Status: active<3

Simple Thoughts

Remainder of the Night

The week seemed to buzz by, even though I didn't have classes everyday, I was still busy. Busy with homework, cheer and so much more. I barely had time to sit down and think or go out with Adrianna. She wasn't happy, but when you were up till midnight, drinking coffee and doing homework, she didn't have much to say.

Never take statics in college. Ever.

Saturday morning came faster than I thought it would and I couldn't have been more excited. I couldn't decide if I was excited for spending a day with Luke or not. Like I said, I don't understand why I'm drawn to him, but I am. It's strange. I was definitely excited about Disney, I'd never been there before.

I surely wasn't accustomed to waking up at nine, but I walked down the stairs to the parking lot and Luke was standing there smiling. He had on khaki shorts and an blue Aero shirt. His eyes were brighter than they were before.

"Coffee?" He asked, handing me a cup. I smiled and took it from his hand. "Is that all you're going to allow me to pay for?" He asked, cocking a brow and smiling at me. He looked cute and I wouldn't deny that to myself.

To be honest, Disney didn't seem like a second date to me, but I was still okay with going. Like I said, I've never been there before. Even if it felt like moving all too fast, I went. Only because it was Disney, I decided.

When we got there, I was slightly overwhelmed. I had never seen so many people in one place. I looked around me at the bright colors, the happy music and everything that was going on. "Here's your ticket," Luke said, handing me a flimsy piece of paper.

"You little sneak!" I hollered, slapping his chest. He chuckled and grabbed my hand, smirking at me.

"Be more observant!" He hollered, as we walked towards the lines that were pouring into the park. "Now, I hope you don't mind, but I picked Magic Kingdom even if it's kinda childish. I made reservations at Crystal Palace for us." He said to me, meeting me on the other side of the gates.

"I've never been here before," I finally divulged to him. His eyes got wide and his mouth dropped to form an almost perfect O.

"You're a liar," he exclaimed. Suddenly walking faster into the crowd of people. "You have to be kidding!" I looked at him and shook my head and his eyes grew wider than before they almost looked like they were gonna explode and I couldn't help but giggle.

"Well, then! Let's go!" He said, pulling me through the crowd by my hand, all the way to Main Street. Peter Pan's line was way to long and so was Snow White's. So, we went on It's a Small World. It was cute and nice to be close to him as he sang the song into my ear.

There were a bunch of rides we went on. We got soaked on Splash Mountain, dried off on Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain and I pretended to be scared on the Haunted Mansion. We blew off the Crystal Palace to share a giant turkey leg and he got Mickey Mouse to sign a post-it note for me.

Finally, it seemed like it was time for the parade. The sky had darkened and I was tired, but I wasn't going to miss this. We sat on the sidewalk together, eating a Mickey shaped ice cream treat. He got chocolate on his nose and I giggled.

"Did you have fun?" He asked, smiling and I nodded. "Well, good. I was going for that. My family and I come here a lot. It's like a tradition thing. I haven't been since I moved up here, but this is my favorite park." He had a nostalgic look in his eyes as he spoke.

"Yes, thank you so much." I said, casting my eyes down at the ground. The bright floats went by soon after and even though Luke looked bored, I was totally enthralled. Then, the fireworks started. He pulled out a rumpled post-it note and handed it to me.

Can I kiss you?

I giggled and handed him back the post-it with my reply from the first time still untouched. So instead, he put his arm tight around my shoulders and kept it there for the remainder of the night.