Non-Existent

Some Real Answers

I look Daniel over. I have no idea how he even found me, but here he was standing on my sister's front porch. He hasn't changed much in the last three weeks. His hair is still a messy dirty blond, his eyes still a forceful hazel, and his skin pale as ever. I ask him again what he was doing here.

"Carson, I know the last time we talked it was messy, but I'm here. I found you and I'm finally ready to tell you everything." We hear Riley and Kaela's laughter in the background. "Can we go talk?" I just looked at him for a moment. Not really sure what to do; our last meeting flashes though my head. There were lies and a lot of yelling, and an exit so quick I don't even remember it happening.

I nod my head slowly. I want answers more than anything. I yell some excuse back to my sister and tell her that I'll be back later. I leave with Daniel and steer him towards the direction of the park nearby. We walk in silence for a while. I wait for him to start talking.

"You have to be very open minded for any of this to actually make an impact on you." He started. "I've been searching forever for someone just like you Carson." I stay silent.

"When I was first created I never thought I would find you. I just thought I was doomed to be alone forever, and I was okay with that. I had accepted it a long time ago, but then I met you and I realized maybe I didn't have to be alone forever. Carson I'm 75 years old. I was born in 1942 and I was created in 1965.” We had stopped walking by then and had seated ourselves on a bench. He let his words sink in and I had absolutely no idea what to say to him. What he was saying was utterly impossible.

“I don’t hurt people. I only drink from animals. Carson, I’m a vampire. I drink blood to survive. I’m not the only one there are others. Like the Cullens, they are vampires too. That’s why there was so much tension between Bella and I. That’s why my skin is so pale and cold. It’s why I was in Washington. Less sunlight for me to be in. Please, Carson.” I got up off the bench during his explanation.

He was just throwing all this information at me. None of it could be true, stuff like this just wasn’t real, and he was speaking so fast I almost couldn’t comprehend anything that was coming out of his mouth. I was pacing back and forth in front of the bench, just trying to process everything I could. Daniel obviously had some mental instability and I had been nice and had flirted with him, so he thought I understood him. He thought I would be with him. He got up and stood in my pacing path. He grabbed me by arms and held me still.

“Carson there’s more. The reason no one liked me in La Push is because they’re shapeshifters. Wolves. Vampires and wolves don’t tend to get along very well, that’s why I wasn’t very welcomed there.” I was lost for words and he started talking again, but I wasn’t listening.

He was shaking me and talking to me; trying to get me to understand everything that was going on. But I couldn’t nothing was making sense. He was talking about mates and being together forever. His lips were getting closer to my neck, but he was still shaking me and my head was hurting. Then all at once everything stopped. I felt a searing pain in my neck and then everything was black.