Because of You

Birthday Drama

Saturday,

It was 2 p.m and I was in the backyard with Adele talking. Layla was playing with Grayson while most of her classmates and friends were running around. Tom walked out back with Casey who looked annoyed so I stood up as Layla ran into me at full speed.

"Oh my God!" I laughed and bent down kissing her forehead.

"Daddy's here with that woman I don 't like." She said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't think she likes me or you." She said sadly.

"How is that even possible everyone loves you." I said hugging her.

"I know." My daughter had so much of my personality that it was downright scary. I smiled.

"Let's go say hi to Daddy." I suggested and took her hand and walked over to Tom. Layla instantly let go of my hand and ran to her daddy who picked her up and gave her a kiss.

"Happy birthday princess." He said.

"Thank you daddy." She smiled brightly.

"Hey Tom, hey Casey. There's food on the counter inside and I have go get something for my beautiful little birthday girl." I smiled.

"Okay, um can I use your bathroom?" Casey asked.

"Sure, just follow me." I said noticing Tom smiling and he walked off with Layla. Once we were inside I went to Layla's cake and started lighting the candles. "The bathroom is down the hall to the left."

"You can't have him you know." Casey said.

"Excuse me?" I asked turning around.

"Tom, you can't have him." She said crossing her arms over her chest.

"How old are you Casey?" I asked.

"25." She answered defensively.

"Listen little girl. I am not trying to take him from you. He wants to get to know his daughter and if that's all you have to say I have to get back to my daughter."

"I don't care about you or your bastard child-" That word immediately set me off and I got in her face.

"Listen to me and listen good." I said walking closer than humanly possible. "If you ever call my daughter a bastard again I will drag your ass around this yard by your fucking hair and Tom will not be able to stop me and I guarantee that."

"Olivia, that's enough." I heard Tom who was standing in the doorway. His face was red which meant he was pissed off. "I need a moment alone with Casey." He directed his anger at her.

"Gladly, get this trashy bitch out of my house." I said. I lit the last candle and picked up the cake gently and walked outside. I set it on the table to get everyone ready to sing happy birthday to Layla. Addie walked over.

"Hey, you look upset. Where's Tom?" She asked.

"Inside with Casey probably dumping her." I said.

"Why?" She asked.

"She called Layla a bastard and Tom was at the doorway and he heard it."

"She called Lay what?" I saw the anger flash in her eyes before she turned around and headed to the house. I followed behind her having a lot of trouble keeping up.

"Addie don't!" I warned but Addie wasn't listening and I questioned why I wore 5 inch heels.

"Tom, I'm so sorry!" I heard Casey yell.

"I don't give a fuck! That little girl and my son mean the world to me and to call my daughter a bastard was crossing the line. Get out of this house, don't ever call me again as far as I'm concerned you don't exist to me." He said coldly.

"Hey Casey." Addie said Casey turned around and Addie punched her in the mouth and she fell back holding her mouth.

"Unlike Olivia, I will knock you the fuck out as soon as you say something wrong about my niece." She spat out before kicking her in the stomach. She went for another hit but I stopped her.

"No, come on." I said smiling on the inside. I managed to get Addie out but damn was she a hellcat.

A few minutes later, I was outside with everyone about to sing 'Happy Birthday' to Layla when Tom walked out and put a smile on his face. He joined the table next to me.

"Where's Casey?" I asked.

In a cab going by my place to get her shit and to get as far away from me as possible." He said.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"I'm not." He said as he kissed Layla on the forehead and nudged me on the shoulder.

***

An hour after the party, I was finishing cleaning up. I gave myself and Addie the day off for this party but I made Emma and Jennifer work because I was still pissed off at Jennifer. I walked into the house to see Tom about to take the trash out.

"Hey, you didn't have to do that I could have taken it out." I said putting her bags of gifts down.

"I wanted to." He said I sat down on the stool and let out a sigh.

"Thank God that's over." I said pulling my hair down from the ponytail I had it in.

"Thanks for the gift suggestion. She loves it." He said with a smile.

"No problem." I said.

"Are you excited about New York?" He asked.

"Yep, I haven't been back since Layla was 3. My mom flies out here when she can."

"Well I'm sure she'll appreciate the visit." He said.

"Yep, oh and I told you so." I said.

"Told me what?" He asked.

"That you would be an amazing actor." I said.

"Took a while but I finally did it." He said.

"An no matter how things ended I'm still proud of you." I said.

"God Liv, you make me feel like an arse." He said.

"How?" I asked.

"I had an amazing woman who was also my bestfriend and I broke your heart for what? A woman who didn't even measure up to you and now I'm afraid I lost my best friend."

"Tom, you didn't lose me, I'll always be your bestfriend and you already apologized and I forgave you. Now you are stuck with for 11 years or more." I said with a smile.

"I have a very serious question for you by the way." He said.

"What's that?" I asked. He paused for a second staring at me.

"I already have a college fund set aside for Louis and I want to do one for Layla. Do you already have one?" He asked.

"Yep, it has $13,000 in it." I said.

"Okay, well is there anyway I could deposit some more?"

"Tom, you don't have to." I said.

"Shes my little girl too." He said.

"Fine, I'll give you the bank information." I said before sitting up. "I was so scared in the past that you wouldn't be happy about my pregnancy but I was wrong. You are an amazing dad." I said.

"Thank you." He said.

"I'm going to check up on Layla real quick." I said getting up. I walked into her playroom to see her watching 'The Smurfs' movie on her couch. Addie bought it for her and I was sure it would be on repeat in our household.

"Hey honey." I said walking over and sitting down

"Hey mommy." She said.

"Did you have a fun birthday?" I asked.

"Yeah." She nodded.

"How about you bring the movie out and watch it with me and Daddy?" I asked.

"Okay." She said.

"I'll go make some popcorn." I got up and walked into the living room. Tom was still in the kitchen.

"Hey, do you have any plans right now?" I asked.

"No, why?" He asked sitting down on the stool.

"Layla wants to watch a movie." I said before going to my Blu-Ray player. I turned on my flat screen and Warrior was in so it's menu popped up.

"Well, it's safe to say you watch my movies. Did you like Warrior?" He asked.

"Like? Dude I loved it and I have to watch it constantly. I said as I took the movie out as Layla walked in holding her movie.

I got it and put it in for her and she took her place on the couch. I walked into the kitchen and got the popcorn ready.

Tom sat down next to Layla and after I finished popping the popcorn I put it in a bowl and walked over sitting down.

I didn't realize I fell asleep until I felt myself being carried. I opened my eyes and sat Tom holding me.

"Where's Layla?" I asked.

"Watching Kung Fu Panda 2." He said quietly. He walked into my bedroom and placed me down on my bed.

"I've got to get up." I said as he moved to remove my shoes.

"No, you are exhausted and you are going to take a nap. I will watch movies with Layla and wake you up at 9:30 so I can go and you can get her ready for bed. Now sleep." He said.

"Okay. Thank you." I said as I closed my eyes.

***

I woke up hearing nothing but quiet so I got up and walked out of the room. I walked to Layla's room and saw Layla tucked in and asleep. Tom was nowhere in sight. I closed her door back and walked downstairs to see him asleep on the couch. He looked so uncomfortable on the couch so I walked over.

"Hey Tom." I shook him slightly. He opened his eyes and looked up at me.

"What time is it?" He asked.

"2:30 a.m. Come on you can sleep in my room."

"I'll go back to my place." He said yawning.

"No, you are tired and it's late. Come on." I said grabbing his hand helping him up.

"I don't want you to be uncomfortable."

"No, it's fine." I said.

"Okay." He said. He followed me upstairs to my bedroom which was huge and had a California King size bed so there was plenty of room for us. I decided to wear a tank top and sweatpants so I wouldn't be naked.

"I have some really big shirts if you want to get comfortable." I said.

"Okay, that sounds fine." He said.

I went into my drawer and got one. I threw one to him and he caught it before taking off his shirt which was a button down. I walked into the bathroom to change and walked back out with my hair pinned up. Tom was already knocked out. I smiled and walked over to my side of the bed and crawled in and before I knew it I was asleep.