All I Wanted Was You.

...all I wanted was you.

Ellie’s soft frail fingertips brushed over the photograph. Her crystal blue eyes staring down at the smiling faces out in front of her. The tears were starting up and the emotions were taking over. She closed her eyes letting the water spill down her cheek hitting her hand. She took a deep breath before placing the picture off to the side, letting it fall upon the piles of pictures. She looked down at the pile of memories haunting her and keeping her from sleep.

She stood up from the couch stretching her sort legs. She stood there in the middle of her living room staring at the four walls all closing in on her. She paced the living room hoping the memories of his eyes would just float away. She closed her eyes and all she saw was his smile. She bit down on her lips as the tears spilled from her eyes.

She found herself wrapped in the thick blanket trying her best to keep warm. She laid her head down on the ground next to the pile of pictures, her eyes scanning each of them until she let her hand reach for one. She leaned her head back and stared at the picture. A smile spread to her lips as her fingers traced their happy faces.

Ellie stared at the picture remembering everything of that night. She scanned the darkly lit bar, his arms wrapped tightly around her shoulder. The two corona’s up in the air as the both of them smiled into the camera with such happiness. This was the night that started it all; the night she met Daniel Flint.

“I don’t understand why we’re here,” Ellie complained trying her best to fix her hair. “You know I can’t stand this shit,” she said only to hear a laugh leave her friends lips.

“Just try and fan fun yeah?”


She remembered the night and how frustrated she was. She didn’t want to be there in the first place but her friend dragged her out with the excuse you need to have more fun in your life. But Ellie didn’t want a part of it. So she sat at the bar with a look of disgust as she watched her friend dance on the floor. And right when Ellie thought she had enough, that’s when a charming lad with blue eyes came calling.

“You look rather happy.”

Ellie only grinned in response before turning to the bloke who was trying to get in her pants. “And you’re not going to get in my knickers mate, I would move on.”

He smiled his wide smile before shaking his head. “You’re rather fit love, but I was just starting a conversation.”

“Right,” she said with a smile before taking in a better look at the gentleman in front of him. “I’m Ellie,” she said with a smile.

“Dan,” he said with a nod of his head while gripping her hand ever so softly. “How about I get you a drink yeah?”


And he did. They drank and talked all night. Dan was intrigued by the girl and Ellie was love struck. Dan ended the night with an innocent kiss on her cheek and a promise to call the next day, and he did.

Dan and Ellie’s chemistry was on point. They didn’t know the definition of slowing down. They were crazy for each other and it showed. They spent every waking moment with each other. They were young and in love and they let everyone know it.

“Do we really have to watch these girly programs?”

Ellie rolled to her side with a grin. “Love,” he spoke with a smile. “Do not speak of Gossip Girl in such a manner.”

He chuckled at his own laugh as Ellie watched trying her best not to laugh. He continued to laugh as she stared down at him trying her best to put on a face that said she wasn’t amused.

“Oh you think you’re so funny,” she said gripping his bare sides. “So fucking hilarious yeah?”

He nodded his head with a laugh. “I’m quite funny love.”

“Mate, you’re not funny.”

Dan gave her a hurt look before letting out a girly sigh. “That rather hurt.”

“The truth hurts love.”

Ellie gave him a proud grin only to feel her body being picked up and thrown on her back. She let out a squeal of surprise. Her eyes looked up into his as her hands were pinned up and above her body. He lowered his body against hers with a smirk on his lips.

“Just admit it,” he said holding her arms with one hand as the other traveled down her body. “I’m rather hilarious!”

She shook her head as Dan leaned down to look in her eyes with a threatening look in his eyes. “I will do it,” he said gripping her side.

“No, please don’t.”

“Then tell me.”

She gave him a smile before leaning in and pressing her lips against his quickly. “Never,” she said against his lips only to feel his hands going straight to her sides and digging at it.
She kicked her legs up with laughter as he continued to tickle her body. She yelled out, laughing hard as Dan continued to giggle as he tortured her with the tickles.

“Okay!” she yelled with tears in her eyes. “Okay! I give up,” she said as Dan continued to softly tickle her. “You’re bloody hilarious mate, the funniest.”

Dan let up before falling down beside her with a satisfied smile. “I’m glad you finally accepted the truth,” he said with a wide smile as the girl rolled her body into his.

She looked over at him, a smile spread across her lips as she studied his beautiful face. When his blue eyes turned to look at hers she saw the goofy smile playing on his lips before he raised his eyebrows with a soft laugh.

“What?”

Ellie looked deep into Dan’s eyes feeling the butterflies taking over her body. She shook her head before placing her lips against his. Dan held on to her cheek deepening the kiss. He was mad about her and his mates often gave him shit for it. It was always Ellie constantly on his mind. When he pulled away licking his lips to taste her on them, he gave her a smile pressing his forehead into hers while staring deep into her eyes.

“I love you,” she said softly as Dan felt the happiness take over him.

“I love you too.”


Her crystal blue eyes traveled around the party. She looked from the groups of familiar faces all while clutching her blue dress tightly. She was only looking for one person. She walked through the poorly lit flat looking from pair of eyes to the next. That’s when she felt her body instantly stop. There she saw him, standing there with a beer in hand. She couldn’t stop looking at him, her eyes traveling from his vans up to his jean jacket. His newly bleached hair looking shinier than ever, she smiled to herself remembering the day she bleached his hair and he bleached hers. Suddenly his eyes looked away from his mates and found hers.

He felt his heart freeze and his body all of sudden run warm. He stared at the girl in front of him feeling the rhythm of his heart beating again and rapidly. He looked her over; she was even more beautiful than he remembered. He took a deep breath trying his best to find the strength to move his way to her. He looked over in her direction and gave her a warm smile and much to his surprise she responded with one. He placed his beer down on the counter and with one move of his leg he found himself standing in front of her.

“Uh hi,” he spoke nervously scratching the back of his neck nervously.

“Hi,” she spoke sounding like music to his ears.

He looked around the room and was brought back to her beautiful eyes. “Erm,” he spoke nervously before a smile spread to his lips. “I think I deserve a proper hug,” he spoke as the two awkwardly laughed.

Dan took it upon himself to wrap his arms around her shoulders pulling her into him. Her shaky arms wrapped themselves around his waist. Her face was pressed against his chest and she immediately closed her eyes taking it all in his. His scent was intoxicating. He held her tightly as he pressed his lips against the top of her blond head.

“I rather missed you,” he whispered into her ear.

“I missed you too.”

He didn’t want to let go and either did she. But much like every good thing, it came to an end. Much like their relationship, they pulled away from each other not listening to what their heart wanted.

“Have you gone completely mental?!”

“Oh fuck off,” she yelled in annoyance before walking away from him.

“For god’s sake,” he yelled after her following her into her bedroom. “This is my job Ellie; this is how I make money.”

She didn’t say anything but clutched her fist in anger. Her back was to Dan, her breathing becoming irregular.

“Now stop being a complete nut case and relax.”

Her blue eyes opened and she turned around. Dan jumped back as he felt the girl going after him, her fist going directly into his chest. He began to punch him over and over again with tears in her eyes. Dan tried his best to block the hits but the emotions got the best of him as tears fell down his face. He gripped her shoulders only to feel her fist go into his chest once again.

“Stop!” he yelled with anger digging into her shoulders. “Just stop!” he yelled holding her tight as she continued to cry hysterically. “This is my fucking job Ellie! This is my dream job!”

“I can’t do this anymore.”

"Baby-"

She pulled away from him tears streaming down her face. “Go!”

“Ellie, please,” he begged taking a step forward only to have her step away.

“Leave me again, just fucking go Daniel!”

“Ellie,” he cried getting closer. “I love you, please don’t do this.”

She shook her head crying softly. She didn’t say anything, he stared into her eyes taking a step closer.

“Tell me you love me Ellie,” he begged with tears in his eyes. “Tell me that we can make this work; tell me you’ll wait for me.”

She still said nothing as she continued to cry. He sniffed back the tears feeling his heart breaking with every passing second.

“Just tell me you want me,” he cried to her hoping this was all a bluff. “Tell me I’m all you will ever want just bloody tell me!”

She said nothing but the look on her face said it all. He closed his eyes feeling his heart breaking and shattering into a million pieces. He closed his eyes before walking out.


That was the end of Ellie and Dan. He went on tour and she stayed at home. Hoping and praying that he would think of her when he was out there. She watched him get all that he deserved, watched him live out his hopes and dreams.

“So,” Dan said swaying his body softly with a wide smile. “You look lovely tonight,” he said with a bow making the girl laugh softly.

“Why thank you,” she said with a smile. “You look kind damper, as always.”

The smile on Dan’s face was wide. He looked down at the girl in front of him and he thought that maybe, maybe this was his chance. He chance to make things right, his chance to re-write all the wrongs. His chance to make things right, relive the start.

“Ellie,” he began licking his lips reading to tell her everything he had been holding back for a year but that was short lived.

“I’ve been looking all over for you.”

Dan watched Ellie turn with a smile on her face. He turned to the man standing behind her, a grin on his face as he kissed the top of her head.

“I was just talking to an old friend,” she said turning to Dan with a smile. “Dan this is my boyfriend Jake,” she said as Dan felt his heart break all over again.

He put on the fake smile unable to speak. He looked down at Ellie before shaking his head and looking up at Jake.

“Nice to meet you mate,” Dan said politely putting his hand out.

“You too,” he said with a smile before looking down at Ellie. “Are you ready to go love?”

She nodded her head before looking up at Dan with a smile. “Goodbye Dan,” she said as he watched them link hands and walk away.

Dan felt his heart break as he stood there. Everything around his moving slowly and his eyes could only focus on what would have been. He shoved his hands in his pockets throwing his head back in pain. Inside his pocket he felt a piece of paper; he pulled it out from his jacket and opened it up softly. There he looked down at the picture, his eyes watering at the smiling faces. It was the first night he met Ellie, the first night he fell in love. He closed his eyes softly taking in deep breaths. He turned the picture around, and there in her perfect handwriting were words he so longed to hear.

All I wanted was you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Got so bummed when I wrote this, you don't even understand.

Just found this contest and and had this idea in my head. I couldn't stop writing.
I don't really proof read my shit, so my bad if there are a lot of mistakes!

I hope you enjoyed it (: