Vows of Silence.

Pick me up now, I need you so bad.

There were no words.

There was a thick awkward silence fogging the distance between the two.

They didn’t know what to say or what to do. His crystal blues were focus on her hands rested on her knee softly tapping to the rhythm falling all over. The rain was picking up as it hit the car with an overwhelming beat. His leg was bouncing up and down in anxiousness. The streetlight burning down on the beautiful girl beside him was only driving him crazy. Her deep brown hair wrapped up in a messy bun on top of her head, her bangs falling into her eyes as she focused down on her chipped nails.

Her deep brown eyes met his only making his heart beat even more rapidly. He let his eyes focused on her face, studying every freckle on her tanned skin. Counting them all in his mind over and over again, afraid that this was going to be the last.

She was the first to break the silence.

“We knew this day was going to come sooner or later.”

Dan Flint’s sad eyes only fluttered close as he nodded his head. He lifted his cold hands up and away from the wheel running them through his bleached hair.

“I just figured my dashing good looks would change your mind.”

Arianna Kingston let out a small awkward laugh before pinching at her jeans. Her chocolate eyes turned up to his and all she could see was sadness behind them. She took another deep breathe before closing her eyes softly.

“I don’t know what to say.”

He couldn’t keep his eyes off of her. He watched her run her finger over her face, her fingertips grazing her skin ever so softly. He just wished he could reach over and touch her skin. He was desperate to feel her lips against his. He watched her tongue slide over her dried lips before her eyes met his once again.

They just stared at each other.

Their bodies shivering as the rain fell even harder around the car.

Unaware of what to say to each other, this was all too overwhelming for the both of them. He knew she had him right where she wanted him. She held his heart in her perfect small hands. The ball was in her court, it always had been.

He let his fingers tug at his hair before looking into her eyes. He needed her so bad. He needed to feel her warm body against his. He needed a sign that things were going to work out but all he saw was a look of sadness in her eyes. They were cold and held nothing but a feeling of loss. She was driving him completely mad.

“So is this really it?”

Arianna felt the tears starting up in her eyes as she nodded her head. “I guess so,” she said sniffing back a tear.

“I can’t believe this is really happening.”

He could feel his eyes tearing up as he tried his hardest to hold it back. Dan Flint was nothing close to being sensitive. He never cried, he didn’t show his emotions well and I think that was always his problem. He never acted on what he was feeling but he merely held it back.

“I just can’t do this anymore.”

Dan understood, he always did and Arianna was thankful for that. She looked back down at her hands hoping for a reaction. She was waiting for the romantic gesture but it never came. She looked over at Dan; she just wanted him to fight for her. He wanted her to beg. She wanted him to finally open up but that would never be the case. Their relationship, or lack of, was a one sided battle and she was tired from the constants fights to save them. She closed her eyes letting the tears fall down her face. She turned to Dan before nodding her head. She looked behind her back to see her apartment complex.

“Have a safe tour.”

Dan nodded his head keeping his hands on the wheel, controlling his need to just touch her. “Thank you,” he said softly not daring to show the tears welling up in his eyes. “You be safe, love,” he said as she nodded her head.

“I always am.”

Arianna closed her eyes softly feeling her body shake as the rain surrounded them. She took a deep breath before leaning over and pressing her lips to his cold cheek. He didn’t dare to look at her in fear that he would just break down. He heard the door slam shut as his eyes turned to the girl.

“This can’t be the end,” he whispered under his breath.

He watched with the tears in his eyes as the girl walked across the street running away from the rain falling all upon her. His body was shaking and he felt sick. He needed her. She was the only thing he had and here he was letting her slip right out of his fingers. He closed his eyes and all he saw was her smile and the way she would laugh. The way she would run in the rain, the smell of her hair and the freckles on her face.

Dan loved Arianna.

With a loud fuck, he found himself opening the door and walking out into the storm, the rain falling hard on him as he threw his keys in his pockets feeling his heart racing along with his mind. He ran across the street yelling her name only to see it come unnoticed. He finally caught up to her and gripped her wrist. She turned to him in surprise as she let out a soft yelp. Not even a second later his lips were on hers. He picked her up from the ground in his arms as they shared a kiss. The rain falling down on them, but they didn’t seem to matter. They were lost in each other. He pulled his lips from hers before looking deep into her eyes.

The tears were streaming down her face. This was all she wanted but why did she still feel empty. She closed her eyes taking a sigh only causing Dan to back up from her. She waited for the three words but when nothing came out she shook her head softly feeling the pain in her heart.

“Am I too late?”

She nodded her head before pressing her lips against his cheek. “I’ll see you when you get back.”

Arianna turned around, ignoring all her better judgments. She kept walking leaving Dan standing there in the rain. Tears in his eyes as he watched the love of his life walk right out of it.

“I love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Another Dan one shot, I love this boy<3
and once again it was a sad one.

I hope you enjoyed it (:
As you know, I don't proof read because i'm lazy. So apologizes for my terrible grammar and such (: