Status: In progress

The wild ride called life

Chapter Two

I sighed as I watched the scenery fly by the windows. I started fidgeting with the brace that I wore on my hand, but Brian slapped my hand way. “Leave it alone!” He ordered. I rolled my eyes and continued to play with the straps on my brace. “What are you going to do when I take this brace off and start using my hand? I’m only supposed to wear it a few hours a day and I’ve had it on since you picked me up at LAX.” I smirked at Brian waiting for his answer. He thought for a second, “Well when you’re asleep I’m going to use industrial strength superglue and glue that bad boy to your hand.” He replied with his notorious smirk on his face. I continued to look at the window singing along to the music as we drove to Brian’s place. My face paled as I recognized Jimmy’s old condo. “Is that Jimmy’s old place?” I asked already knowing the answer. Brian nodded his head in response. I sighed and turned to gaze out his window not wanting to start crying again. “How is Leana?” Brian shrugged his shoulders “She’s doing well I suppose. She sold the condo and moved back to her home town after Jimmy’s funeral. I believe she’s dating someone now. She really doesn’t talk to us that much anymore. I think it hurts her too much.” I nodded my head in agreement. “It is pretty hard to talk to you, let alone being around you brings back a lot of memories. She’ll get over it one day. She was married to him when it happened … I’m guessing she was the one that found him … I can’t imagine what she’s going through.” I stopped talking as we pulled into Brian’s driveway.

I got out of the car and went to the trunk and attempted to get some of my luggage out of the car only to have Brian knock the bags out of my hands. I sighed, beginning to get annoyed and leaned against the car watching Brian try and juggle all of my bags. “I’m not completely handicapped you know” I said closing the trunk and following Brian into the house. Only to have him laugh at me, “Just humor me” he said placing my bags on the ground in one of the spare bedrooms he had. I sat on the bed looking around the room at all the pictures that hung on the wall. A smile graced my face when I saw a picture from our drunken night in Vegas; The night I married Jimmy.

*Flash back 2005*

“Whose bright idea was it to go to Vegas for Valentines Day?” Val asked a little irritated. Jimmy and I raised our hands in the air both expecting to receive a slap in the back of the head from Val. “Oh come on Val it will be fun! Who wants to sit at home and have a nice home cooked meal and receive chocolates and roses … maybe a naughty little card. When you could be in Vegas getting drunk and partying it up. Plus you can have wild crazy hotel sex.” I said smirking at her. “I guess that doesn’t seem that bad…” She said as she finally caved in. “Here this will make things better” I said digging in my purse looking for my bag of skittles. A look of horror took over my face. “What are you looking for” Val asked. I proceeded to pour the contents of my purse out on the bed in front of me. “My bag of skittles they are gone!” I yelled looking around the room. “Who the hell took my skittles?!” I demanded. Val looked at me like I had gone crazy slowly patting me on the back. “I don’t think a bag of skittles would make me happy.” She said smiling at me. I just shook my head “But they weren’t your normal bag of skittles … they were magical ones.” I said with a dreamy look on my face. I shook my head snapping out of my daze looking around the room at the guys and then Jimmy let it slip. A smirk graced his face and then disappeared when he saw me looking at him. I leaped from my spot on the floor and tackled him, knocking him to the ground with a loud thud. “Somebody hold him down!” I yelled. Jimmy just laid there with a smirk on his face while everybody else just looked at me like I was crazy. “Look guys if you wanna have a good time tonight and roll your ball off I suggest you hold this fucker down while I search him!” The moment the guys realized what I just said they all grabbed one of his hands or legs while I started searching his pockets. “Ah ha!” I said as I pulled the bag of skittles out of his pocket. “You ... You … You … You thief!” I yelled at Jimmy as I tried my best not to laugh. I went around the room passing the tabs out “Two for you, two for you, two for you, two for you, two for you, one for you.” I said as I got to Jimmy “What really you’re really gonna jip me like that?! I helped you buy these!” He stated stomping his foot on the floor like a little kid. “What? You didn’t help me buy these you just gave me a number!” I said in disbelief. I stared at him for a second mean mugging him before I caved in. I pulled another tab out of the bag and biting it in half swallowing one half and handing him the other one. “Oh yeah, and two for me.” I said turning to smirk at Jimmy. “I can’t swallow pills dry …” Val began but Jimmy cut her off handing her a flask. She popped the pills in her mouth and swallowed. I took the flask from her and smelled it and handed it to Matt. “I’d rather take them with this!” I said as I pulled a bottle of Jager out of another bag taking the top off, placing the pills in my mouth, and taking a swig from the bottle. Brian took the bottle from me and did the same.

A few hours had past and we were all feeling the effects of the pills. We were walking around the streets of Vegas drinking and having a good time. Val leaned over and whispered something in my ear. I literally fell down laughing. Everybody stopped to look at me. Matt picked me up and put me back on my feet. I smiled at him and proceeded to walk over to Johnny tapping him on the shoulder. I whispered in his ear trying my best not to laugh again. “Has anybody ever told you you look like a lawn gnome?” I asked smiling over at Val. “I do not look like a lawn gnome!” He countered. All the guys stopped in their tracks and started laughing. I took this as my chance and jumped on Jimmy’s back slapping him on the ass. “Giddy up!” I commanded. Jimmy took off running. I had to hold on for dear life as he started to weave in and out of the crowded street. We stopped in front of the hotel waiting for the rest of the group to catch up. I took out the bag of skittles and handed him one popping one in my mouth. Jimmy took out his flask taking a swig before handing it to me; I held my nose as I took a swig. I hate the smell of whiskey. A few minutes later our group of friends approached us. “Let’s go clubbing!” Zacky yelled. We agreed and went to the club inside the hotel.

A few more hours had passed and we were all rolling our balls off. I was currently dancing sandwiched between Jimmy and Brian. I was laughing my ass off. Val walked over and pulled me out from between my two best friends. “Hey I was …” she put a finger up to my mouth and pointed to where I had been dancing before. Neither one of the guys had realized I wasn’t there anymore and were pretty much grinding on each other. I tried to stifle my laughs as I pulled out my camera to take a picture. When the flash went off both the boys snapped there heads up and looked around realizing that I was no longer in between them and that they were dancing together. I smiled innocently at them and ran off with Val unknowingly starting a game of hind-n-seek with the boys. Val and I ran over to the bar and tried to hide in a dark corner. We had just ordered two shots of Jager when Jimmy and Brian found us tickling us from behind. I didn’t mean to but I’m just so ticklish when Brian tickled me I was about to take my shot causing me to jump and the contents on my drink missed my mouth and hit him in the face. Jimmy and Val busted out laughing causing Val to fall off of her stool. I turned around slowly eyes going wide when I saw the look on Brian’s face. I smiled innocently at him. “You shouldn’t have tickled me!” I defended myself. He continued to stare at me. I wasn’t quite sure what to do, so I stood up and licked some of the Jager off of Brian’s face. “You taste yummy!” I stated as I sat back down and ordered 4 more shots. “I wonder where the other guys are.” Brian mused before we all took our shots. We walked around the club not seeing the rest of the guys and decided to go to our rooms.

About 30 minutes later Val got a text from Matt wondering where we were. I pulled out toy waters gun from my bag and proceeded to pass them out. “You’re like Mary Poppins!” Jimmy yelled pulling me into a hug. I laughed and pushed him off of me. He stumbled and fell on top of my bag and then decided to dig threw it. Val walked outside and came running back into the room a few seconds latter yelling “They just got off the elevator!” I hid behind the bed Val, Jimmy, and Brian following in suite. The door opened and Matt started talking before he even entered the room. “Val why did you run away before …” but before he could finish I jumped up from the bed yelling like an Indian and pulled the trigger on my water gun squirting Matt in the mouth. Matt choked on the water and I looked behind me only to see Brian, Jimmy, and Val rolling around on the ground laughing their asses of. “Well there goes my back up” I frowned at the guys and sat on the bed. Jimmy was the first to regain his composure. He jumped back up on the bed next to me and wrapped his arms around me. “That was amazing! You got him right in the mouth!” He said high fiving me. I opened my mouth to reply but I was attacked by Matt. He threw me over his shoulder and began spinning me around in circles. I balled my hand into fist and started punching him in the ass demanding for him to sit me down. Matt lost balance and fell me hitting the floor and him landing on me. “Ugh this is so not fair… I just squirted you in the mouth with water! You my friend are crushing me!” I yelled kicking my feet in protest. He just laughed and got off of me.

I walked over to my bag and pulled out my bottle of Jager and started chugging it. Only to have Brian walk over to me and take it away, “I’m not going to let you be the only one with alcohol poisoning” he said as he took a swig. The bottle started being passed around the room as we tried to decide what to do next. “Oh I’ve got it!” Jimmy yelled sitting up proudly. “Let’s get married!” Johnny laughed at him. “I thought I was supposed to be the stupid drunk.” I rolled my eyes at him and took the bottle away “You are!” I replied as I took another swig. The room grew quiet and I looked around and my eyes landed on Jimmy. “Okay!” I said shaking my head yes. “What?!” Val yelled knowing what was going through my mind. “Let’s get married!” I replied. Everybody stared at me with wide eyes, even Jimmy. “But you haven’t even dated each other!” Matt stated in shock. I handed him the bottle and rolled my eyes, “Just shut up and drink! Get on my level! What’s better then marrying your best friend?! We have lived together before … I’ve known him since I can remember … shit we’ve even had drunken sex before” I said thinking out loud. Jimmy jumped up “Hells yeah! Let’s do this!” he yelled. He picked me up off of the floor and kissed me. I giggled wrapping my arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. Val jumped up pulling me away from Jimmy “We need to get you in something white!” she said pulling me to where our bags were. My eyes went wide “I don’t even own anything white.” I said in shock. Zacky laughed at that “Why doesn’t that surprise me.” Jimmy punched him in the arm. “Don’t talk to my future bride like that!” I slipped one of my shoes off throwing it at Zacky hitting him in the chest. “Goal!” I yelled jumping around doing a victory dance. Zacky looked at me with a hurt expression on his face. “You threw a shoe at me!” he gasped in shock. “You implied I’m a whore!” I countered. He put his hand in the air surrendering. I smiled and turned back to Val “Do you have anything white I can wear?” She looked in her bag and shook her head no. She grabbed her purse and slipped it over her shoulder and handed me mine. “Were going shopping!” Val yelled as she pulled me out of the door. I popped my head back in the door before it fully closed “You James better look dashing or I will refuse to marry you” I said as I pointed at him glaring at him playfully.

We walked around downtown Vegas stopping at all the little shops on the street looking for a white dress. “You know what’s funny?” I asked Val stopping at the Betty Page store. “Huh?” she asked looking through the dresses. “It’s not even 10 pm and we’re pretty fucked up.” I laughed smiling at her. “Oh this one!” Val shouted holding up a 50’s style white cocktail dress. “It’s unlike any other dress I’ve seen all night, but I’ve got to have my hair done like Marilyn Monroe!” Val looked at me studying my hair “Your hair is too long.” She finally concluded. “Well I want my hair up.” I demanded walking towards the cash register and paying for the dress.

As we walked out of the store my cell started to ring. “Hello …” I answered not even caring who it was. “I found the perfect place for you and Jimmy to get married!” Brian practically yelled into the phone. “Woo calm down boy!” I said giggling. “I wanna get married by Elvis.” “Aww damn … you don’t wanna get married by Hulk Hogan?” He whined. “Nope Elvis I want the typical cheesy Elvis marriage.” I said back into the phone. “Fine, but they have an Elvis at this place too.” I smiled “Alright were on our way back to the room. See you then.” I said hanging up before he could respond.

