Status: umm...I'm working on it...

Lauren and I

Chapter 5

Lauren's POV:

"So, tell me about yourself." Keith said after we sat down at the restaurant he picked out, P.F.Changs.

"You already know everything there is to know about me, remember? We DID date for seven years." I said with a small laugh, glad that the awkwardness that had surrounded us from the moment he picked me up at my flat dowtown was finally leaving the air. Keith turned bright red and muttered,

"Well, tell me about what you've been up to since you...left..." That last part came out awkwardly because I have no doubt in my mind that Keith was remembering the reasons that I left.

"Well, I got four jobs that's it. I'm still the same person that I was before...before that night..."

"Four jobs?!?" How the hell do you manage that?" Keith asked, ignoring that last part.

"Easy, I just do..." I told him. He cracked a small smile and asked,

"What do you do?"

"Well, obviously I'm a waitress. I also am a dance teacher, a babysitter, and I also work at another restaurant as a waitress as well." I said to him. His eyes widen as he says,

"When do you find time to sleep? Or more importantly, EAT?" I laugh and tell him,

"Keef, two of my jobs are at restaurants, I can just eat there." The smile is quickly swiped off of Kieth's face, causing me to worry.

"Keith, are you alright? What's wrong?" I inquired.

"The-the last time you called me Keef was the night I...the night I uh..." He didn't finish, but he didn't need to. Because I knew what he was gonna say and exactly what he was talking about.

"How about we just get past that? And start over?" I muttered softly, taking his hand into mine.

"I'd like that very much. I really would." He said, his brogue perfect as he looked into my eyes.

"Friends?"

"The very best." He finished. My smile was a mile long on my face as I thought in my head,

"I knew there was a reason I agreed to this, and this was it. I just got my best friend back."

Keith's POV:

My little 'date' tonight was perfect. Lauren forgave me for everything and we were friends again.

"Someone's happy." Ryan said as I walked back onto the bus when I finished dropping Lauren off at her place.

"Ya, I had a great time tonight. Anyway, I'm gonna go to bed." Was all I said, wanting to get some shut eye before I would have to wake up early tomorrow to see Lauren before we left for who knows what state.

"How DARE you!?! How dare you hook up with that...with that BIMBO after we...well you know." an enraged voice yelled at me.

"Lauren, I'm sorry, I-I didn't know what I was doing, I was drunk." I muttered feebly, knowing that I was caught in a hole that I probably would not be able to get out of.

"I don't care what you were Keith, you SLEPT with my SISTER!" Lauren yelled. I gulped down a wad of spit as I muttered,

"I'm so sorry Lauren, if I could take it back I would."

"Save it Keith, I don't think I can be with you after you take away my innocence with my sister, I am sorry." And then, the love of my life just walked away from me, leaving me feeling worse than I ever had in my whole life.

"LAUREN!" I yelled, jolting up in my bed. "Oh, it was just a dream." I muttered, laying back down on my pillow. My good mood was completely gone as I thought back to that night when Lauren and I broke up.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope y'all liked this...COMMENT PLEASE!!!! thanks!!!