Status: close

Buried By True Love

Good God! Not again!

I woke up to my beautiful hotel room like I have been doing for the last week. I was in his arms and I heard him snoring. I went to take a shower and clean up. I got dressed in my skinny jeans and T-shirt and went back out to our room. When I got back out he wasn’t in bed like he was before I left. He left a note saying:

“Stay here beautiful. I’ll be right back. I love you. Stay safe.”

I decided to watch a movie while he was gone. I watched 3 different movies while he was gone. I watched “Between the Lines”, “Ella Enchanted”, and “We Are the People.” This last one wasn’t so good but I watched it anyway.
Halfway through the 3rd movie there was a knock on the door. I got up to open it and it was (to my surprise) Izzy.
“What do you want Izzy? I thought I told you to never talk to me ever again!”
“I’m here to say hi and bye. But before I go, I want to give you this. I meant to give it to you earlier in our relationship but I thought it would be too much for you.” He said and pulled out a blue box. He opened it. It was a necklace that was really beautiful. It was blue and gold and had my birthstone on it.
“Wow Izzy it’s really beautiful. But I can’t take it because I’m not your girlfriend anymore and I’m on vacation with my boyfriend,” I said almost in tears. “I’m sorry but you need to go!” I almost screamed slamming the door.
I sat on the couch after getting some ice cream and a spoon. I watched my movie and ate my ice cream until Jacob got back. When he did, he saw me on the couch, my eyes swollen from the tears, and knew immediately what had happened.
“Shush, it’s ok. It’ll be okay,” he said over and over almost like he was trying to convince himself more than me.
“He wanted to give me a necklace with my birthstone on it but I wouldn’t take it because I didn’t want to hurt your feelings. I didn’t want to hurt his feelings either but I had to because it wouldn’t be fair to you if I took it from him because he isn’t my boyfriend, you are, and I feel really bad now.” Tears were pouring out of my eyes now and I couldn’t stop them.
He was still holding me and my tears were staining his shirt but he didn’t care. He kept saying he loved me over and over again until I decided I was going to forget all about Izzy.
“Babe, I’m fine now I promise I’m going to forget all about him and give you my heart. I will love you forever and ever and much longer,” I said and kissed him passionately.
“Okay, now go get dressed. I have to take you somewhere!” he said cheering up again.
I got dressed and went back out to the main room. He was packing everything. “Okay, put this on over your eyes. And hurry up so I can get you out to the car.” He said and helped me get in to the car.
“Where are you taking me? And why do I have to wear this blindfold?” I asked confused.
“It’s a surprise. Now shush and just be patient,” he said kissing my hand which was intertwined with his on the seat.
“Oh stop it. Your being way too much of a Jacob. You need to stop being a Jacob and start being mine,” I said giggling.
After a while he told me to get out of the car because we were here. I did and he led me through a door and down a hallway.