When we arrived back at the room they guys were waiting for us all dressed very nicely. I smiled looking at the “Why you all just look so handsome I just might marry all of you!” I joked. Val pushed me into the bathroom demanding me to strip. I smiled at her and slowly started stripping for her. We both started laughing when I tripped on my shoe and fell on her wearing nothing but my panties. I guess we were making a lot of sound because the next thing I knew Matt had stuck his head into the bathroom. “What’s all the laughing about?” And then he noticed Val and me on the floor. “Why are you naked and on top of my girl?!” He just about screamed. When the guys heard this they all came rushing into the room to see what was going on. At that moment Val surprised me by taking her face in between her hands and kissing me on the lips. It lasted a few seconds and the she pulled away looking at Matt “Happy Valentines Day baby!” She said as she blew Matt a kiss. I stood up with a confused look on my face and then noticed everybody staring at me. I quickly shooed them out of the room, well all except for Matt her refused to leave. “What was going on in here before I walked in?” He asked. I looked around feeling a little awkward. “Heather was getting undressed and tripped on her shoe. She fell on me and we started laughing. Then you barged in screamed that she was naked and on top of me. All the guys came running in here and then I kissed her.” Val stated looking at Matt like he was dumb. I started twiddling my thumbs and looked at Matt. “Do you mind I’m fairly naked here and I feel rather awkward.” Matt looked at me his eyes got wide and then he walked out of the room not saying another word.

An hour later Val had finished my hair and I had finished my make up. She carefully helped me into my dress and I looked into the mirror, and I looked stunning. The dress hugging every curve of my body and my hair looked magnificent. It was styled up and I had perfect ringlets framing my face. I decided to use more natural colors for my face using light brown and pink of my eyes and black eyeliner. I used a light pink lip gloss on my lips and faint almost unnoticeable blush on my cheeks. I looked at Val and smiled. “Just give me one second and I’ll be dressed.” She handed me a robe and I looked at her confused “Put this on and go out there and grab my bag I want you to do my make up too, and we and have you ruining that dress!” I laughed at her but did just as she said. A few seconds later I returned with her bag and I started on her make up.

My heart started pounding when we entered the little chapel. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath trying to calm my nerves. We signed the forms and waited for our number to be called. I looked at Jimmy and he was fidgeting with his tie. I walked up to the lady at the desk and asked if she had a pair of scissors. She nodded her head yes and handed them to me. I walked over to Jimmy and cut his tie. He looked at me with his mouth hanging open. “Why did you do that?” He asked. I shrugged my shoulders as I returned he scissors to the lady. “I could have you choking yourself just to get out of marrying me.” A smile spread across his face as he stood up towering over me. “Why I would never do that you’re my partner in crime.” He said as he would pull me into a hug. I smiled back kissing his chest plus I think the mini tie is cute.” I said with a chuckle.

“Number 69” Elvis called out. Jimmy jumped up “That’s us!” He yelled pulling me to the front. I zoned out the minute Elvis started talking. My heart was now going a thousand beats a minute. When I came out of my daze Elvis was asking about rings. My eyes went wide. “I forgot about the rings” Jimmy just smirked at me “I bought these when you were going to buy a dress” He said as he pulled out two ring pops. I smiled at him. “I promise we’ll get you a real one when we get back to California.” I just smiled even more. “I could care less about the rings.” I said as I looked back at Elvis. We placed the ring pops on each others fingers and Elvis continued. Do you James Sullivan take Heather Simmons to be your lawfully wedded wife?” Jimmy replied “I Scooby dooby do!” My mouth fell open in shock, but I soon started laughing so hard I was crying, even Elvis laughed at that. Once everybody regained their composure he continued. “And do you Heather Simmons take James Sullivan to be your lawfully wedded husband?” Elvis asked me. I looked at Jimmy and I couldn’t help but say yes. “I do.” “I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride.” And with that Jimmy tipped me back and kissed me. We started to walk away when Val piped up “We need a picture!” She walked over to the lady at the desk “Will you please take a picture of all of us?” She asked as she handed over the camera. We all crowded around Elvis, Jimmy and I showing our rings and she took the picture.

*Present Day*

I smiled as I remembered that crazy day. We didn’t stay married long though. We loved each other, but we weren’t in love with each other. We divorced a few months later. Brian smiled at me. “That was a crazy night!” He said sitting down next to me on the bed. “You know I got pregnant that night.” I said laughing. “I have never had a better Valentines Day. My drunken drug induced wedding!” I said laughing. I looked over and Brian was typing away on his phone and then he sat it down next to him on the bed. “Well start unpacking and I’m going to run to the store to buy some beer. The bathroom is down the hall and to the left or you can use the one in my bedroom.” He said as he got up off the bed and walked out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment or let me know what you think of the story. I'm not quite sure where I'm going with it yet, but let me know if you would like to be in it.