*** in the Dark

Jada

Everyone screamed as fire licked up the sides of Jason’s pants.

“STOP DROP AND ROLL!” I yelled, laughing.

“Well thanks Sherlock!” he replied, rolling his eyes.

Just as he was about to do as I had instructed, Belle strolled out and doused him with a
bucket of water.

“Thanks Belle.” He said smiling, but his smile soon faded. “What did you just put me out with?” he asked, narrowing his eyes at her.

She looked at him guiltily. “Uh, it might’ve been...vomit...” she said, looking at her feet.

At this I doubled over in another fit of laughter, which only got worse as Jason ran around the yard, flailing his arms, screaming like a little girl with Belle trotting after him apologizing over and over.

Suddenly I felt an arm slide around my waist.

“What’s so funny?” asked Marty, pulling me to him.

I told him the story, which took longer than intended because I kept bursting into giggles. He laughed with me and we watched as Belle tackled Jason, sending him sprawling. He rolled over and she sat on his chest. She grabbed his face in her hands, squashing his cheeks together, making him look like a fish.

“Jason, I Belle Whyte, am really, really, really, really, REALLY sorry for making you all soggy with vomit.” She announced.

He looked at her, amused. She dropped her gaze.

“Do you forgive me?” she asked, peering shyly through her long blonde hair.

“Of course.” he said, but it sounded more like “ob blourse” because Belle was still holding his face.

She laughed and let go, leaning over to kiss him. I looked up at Marty who was smiling down at me.

“What?” I demanded, smiling.

“Oh nothing.” He grinned.

I stood on my tip toes and kissed his nose. I then jogged to the back door and opened it. My ears were instantly flooded with heavy bass as I stepped inside. I headed toward the fridge and opened it, pulling out a giant bottle of cola. Just then someone pinched me on the butt. I squealed and dropped the bottle. I turned to see Belle doubled over silent laughing. I tried to give her a dirty look but failed miserably and joined in on her laughter.

“I’m pretty sure you should pick that up.” She said between fits of giggles.

I rolled my eyes and picked up the bottle. I went to open it but stopped.

“Belle,” I said grunting, “can you help me open this bottle?”

“You’re so weak, loser.” She replied snatching the bottle from me.

She placed her hand on the lid and twisted with a smug flourish. But that high and mighty look didn’t last long as cola fizzed out the top and sprayed all over her. I snorted laughter, slapping my hand over my mouth.

“Bitch.” She said, cola dripping down her nose.

“You love me.” I replied winking and giving her a slap on the ass.

“This is so not fair! I’m supposed to be your best friend!” she cried stamping her foot, trying to keep at straight face.

It failed and she burst into peals of laughter which were extremely infectious.

I was glad everyone seemed to be having a good time. We had organised a going away party for everyone. We had all just finished year twelve and we were all going our separate ways. Marty and I were heading to Sydney for uni but Belle was going to Wollongong. Kassidy was backpacking as a foreign exchange student and the others were going to other various speciality schools and such.

This was our last night together as our group

I had asked my parents if we could use our holiday ranch for the party. Luckily they had agreed.

It was a beautiful cabin style home with a small home theatre built just behind it. My friends and I had had many a good time watching movies on the large cinema like screen, relaxing in the plush red seats. The property was surrounded by thick woods. This was good because this way we wouldn’t get any complaints about our rowdiness, even though there weren’t that many people at the party.

Just Belle and her boyfriend Jason, Kassidy and her boyfriend Danny, Nicole and her boyfriend Chandler, Riley and her boyfriend Johnny, Christine and her boyfriend Ray and myself and my boyfriend Marty.

“Earth to Jada!” said Belle, shutting the kitchen draw she had just been rummaging through.

“Oh sorry,” I said laughing, “what’s up?”

“I think we should put some more wood on the bonfire, it’s starting to get dark.”

“Yeah sure.” I agreed, thinking.

We stepped outside into the cold July air and headed toward the wood pile. We picked up some logs and carried them back to the fire, chucking them in.

Just then I had an idea. I jogged over to a large wooden table and climbed on top of it.

“Excuse me everyone.” I said.

Still chatter.

“Guys?”

No response.

“OI BITCHES! LISTEN UP!”

That got they’re attention.

“We’re gunna play a game.”

“What game?” asked Nicole.

I smiled slyly and rubbed my hands together.

“Murder in the dark.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The chapters alternate between two characters point of view; Belle & Jada.
The Belle chapters were written by my friend Brianna, but as she doesn't have an account I can't add her as an authour. I am writing this to let you know that I am giving her ful credit for the main ideas in th Belle chapters (the only thing I did was slightly tidy them up and junk).
thank you :3