You Are the Only Exception

Don't Breathe

Beep beep beep.

I slapped my alarm clock off and woke up in a haze. Yay, another day of dealing with the pricks of my school. Sighing I pulled myself from the warmth of my bed and headed over to my dresser.

After switching my straightner on I pulled out clothes for today, a Pierce the Veil t-shirt, skinny jeans, Batman high-tops, and a few bracelets. Throwing my sleep clothes in my hamper I then changed. After straightening my hair and applying my make-up, I realized that it was as good as it was going to get. I then grabbed my back pack and my cell phone and headed down to where my mom was. I never met my dad, all that I was told was that he left when I was little. My mom didn’t like talking about it so I never pushed it.

“Ah, she’s awake,” my mom said. I smiled at her. She was my best friend (well, besides Matt and a few others but you’ll meet them soon) and I told her everything.
“Yep, just about to leave for school. Can I take the car today?” I had my license but we only had one car. Since my mom had to pay for my driving school I had to buy my car. That was our deal.
“I don’t know. I’m not sure if I’ll need it today.”

“Okay. I’ll just get Matt to drive me.” I started pulling out my phone from my back pocket when it started to vibrate. “Speak of the devil. Hey Matt.”
“Hello sunshine.” Matt said on the other end. Matt was my best friend and had been since second grade. I knew he liked me, too bad I don’t believe in love though. Ever since I saw what happened with to my mom after my dad left, I decided it wasn’t true. Just a myth to keep people happy. “Does a certain girl need a ride to school today?”

“That would be much better walking, or taking the bus.” I said grabbing some pop tarts to take with me.
“Then I’ll be there in a few minutes.”
“Okay, see you then.”
“Bye.”

After we hung up I hugged my mom, grabbed my jacket and walked out the door to wait for Matt.

Closing the door behind me I went into my backpack and pulled out my cigarettes and lighter. My mom knew I smoked; she just didn’t want me doing it in the house. Matt didn’t like me smoking but he just dealt with it. Lighting the cigarette, I put my lighter and cigarettes back in my bag. I took a drag of it and started to feel the calming toxins. When I saw Matt’s car pull up I put the cigarette out and walked over to the car.

“Hey beautiful, you still need a ride?” Matt asked. I blushed and hid behind my hair.
“Hell yea I do!” I said brushing it off. I hope he didn’t notice the blush. “Don’t want to have things thrown at me, now do I?”
“Well then, get in.”

I smiled and got in. I saw my mom at the doors and waved bye to her. Matt was playing some crappy music on the radio so I changed the station. He glared at me and I just stuck my tongue out at him.

When we got to Northern High (my high school) I sighed, grabbed my bag, and got out of the car. I was greeted by a flying hug from one of my other best friends, Mixi.
“You’re here today, Cassi!” Mixi said. I laughed; I had a habit of not coming to school. Who wants to come to school and get tortured all the time? I have literally called my school “prison” so many times. Most classes have no windows!

“Surprising isn’t it?” Matt asked. I stuck my tongue out again at him. “Hey, if you keep sticking your tongue out why don’t you put it to use.”
“Oh fuck you, Matt.” I said to him.
“Okay, bend over.”
“Matt!” I yelled at him.

“Hey, emo bitch. How are you and your faggot friends doing?” One of the preps in our school, Alice, asked from behind us.
“Hey slut. Me and my so called ‘faggot friends’ are doing fine. Did you fuck another guy last night? You sure do smell like sex and booze.” I said with spite.
“It’s funny that you know that. Were you stalking me? Wanting to get some action as well?” She taunted.
“Ew, I’m surprised someone would even fucking touch you. Is that a baby bump I see? Or are you just getting fat?”

Alice was about to punch me but stopped when she saw the principle walking around. Alice ‘humphed’ and then walked away. I looked over at the principle and saw a kid next to him, and holy crap, that kid was sexy.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! Since I gave up on one of my other ones I wanted to write a new one. Maybe this on will go better? I hope you guys like the first chapter! c:
Outfit