hand. He reached over to the glove box and popped it open. Lucky Strike cigarettes were in there, and he groaned. He grabbed them and tossed them in the back seat. He rattled around, in front of my knees, until he gave small cheer.

“Marlboro is my favorite, my dad smokes Lucky Strikes…Gee smokes whatevers left in here.” He told me this as if I asked.

I didn’t know how to respond to Mikey, he seemed all lost and disoriented. I felt as if I were intruding on his personal life if I asked anymore questions about it. He looked at me as he lit a cigarette and inhaled lightly.

“I want you to be my girlfriend, Ladonna.”

My jaw slacked and my brows furrowed at the way he said my first name. I was highy confused, “Why did you call me Ladonna?”

“So you know I’m fucking serious.” He smiled with the cigarette hanging from his fingertips, “I really need to quit. Would you mind if I smoked at all?”

I shook my head, “My dad smokes cigars…”

“Your dad sucks.”

“Tell me about it,” I rolled my eyes playfully, and he laughed.

“So, uh…am I way out of left field with us being a couple?” He snubbed the cigarette out in the middle ashtray.

I was barely wrapping this around my mind, “You really want to be my boyfriend?”

He raised a brow, but nodded, “Duh.”

I had to keep myself from grinning like a maniac, “So, that’s why you kissed me?”

“Yeah…” he trailed bashfully.
Mikey Way was blushing then. Something foreign. Like…seeing a meteor or a shooting star.

“Well…I really want to be your girlfriend.” I bit at my lip.

His cheeks were still crimson, he leaned over the seat again, capturing my lips and kissing me gently. My veins had literally filled with warmth and I felt in love, my whole stomach tied in knots. I felt like I was going to float away, if he hadn't pinned me against the passenger side door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading :D